iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sad Sad Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Woodhauler, December 14, 2012, 01:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Prayers Go out to the victims and families in connecticut! So tragic this has to happen!  I am at a loss for words!!!!!  MAY GOD BE WITH THEM IN THIS TIME OF NEED!!!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Magicman

Understanding is beyond my comprehension.  My thoughts and prayers are with the innocent victims.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

As a parent and spouse to an elementary teacher my thought and prayers are going out now.  So sorry for all the loss in the families affected,  david robertson
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Den Socling

How could anybody shoot 18 elementary students? What goes through these people's minds. One mass shooting after another!

blackfoot griz

This is behond comprehension. My thoughts and prayers are with them as well.
Simply tragic.

NWP

Unbelievable.  I've got 3 boys all in the same elementary school together.  I can't imagine being the parents of those who were killed.  Prayers for all involved.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Chuck White

My condolences to all involved!

I've been listening to the reports most of the day.

The general consensous seems to be the shooter(s) are at their wits end and they see themselves as losers with nowhere else to go.

Why they would have to shoot all those children, then themselves is unimaginable.  Why not just take themselves out and leave the kids alone!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chain

"Peace of Earth, goodwill toward men".... I grew up with this quote.

It rings very empty today, almost meaningless..but we can never give in to evil..

May God Bless and care for those who lost children and friends.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Somethings is hard to understand......it's just gut wrenching.

Prayers to all.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

I have been trying to work here with the TV on in the background, and I keep tearing up thinking about what these families and that community is going through and what this world is coming to.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

yarnammurt

There is no way that someone did not know how bad off the idiot was. Sad day for sure.
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

Autocar

Very sad day for sure, Ive always felt gun control was not the answer but what is ? Lock the school doors with armed guards that know how to use there weapon, what about the local mall ? For the life of me I can't come up with a answer but we must try or do something. There was a peace on the news the other night about people that play violent video games for more then three days in a test was more aggressive. Nuts I don't know but I do feel TV and these games make killing a non feeling . 
Bill

Roxie

Please let's not discuss gun laws or societal causes.  Let's just grieve this incredible loss together. 

Say when

1270d

Sitting looking at my children, wondering how someone could ever, ever do such a thing.  My condolences to all family members and friends.

Woodhauler

Quote from: Roxie on December 14, 2012, 05:43:41 PM
Please let's not discuss gun laws or societal causes.  Let's just grieve this incredible loss together.
I agree Roxie,we all need to pray for the familys involved!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

NWP

I quit watching the news.  Never thought that something like this would happen at an elementary school.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Jeff

Quote from: Roxie on December 14, 2012, 05:43:41 PM

That's right Roxie. I'm not going to allow it here. This is just to sad. There are other topics in the restricted board to rant if they wish. I'll move this back to the general board so people have a place to express their loss. You are the moderator there. You are the board moderator there. Anyone that can't follow this wish, you just go ahead and delete their post or one of the admins will.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

red oaks lumber

i just sat numb watching  the news, how sad! my heart go out to all the families.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WH_Conley

Totally heartbreaking. So many lives lost and others changed forever. Family, students, EMS, Fire, Law Enforcement. Forever changed. My heart goes out to all.
Bill

JohnM

Quote from: Jeff on December 14, 2012, 04:31:33 PM
I have been trying to work here with the TV on in the background, and I keep tearing up thinking about what these families and that community is going through and what this world is coming to.

I had to shut the TV off.  My wife and kids are in NH visiting friends.  I know they are ok but would much prefer them home right now.  Just horrible and unexplainable.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

isawlogs

:'(  ... just a shame.  :'(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

morgoon

Homemade bandsaw, made by my mentor and dear friend Unto...who turned 85 this year

And I just made my first longbow...awesome

rockman

It is just Heartbreaking, I simply can not imagine how those people(victims, families, first responders, police) feel. Thoughts and prayers to everyone involved.

Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

Migal

My Wife and I will pray for the victim's and their family's. What MM said I can not comprehend such a act.
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Corley5

Unbelievably horrific  :o :o :( :( :'( :'( :'(  Victims five to ten years old  :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :( :( :(  What sort of monster does such a thing ? 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!