iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coffee Table base

Started by T Welsh, December 02, 2012, 07:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Welsh

I built a small coffee table base for my sister inlaw. Quarter sawn Red Oak with simple mortise and tenon joinery. Had to finish it with tung oil so I brought it in the house to warm up and the new puppy tested it out and said its fine and good to go Dad!

I showed my sister inlaw and she wanted a picture of Jed in the base so she could hang it in her hair salon.She had a great piece of beveled glass and a cheap Chinese plastic brass looking base that just broke and asked me to build her something that would not break!She now tells everyone that it puppy tested tough. Tim

jdtuttle

Cute Puppy, I like the base too.
Have a great day

Lud

Both looking real good!   Nothing like puppy breath! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

WDH

The through tenons are a nice feature!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Leigh Family Farm

Thats one fancy dog bed! Nice work on the table.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

clww

That puppy may miss his bed, though. Of course, as he gets bigger, you'll need to build him a bigger one. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

Puppy tested? I expected the liquid test.   :o   But the sleeping test is much better.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

123maxbars

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Woodchuck53

Nice job. Good looking inspector also.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

SwampDonkey

Nice project. How will it attach? Apron or table clamps? The pup looks curiously at the camera man. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

T Welsh

The beveled glass simply sits on top of the base,with clear rubber stick on buttons as a cushion so it stays in place.Tim

SwampDonkey

AH. Mom has a couple coffee tables with glass top. One a big old birch burl, and the other some type of wicker style furniture.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!