iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LOGOSOL SH410

Started by hamish, December 15, 2012, 10:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamish

Well the title says it all..........

Is anybody using one? If so what do you like dislike about it?
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Jim_Rogers

I did a search here on the FF for that model in any post and didn't get a hit.

Maybe you should contact the company and ask for referrals to previous customers and see if you can contact one and get your answers.

Good luck with your research.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

hamish

Thanks for the reply Jim,

Saw the 410 at a logging expo this past summer, and regretfully the reps on hand were kind of clueless about it.
Myself I see alot of potential in a resaw/planer/moulder.

Jeremy
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Aikenback

The LM410 works on bandmill tracks. I'm hoping to get one. Ordering everything rough-sawn, plane it myself just before joinery. That way I can use standing dead and keep an inventory to be used as needed without dealing with twists, stains, forklift, banding, sticker marks. Its always something. I think this is the one you mean, no? You can use molding knives in it too
no whining.

Logosol Malte

Hello Hamish,
You are absolutely right about the potential with resaw/planer/moulder in one machine. The SH410 is a new machine outside Sweden. That is probably why they were clueless about it. It is also a totally unique machine if you look at the possibilities and price and that can be hard to explain since there is nothing to compare with. We released it 1 year ago here in Sweden and it's a great success.
I would say we have three different types of customers for this machine:
The ones using it as a high quality 410 planer and are perfectly happy with that
The ones using it as a resaw and are perfectly happy with that
The ones using all the functions and says that it's the best machine ever
We actually have customers having two SH410 because of the output compared to the relatively small investment.
So using it as a planer, moulder or resaw is easy operations. On the down side I would say that to be able to do resawing and molding in one operation it takes some training. Since the posting of the molding knives need to be exact. After some practice you can actually do two different profiles (on each side of the resaw blade) in one op.
If you have further questions we would be most happy to give you a call.

Thank You Sponsors!