iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Apparently I'm Popular in Beverly Hills!

Started by Red Clay Hound, December 16, 2012, 07:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Clay Hound

Back in October I launched a new website for my newly formed portable sawmill business in Northeast Georgia.  My website host has a dashboard where I can see the locations of people who are viewing my website.  For the past four weeks in a row, I have been surprised to find that the city that has the most page views of my website is Beverly Hills, California! ??? ???  The first time it happened I thought it was just a fluke, but it has been the same every week for the past month! 

I guess when I get that call from Beverly Hills wanting me to saw some logs, I'll have to call Magicman and see if he wants to take another road trip! :D
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well the first thing you know, Red Clays a millionaire.....
The kin folks said, "Red move away from there!"....
Said California is the place you ought to be....
So Red loaded up the mill and moved to Beverly.....Hills that is.....sawdust.......California or bust!  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Maybe they are selling something on the streets in BH that has a name attached to it that matches up with something on your website to get the hits. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Red Clay Hound

Quote from: Jeff on December 16, 2012, 07:28:09 PM
I had my shoulder redone in Beverly Hills by Beverly Hills Orthopedics. smiley_smug01
Jeff, were you looking at my website while you were in Beverly Hills? ;D
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

samandothers

David it made me chuckle, I got it.  I don't know that I'd give up sawing yet...  Writing lyrics may not be your strong suit.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: samandothers on December 17, 2012, 08:43:58 PM
David it made me chuckle, I got it.  I don't know that I'd give up sawing yet...  Writing lyrics may not be your strong suit.

Advice taken, Sam.  :D

Red Clay Hound

I would probably fit in in Beverly Hills, CA about as well as Jed, Granny and the rest of the Clampetts! :D

WDH

You could set your sawmill up next to the cement pond.  That way, your sawdust would not be an eyesore to Mrs. Drysdale  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Red Clay Hound

And maybe Grannie will cook me up a possum when I get hungry! :D

Red Clay Hound

Have you noticed that everyone who is participating in the Beverly Hillbillies banter is over 50?  I wonder why that is?  :D

WDH

We can't remember what we did yesterday, but we do remember the Beverly Hillbillies  :).  (Where did I put those chains  ???).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Left Coast Chris

Not sure what the real reason you are getting hits is but I personally know several city dwellers that are the "mother earth news" type refugees that excaped to up where we live and into remote areas.   It is supprising how many urban accomplished professionals or those with successful carriers dream of doing what we do when they retire.

You might be the legend people dream of becoming? :)  ???
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Magicman

A representative from a large manufacturer once offered my Brother a job.  Said that he could make plenty of money and then when he retired he could come back and hunt and fish anytime that he wanted.  My Brother replied...."I'm doing that now".   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

We had a DVD of "the hills". we watched it when our GD was about 16. She had no idea what show this was,never seen or heard of them.I never heard her laugh so much. The one I remember with her was the one with the kangaroo and Grannie thought it was a jack rabbit and wanted to shot it. I would like to have a nickel every time Jed took that shot gun every from her. It is funny the way the Clampetts can twist a every day word or saying around to mean something totally different. Like MD,Mister Doctor.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Red Clay Hound

Quote from: Left Coast Chris on December 17, 2012, 11:15:35 PM
It is supprising how many urban accomplished professionals or those with successful carriers dream of doing what we do when they retire.

It occurred to me that they might be tree huggers planning a protest! :o  I'll just tell them that I only saw dead trees...  At least they're dead once they hit the ground! smiley_smug01

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: Red Clay Hound on December 17, 2012, 10:31:43 PM
Have you noticed that everyone who is participating in the Beverly Hillbillies banter is over 50?  I wonder why that is?  :D

To be fair, there is a pretty significant percentage of Forestry Forum membership that is over the age of 50. I hope to have a sawmill and a piece of land by the time I'm 50. But it won't be in Beverly Hills ;D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

samandothers

David if song writing or sawing falls through you can always become a brain surgeon like Jethro planned.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: samandothers on December 18, 2012, 08:11:24 PM
David if song writing or sawing falls through you can always become a brain surgeon like Jethro planned.

:D :D   I might do that Sam......I hate to brag but I do have a 6th grade education and I can syfer numbers up to 12.  :D :D

WDH

You can have an Agent 007 steel hat, too  :D.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 18, 2012, 10:28:04 PM
You can have an Agent 007 steel hat, too  :D.

And eat my Grits out of a 5 gallon bowl.  :D

WDH

On a pool table with the fancy pot passing sticks  :D.

pigman

David, it is not nice to brag like that. Some of us can't syfer that high. :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I can load a grease gun though!  :D :D :D

WDH

Bob,

But I bet that you have a fine eatin' table like the Clampetts did  ;D.

David,

I can identify 369 species of trees, but I am going to need a tutorial on how to load a grease gun  :).

Thank You Sponsors!