iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ever felt like a Mouse in a room full of Cats?

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 16, 2012, 10:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Speak only when spoken too, smile even when the shoes are too tight, and of course, never leave a plate unlclean 8)  or face the rath of the better half ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Busy Beaver Lumber

Dave you Social Butterfly

Kristina and I can hardly stop laughing after the additional details you were kind enough to provide.

When I first saw the pics at the beginning of the post, I said to my wife, now there is a happy couple and a fellow that loves his wife. Now i cant help but wonder if you were not clinging on to her for your own personal safety.

looking once again at the artwork, the two subjects actually do look like body building cross dressers. In fact the one on the right looks like she has five o'clock shadow.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Dan_Shade

there's a saying, I'm sure you're familiar:  "Any port in a storm"

Bon voyage!   :D :D :D

actually, that's an "ack" for sure
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The painting was bought over in Britain when they went on vacation. Isn't the money over there measured in pounds? If so....them 2 gals costs a lot.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

David, I never considered that you had a low brow  :D.

I would have tried the snails and the fish eggs  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 16, 2012, 08:45:37 PM

I would have tried the snails and the fish eggs  :).

I would have.......if I was a fishing.  :D

LeeB

The snails I like, the fish eggs not so much. Bashing someone because they're different not so much.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Okrafarmer on December 16, 2012, 05:32:28 PM
Poston,
Not sure if anybody said so, but your wife looks rather lovely too, btw.  :)

Thanks Okra....she's a Florida girl.

Corley5

My wife got a promotion last spring  8) 8) and told me that an invitation to a Christmas party for dept supervisors hosted by the agency's head psychiatrist came with it.  I've been dreading it for the last six months  :-\  She told me Friday after the  general agency party that the boss was going to the Carribean and there wouldn't be a party this year  8) 8) ;D 8) 8) 8)  Whew!!!  There's always next year  :-\ 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

POSTON WIDEHEAD

thecfarm

My wife does not like me going to partys where there is food. I eat too much.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I'm hoping Tammy's bus garage has a party this year. We usually got to the Horseshoe bar in Marion. Dress like I dress, Get what I want to eat, and have a few drinks, and let Tammy drive home. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

I just mosey on up to the food bar and pull up a stool and eat.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

We have a Christmas party for the salebarn, you could pretty much walk in to that one in a pair of dirty coveralls and muck boots with, well, muck on them.  Heck I don't know if they'd recognize me if I cleaned up, but my wife's Hospital Christmas party, well.......

thurlow

Sometimes you gotta do what'che gotta do.  My wife is a 46-year banker;  started as a teller in the note department and is now EVP/COO.  No matter what the news readers may say, bankers....at least at the local level......are very CONSERVATIVE.  They have their annual Christmas party sometime around the first of December and usually at the local country club.  It's a dress-up affair.  Swmbo is also one of the 5 directors and they w/spouses sit together at a reserved table.  Except for weddings and funerals, it's the only time each year that I put on a (conservative) suit and drag out my shined black shoes.  The employees also wear suits or party clothes;  what gets me is what the employees' spouses/guests show up in.......blue jeans, boots, ball caps, etc.  Wouldn't surprise me to see one wearing flip-flops.  I think most of 'em are just clueless.............
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

1270d

This has me rolling on the floor with laughter.  Hoo boy.  And wearing duct tape.... lol

nas

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 16, 2012, 10:08:52 AM
My wife accepted a VERY good job about 8 months ago.
Now I know how you can afford to run a sawmill business :D  Don't worry, I've got the same issue..  The wife has a good job, so I can keep doing what I love 8) 8)
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: nas on December 17, 2012, 07:57:16 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 16, 2012, 10:08:52 AM
My wife accepted a VERY good job about 8 months ago.
Now I know how you can afford to run a sawmill business :D  Don't worry, I've got the same issue..  The wife has a good job, so I can keep doing what I love 8) 8)

;D

Thank You Sponsors!