iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What corner would you saw first?

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 11, 2012, 04:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is the squarest Cedar I've come across. Looks sort of square to me. It made some nice lumber today.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Weekend_Sawyer

I would cut some cookies off of it and make end tables.
Really cool looking log.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Delawhere Jack

breederman

And after I cut the end tables off I would have sawed it really thick to make the matching coffee table!
Together we got this !

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This log was a customers. He had me saw it 4/4 with live edge on both side. Soooo, I started at the top and didn't stop until I got to the bottom.  :D

woodmills1

sweet

but ya musta flipped once........................... ???
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

terrifictimbersllc

Saw the sides not the corners.  Don't need to Bibby that log.    ;D ;D  And by the way: https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,60208.msg880357.html#msg880357   :D :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Busy Beaver Lumber

David

What a great idea. Grow square shaped trees to eliminate most of the waste associated with squaring up the cant. You might be on to something here. :D
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Cedarman

Lots of cedars are squarish.  Most have one or two relatively flat sides.
Since you were sawing straight through, it didn't look like it mattered which way you went.  Nice not to see any rot in that puppy.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Cedarman on December 11, 2012, 05:50:23 PM
Lots of cedars are squarish.  Most have one or two relatively flat sides.
Since you were sawing straight through, it didn't look like it mattered which way you went.  Nice not to see any rot in that puppy.

Dear Mr. Cedarman, your reply insinuates you have some knowledge of the tree species Juniperus Virginiana.  :D

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WDH

That log is an old rascal.  (Kinda like you, David  :))
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 11, 2012, 09:33:35 PM
That log is an old rascal.  (Kinda like you, David  :))

and as square as you.  ;D (just playing).  :D

WDH

I am a lot rounder than you think  :D :D :D.  Round logs roll easier than square ones  ;D.  The same goes for people too, I guess.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 11, 2012, 09:43:58 PM
I am a lot rounder than you think  :D :D :D.  Round logs roll easier than square ones  ;D.  The same goes for people too, I guess.

It just depends on how steep the hill is.  :)

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Okrafarmer

Just don't be puttin any of them square pegs in any round holes.  ;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Cedarman

And then there is the square log that does a 45 degree spiral from one end to the other.  AAARGH!!!
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Okrafarmer

Ooooo, there's got to be a specialized application for that!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!