iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Disappointed in Woodmizer

Started by TGS, December 10, 2012, 02:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGS

I called last Monday and ordered a box of 7 degree blades to try out. I've heard you fellas talk these up quite a bit so when it came time to order I went back to woodmizer. The lady I spoke with was really friendly and I thought all went well but my card was never debited and my blades never came in. The last WM blades I bought was 2 years ago and they came a few days later. After a week of rain we finally have a few dry days before it gets wet again Saturday. When ups didn't stop this morning I called - low and behold the order was never placed. My credit card information and ship to address was updated correctly but no work order for my 150" blades. So here I sit facing another unproductive week. I hate to order another box of Lennox but I know they would be here by Wednesday for at least two dry days if work. I know mistakes happen but dang.

thecfarm

As I say,why does it always happen to me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

One of the things I like about ordering online is the immediate invoice of my order that comes by email.

Wonder if that is possible with WM ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Call Wood-Mizer back and explain your situation. Ask if will give next day free shipping.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

TGS

You can order online if you have one of their stock lengths. Mine is for a B20 and isn't a stock length so I have to order over the phone.

tcsmpsi

Quote from: beenthere on December 10, 2012, 02:50:55 PM
One of the things I like about ordering online is the immediate invoice of my order that comes by email.

Wonder if that is possible with WM ??

10-4 on that.  Invoice and order number.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

hackberry jake

Menominee saw also sells wm bands. You can get 4 different kinds of bands (or more maybe) in one box. I ordered a mixed box of 10 bands of 4 different varieties and that was pretty neat. Like a sampler platter at a restaurant.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Mooney

I talked to Gary Moore about your issue, and he let me know that he placed the order and marked it as 'Urgent' when you called this morning. Sorry for the mistake.   :-\ Hope you're able to try out those new blades in some good weather.

drobertson

Looks like they are working on the problem. I do like the wmz blades, but have been using the  Cooks' Super Sharp, I'm pretty sure they make blades for most mills, I would not hesitate keeping a few different makes handy.  just my opinion.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

T Welsh

TGS, Its a fluke! It happens we are all human. I have never had an issue with ordering over the phone or on line. This in my opinion is one of the best companies out there in customer service. Its nice to know if I need them they will there for me!And they always have in at least 20 transactions over the last 2 years.  8). Tim

Busy Beaver Lumber

My two cents for what it is worth. I think it is poor form to openly criticize a company before giving them the opportunity to make good on a mistake. According to Jacob, Woodmizer was more than willing to take ownership of the problem and give it top priority when the error was brought to their attention.

I personally have had nothing but good experiences with Woodmizer. When I broke a part on my LT-10 and called them at 4:15 in the afternoon to order a replacement part under warranty, I was absolutely shocked when it arrived before noon on the following day.

In my opinion, anyone can make an error, but it is how they take ownership of the discrepancy and make good for the problem that speaks volumes about their character and how much they value their customers, and along those lines, Woodmizer sets the standard for others to follow.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

barbender

What Busy Beaver said. I realize it stinks when you end up missing days of production, but it wouldn't have happened if you would have ordered blades before you where out (this is advice to myself, too ;D). Well organized cats like the Magicman never wait till they get down on blades before ordering replacements ;)
Too many irons in the fire

dgdrls

"To err is human, to forgive divine." A. Pope,

The sun will come up tomorrow and we will all be a little wiser

DGDrls

Magicman

I have had mix ups and miscommunications, but never anything to complain about.  Even with phone orders, I get an email detailing and confirming each order. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

