iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

18.4-34 skidder tires

Started by pigpen, December 03, 2012, 11:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigpen

Still looking for a set of 4, set of 2, or 1 forestry special skidder tire, mine has a hole in side wall with a boot in it and is luckily slowly leaking, but don't want to get half way through winter and it blows out. Takes 2 weeks to get new ones in and don't have the money right now for new... If it is only one tire that I buy I think it is best if it is fairly bald due to the locker in diff. that way the front tires are fairly well matched tread wise. Thanks for any info.   PS. I've searched about every where already shop wise, this is more for if someone happens to have one or more just sitting around. Missed a set of 4 by hours off of cl the other day... been searching for months, they aren't easy to find to say the least!   

barbender

There's an outfit in Moose Lake, MN that is dismantling machines, maybe they would have what you're looking for. I don't know the name of the place, google logging equipment parts moose lake maybe?
Too many irons in the fire

pigpen

Thanks barbender, have been in contact with him, he had a set of 18.4-26 I was going to pursue after the advise from lj48, but he had sold one. I give him my number in case he run across one. Got a lead on some logstomper forestry tires, anyone know about these tires? they are 14 ply for  $1400 ea. new. Thanks again, Stay safe!!!

gjersy

I bought a pair of logstomper tires and a pair of Nokians, the logstompers were cheaper with more plies. Well 6 years later the Nokians are perfect and the logstompers are weather checked worse than my 20 year old firestones! I talked to a prime x guy at the logging congress he said he'd check into it nothing happened, i'd never buy another prime x logstomper again. The Nokians were the next cheapest brand at the time, and they are good tires I bought them in Duluth at Jakes quality tires check it out not far from you. I had a bud looking for used 18.4's he couldn't find any either, good luck.
If life gives you lemons, throw 'em into a quart of vodka.

HiTech

With this economy we are in people keep things till there is no run left in them. The price of new tires is ridiculous, whether forestry tires or truck tires.

Thank You Sponsors!