iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

55 rancher $$$$

Started by homeyd, December 06, 2012, 09:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeyd

got a chance to purchase a 55 whats a fair priice ? cranks  and runs good .has new 18 in chain .hows it rank w/ my 350?  thanks

Jeff

I got mine used for $125 about 7 or 8 years ago. Well used but still ran good

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

homeyd

thanks jeff.guess its s 50 cc ?teels heavir than my 350,shold it be stoughter than my 350? think parts are pretty avaible?would it be a bettr saw if  u were guessing.or would u go w/ a newer saw? just for my firewood only.nreally enjoy the 350.great saw for my needs.just want another  back up saw, hes asking 200. thnks for your advice

sawguy21

That is top dollar, it better be in very good shape. The 55 is  good farm ranch saw with decent torque, it will easily pull 3/8" chain. Parts are readily available.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

NCFarmboy

55 is 55cc 46mm piston.  Good saw I have several.  Heavier than 350.  $200 is high IMO needs to be low hr and real nice for that money.  Your 350 could be 44mm or 45mm depending on ym.  I personally would pass at $200.  Would look around for a 346NE 45mm.  Has more power than the 55.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

ladylake

I think most Rancher 55 saws were 53cc open port , not the best power with a high narrow power band.  Otherwise built good except the carb mount screws which strip out easy, a longer screw with a nut on it takes care of that.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

cuterz

For 200 it needs to be really nice. :o

NCFarmboy

Quote from: ladylake on December 07, 2012, 12:19:11 PM
I think most Rancher 55 saws were 53cc open port , not the best power with a high narrow power band.  Otherwise built good except the carb mount screws which strip out easy, a longer screw with a nut on it takes care of that.   Steve
Sorry had a data glitch Steve is correct 53cc not 55.  All Rancher models were open port.  To the best my memory serves 55 Air Inj models after 2000 were open port.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

ladylake

Some around 1999 for about a year or 2 were closed port with around 50cc but had way better power.  They're hard to find.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

homeyd

found a husky 50 rancher w/ a white top .are the pretty good in the fire wood pile? loos good ,runz good  easy to crank whats it worth thanks

Jeff

This is nearly an Identical thread to the one you had going the past week. I guess I'll just merge this with that one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!