iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Minolta ??

Started by D._Frederick, March 26, 2004, 07:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D._Frederick

We have been thinking about getting a digital camera, Costco has been stocking the Minolta  model Z 1 3.2 M. The reason I like this camera is it has a 10X optical zoom, sells for $379.
Give me your comments on Minolta or other brands you like?

DanG

Couldn't really tell ya much about specific cameras, but Minolta used to make some pretty good stuff, back in the "analog" days.

The 10x optics would be a big selling point for me, if I weren't giving up too much else to get it.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

We have a Sony FD-83. It is the square flat looking model and uses the Floppy's. It has zoom and can make a short video and do stuff I can't even imagine.

We got 2 screw on the front, lenses, and can take pics of very small stuff, or show great detail of things like coins and jewelry. Was $600.00 when we got it, about 5 years ago. Should be a LOT cheaper, now.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SawBilly

There is a difference between optical zoom and digital zoom, digital zoom just makes the picture bigger, like enlargeing it on a pc.

megapixals is a key point, I assume the 3.2m is 3.2 megapixals, if so that is good, dont get under 2 any more.

How many pictures do you want it to store, change out cards,

How do you get the pictures off of it? floppy drive, usb card reader, cable with REAL SLOW connection?

these are things to consider in addition to cost.

It is a real shame to have a great camera on a trip but it will only hold five pictures and you didnt't take the laptop with you :(

Thank You Sponsors!