iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My mill

Started by ND rancher, December 02, 2012, 10:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ND rancher

Hopefully I did this right, more in gallery

TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

Migal

:) Congrat's on the mill  8) Welcome to the forum!
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

learner

Well done with the pics ND.  Wellcome to the Forestry Forum.  Looks like you have everything under controll there and are sawing right along.  I Hope you Love it as much as the rest of us do.
Hi Migal.  Where in East Texas are you Sir?
WoodMizer LT40 Super Hydraulic, MF-300 FEL, Nissan Enduro 60 forklift, 2 Monkey Wards Power Kraft Radial arm saws, Rockwell series 22-200 planer, Prentiss 210 loader

Migal

I'm in Hawkins. Live at the lake a mill on the side. I find it hard to get rid of those pretty board's! guess I just need to make more  8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

123maxbars

Welcome:

What model sawmill are you running?
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

redbeard

Looking real good your paint is in good shape looks like new mill. Flip your loader hoses on the outside of arms if you have forks on loader you can hit them, dont ask how I know this.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

learner

Quote from: redbeard on December 03, 2012, 01:54:25 PM
Looking real good your paint is in good shape looks like new mill. Flip your loader hoses on the outside of arms if you have forks on loader you can hit them, dont ask how I know this.
;D Sometimes we learn the Hard way.  Other times we get on the Forestry Forum and Hopefully a good man like you helps us avoid learning the hard way.
That's a good location Migal!  North of Tyler enough to attract those landowners that don't want to drive any further than they have too.  And far enough from there to build a good bussiness without competition from the mills in Tyler, Jacksonville or Rusk.
We picked up a new supplier today that's been driving to Jacksonville the last 3 years because there was No mill closer.  Now we have All his bussiness.  We also got a New client that prefers bringing it to a mill that saves him that 40 mile round trip.
Just be prepared because you will get VERY busy when people find out about you. 
WoodMizer LT40 Super Hydraulic, MF-300 FEL, Nissan Enduro 60 forklift, 2 Monkey Wards Power Kraft Radial arm saws, Rockwell series 22-200 planer, Prentiss 210 loader

Jeff

Congratulations on the new mill.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ND rancher

Thanks everybody, Hey redbeard I will do that.Just waiting to see witch one's are gona blow. 1 so far another starting to weep.They were on the ground while it set.

thecfarm

You will enjoy sawing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ND rancher

Just a update. I'm starting to get this sawing figured out! Takes practice,and good blades! I've gotten the log stop cut down :embarassed:.Hope there won't be lots of those!Hit my first FO yesterday! >:( I know there will be more of those.Found out my cousin bought a new TK 1600.I checked that out today and gave a few tips to him.I think I like my B-20 better.Just prejudice I guess. Will try to get more photos to gallery in a week or so.  Keith

ladylake

Looks real good for sitting out in the weeds for quite a few years,  are you hooked yet.   Steve

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

larson1951

pretty nice there neighbor

steve
My wife says I never finish anyt

Yesterday my best friend told me to "grow up".....so i immediately banned him from my fort

i feel a whole lot more like i do now than i did a while ago

customsawyer

Congrats on the mill.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

taylorsmissbeehaven

Nice mill! Gotta love those hydraulics.  Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

Magicman

Sounds like you are getting some real experience under your belt.  Congratulations on the sawmill and the journey's beginning.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customdave

Hey nice mill! Play safe & enjoy...

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Chuck White

Congratulations on the mill.

Looks to be in pretty nice shape.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

shelbycharger400

hmm.. and to think that mill, it wasnt very far from here.
Looks in  good shape.  I seen the other day, the mills former owner is hungry for saw logs.   Maybe he had a supply problem and couldnt keep multiple mills.

Tree Feller

Nice looking mill. Congratulations.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

ND rancher

Thanks Guys,Yea Steve I'm hooked. Yes Brian, I do love the hydraulics,glad my son told me after he went to a manual demo that we needed one.Just can't find enough time to play with it. Every day it gets warm the farm chores call first, then I run out of daylite.

Thank You Sponsors!