iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Table(update 1)

Started by JMoore, December 11, 2012, 07:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMoore

This is my first furniture project from standing tree to finished product.

Its not complete yet but I'll update later!pics of the underside and cleats used to attach top to apron, 

legs with stretcher

WDH

No better feeling than to fell a tree that you have grown, saw it, dry the lumber, and make a piece of furniture!  Well done!.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

No picture of the standing tree and how you got it out?  ;D
What kind of wood?  I only build with sawmill.  :D  Good job.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JMoore

The tree was a water or laurel oak. The wood is the same though . I'm sorry no standing pics the tree came from a friends yard and the table is for his son for Christmas .

thecfarm

Was that a tree the son use to play in and around growing up?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Axe Handle Hound

Nicely done.  I like the Shaker style legs and I assume it's going to be a trestle table when you're done?  How are you planning to make the joint between the legs and the trestle? 

JMoore

I dont know if he played in that particular tree he had lots and lots of trees to choose from! I plan on joining the legs with screws and plugging the with mushroom looking plugs.I'm replicating a table the father has in his house and paid alot of money for years ago. I would probably mortise and tenon if it was my call.

SwampDonkey

Tables are always great projects. Always interesting to see how many different ways folks assemble them.  Looking great. 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

T Welsh

Your hooked now! Great table. Keep some progress pictures coming,that's how I get inspiration! Looking at other peoples projects and then adding my own touch.Tim

Lud

Your table looks good.  I was once told to Pre-drill your screw holes to avoid splitage.  Best advice one can get. ;)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Tree Feller

The table is looking good. It's very satisfying to take a project from tree to finished furniture. Enjoy the build and keep the progress pics coming.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Ernie

Lookin good, keep the pics coming
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

JMoore

Thanks for all the replies,I'll post more photos but i'm at a standstill with the rain for the last 3 days here in not so sunny Florida!!

caveman

We are ready for the finished pictures of the table.  Merry Christmas.
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!