iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Two men, two horses and a day to do it.

Started by saxon0364, December 14, 2012, 09:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saxon0364

I wanted to do this job in a day so we wouldnt have to truck the horses again. 93 logs,(I think, lost track a few times counting) don't know how many trees. I just put them down, marked the logs out for the skid guy, topped them and moved on before the horses ran me over. Took us 7 hours and 10 minutes. And we pulled out a few poles for firewood as well. A lot of fun, good day logging.
[img width=550 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/af355/ERA_526/001-1.jpg[/img]
[img width=550 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/af355/ERA_526/002-1.jpg[/img]
The best side benefit to logging, besides having an excuse to always smell like 2 cycle exhaust and horses.
[img width=550 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/af355/ERA_526/005.jpg[/img]
The twitch trail, not much damage to the hay field at all, back drag it with a tractor blade or bucket, toss some seed and your done.
[img width=550 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/af355/ERA_526/006.jpg[/img]
Nothing wrong with quiet.

rbhunter

I hope you get the pictures uploaded to the gallery. I am looking forward to them. How many board feet did you cut and pull out and how many people and horses doing what jobs?
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

saxon0364

Well, sorry, its says Im not allowed to upload pics or start a gallory,,,so ahh, never mind, as you were.   To answer your question though, I was cutting, another guy was skidding with the horses.   He also bucks them on the landing if I havnt already cut them to length in the woods.
Nothing wrong with quiet.

beenthere

PM Jeff.
Your conclusion about not being allowed does not fit with the FF so must be a mis interp of something.
Have you set up a gallery in your account?

I too, and am sure others, would like to see you prevail with posting pics. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dave Shepard

shelby78 recently had an issue like this and it was a Windows issue that was resolved in Windows. There is a thread in the "Behind the Forum" section. I'd like to see the pics as well.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

shelbycharger400

I had the same issue when I first came here. You can download a flash

Thank You Sponsors!