iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ceramic Blade Guides

Started by Cedar Savage, December 03, 2012, 08:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedar Savage

Are the Ceramic Blade Guides for the Norwood LM2000 a worth while investment? I was also thinking of getting a set of Cam Dogs for it too....
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

Nomad

Don't know about the ceramic blade guides; I never bothered with them.  The cam dogs are great!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

swampbuggy

I have them on my MX34. Actually dropped a lower one and had to order new. Not cheap. What is happening with your mill that makes you consider a change? They do give stability across the entire blade. The back ones need to be turned occationally to extend their life. Did I say not cheap??   ;D
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

DR_Buck

Wood-Mizer has moved away from ceramic guides.   Not sure why though.  I replaced mine with metal guides a couple years ago.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Chuck White

Quote from: DR_Buck on December 04, 2012, 09:41:06 AM
Wood-Mizer has moved away from ceramic guides.   Not sure why though.  I replaced mine with metal guides a couple years ago.

I think Wood-Mizer now has a material that resembles brake pads, like on your car/truck that replaces the ceramic disc!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!