In 29 1/2 years owning WM, there has never been a company with such great customer service.  I once called because an order of blades weren't at the mill by 5 PM the day after I ordered them.  I called WM to see what happened.  They checked and said FEDEX had them to be delivered that day.  Well, they got there about 6.  FEDEX was just running late that day. When you are used to getting shipments by 1 or 2 the day after ordering, the only thing better is getting them before you order them.
I'm like MM, usually get a shipping notice by e-mail.
The latest mill has 13,500 hours on it.  I still expect it to perform just like it came out of the box. 
The number one rule with WM is if you have a problem, get on the horn and they will iron it out without delay.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

learner

Things don't allways go the way we plan them.  Ordered a meter from WM then the next day had a sensor go out and ordered it.  The sensor arrived 3 hours before the meter did.
Fedex has 2 shipping departments.  Overnight Air and overnight ground.  Because of that the two orders were put on two different trucks.  It's no wonder they are having problems.
My point is this.  Allways plan for problems and you'll allways be Happy when things work out better than expected.
Woodmizer has Allways gone the distance to keep us sawing.  2 or 3 days downtime is nothing because there is Allways something else that needs to be done.  There is Allways something you've been meaning to do but haven't got around to it.  Spend that downtime doing it and everything works out.
WoodMizer LT40 Super Hydraulic, MF-300 FEL, Nissan Enduro 60 forklift, 2 Monkey Wards Power Kraft Radial arm saws, Rockwell series 22-200 planer, Prentiss 210 loader

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

TGS

Easy fellas, I didn't ask anybody to pour out their orange kool-aid, I was just making rainy day conversation. If you re-read my original post I think you'll see that I didn't jump on here to bash woodmizer.. I said I was disappointed, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to climb a water tower over it. I told about how friendly the reps were, and I admitted that mistakes are gonna be made. My conversation with the rep this morning got the blades on order and as he told me, it would be marked urgent. The downside was that he admitted that urgent could still be 3-5 days lead time before the blades shipped. When I placed my order I still had blades to work with. I fully expected that they would come in during all of the rain we had at the end of last week and at the very least they would be here by tomorrow morning. When the rain shut me down last week I still had one left so failure to plan was not the issue.

I fully expect the blades to come in and perform as well as I have read on here. Does that make me feel any better about waiting another 4-6 days? No! Will this slip-up cause me to not order anymore WM blades? Of course not. As a matter of fact I have an appointment to go look at a fairly new Lt70 this weekend - if i like it and the seller will deal I'll be pulling it home.

It's all good.

T Welsh

TGS, Good for you on the LT! You have to understand that when a problem with a Woodmizer comes up,we all stand up and pay attention and we do get our orange cool aid mix out for the pour ;D. Let us know how the LT works out! Tim

FeltzE

Orange kool aid? Havn't had that in a while.

Jemclimber

The orange koolaid was very good to me. I broke a part on my WM and they sent it to me free of charge. I'll keep drinking the orange stuff. ;D
lt15

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: dgdrls on December 10, 2012, 05:57:51 PM

"To err is human, to forgive divine." A. Pope,

The sun will come up tomorrow and we will all be a little wiser

DGDrls

Or should that read: The sun will come up tomorrow and we will all be a little older?

GeorgeK

I am new  but woodmizer has been great. Three ordersthey are ship fast in FEDEX. Also they have ansered all my questions about my mill even though bought used.
George Kalbfleisch
Woodmizer LT40, twin blade edger, Bobcat A300, Kubota L48 and yes several logrites!

Chuck White

Like most businesses, many times, when it rains it pours.

Most likely the order was written down and the phone rang and the order got something laid on top of it and became lost!

I have a good feeling that Wood-Mizer will come good on the order!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

kderby

I like the Orange Koolaid  8) idea, might have to get some.

I keep three boxes of blades in circulation (mill, resharp, UPS) and I have a brand new box un-opened.  Without blades my mill doesn't work.  This thread is a good chance to review your blade strategy and if you need to step up the inventory......

I also keep a group of damaged blades for milling trees with suspected nails.  I use the beater blades when I mill blocking/crib material or where the finish cut does not matter (fenceposts).

Work is what I do.  Without blades things would get pretty quiet.

kderby

Thank You Sponsors!