iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Merry Christmas

Started by LIL, December 01, 2012, 05:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIL

As it is December 1st at our house it was time to pull out the Christmas tree today - much to the delight of Miss Lara (aged 5 & 3/4's).  Since having young children in the house it has become tradition to put the tree up come the 1st :)   Here is this years tree

Another tradition - Ian and Lara putting the star on last of all

and our tree at night

We look forward to seeing more Christmas Tree pics from y'all :)

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Roger2561

With a helper like that, how can the tree not look great?  Children have a way of making the pretty look beautiful.  Merry Christmas!  Roger
Roger

WDH

Those traditions are precious.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

You can tell you all like the woods. That yellow and black National forest sign gave it  away.   :D  I have to get mine out. Yes,it is a fake one,but after walking through a Christmas Tree Farm for 2 hours,trying to find that tree that she liked the best of any an hour ago,after looking at about 20 trees and not finding it. Than to get the perfect tree home only to hear,"If I would of seen that spot I would not of brought it",we went to a fake one. And she likes it up by now too. One year was kinda dry here, and the tree stopped taking water after about a week. That was tree was some dry by Christmas.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

That's a great picture Lil!

I wasn't going to bother with one but a friend of mine said YES you are. So we went out yesterday on her day off and got a fraiser fir from a local tree farm. Even got it up with out too much hassle!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Norm
Good on your friend. A nice looking tree and decorated well.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WildDog

Great Christmas trees guys. :) Tradition must be slipping this year in our house, the trees not going up untill next weekend.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

LIL

Thanks for the picture Norm.  Lara was really excited to see it.  She thinks your tree is beautiful and that you have done a good job.  She can't wait to see more pictures of Christmas trees. 

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

davbell22602

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Very nice trees folks, and Miss Lara looks happy as can be!  We're planning a move within in the next few weeks so probably not a lot of decorations here but we'll at least have a tree if all goes as planned (hopefully). Hope everyone can enjoy a Merry Christmas.

clww

"Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree"....
I think we'll end up installing ours sometime around the 12th or 13th, after a return to VA Beach from the mountains. I like all the trees shown so far. I'm especially glad that Norm put one up, too. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Roxie

My tree isn't up yet, but the Grandchildren were excited to share the picture of their tree with Lara. 

Say when

LIL

Quote from: Roxie on December 02, 2012, 09:02:58 PM
My tree isn't up yet, but the Grandchildren were excited to share the picture of their tree with Lara. 

Lara is standing here mesmerised saying "WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW".  Her favourite part is the angel on the top :)

Thank you for sharing with her and a huge HI from NZ to your grandchildren, she really is enjoying this thread. :)
Hobbies and Interests  

cinnabar

Thought of you all when we set up the displays.
Safe Journeys to all.  Peace.

Jeff

We have a tree that stays up all year long and Tammy decorates it depending on the holiday.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice simple tree.....and beautifully decorated. Thumbs ups to Tammy.

But I gotta ask.......did you make the stand / stool with the checker board on it? Now that's country! Love it.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 03, 2012, 07:51:13 PM

But I gotta ask.......did you make the stand / stool with the checker board on it? Now that's country! Love it.

Sure did, and the checkers were made by forum members. They are in a wooden bowl behind the tree right now. The table was one we used at one of the Sawmill shoot outs. I brought it home and cut the legs off. We also have another one in the same room with forum members signatures on it.  Here is the topic
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,5746.0.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 03, 2012, 07:56:41 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 03, 2012, 07:51:13 PM

Sure did, and the checkers were made by forum members. They are in a wooden bowl behind the tree right now. The table was one we used at one of the Sawmill shoot outs. I brought it home and cut the legs off. We also have another one in the same room with forum members signatures on it.  Here is the topic
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,5746.0.html

Thanks for putting me on the history of the checker board and stools. Pretty Cool!
I still wanna ramble through your barn.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I'm 8 days late with the tree. That's what the wife told me. She really likes Christmas. I have to put the train around the bottom of it. Grandkids are getting older now. They can put the train back on the track when they make it fall off now.  ;D  The 19 year old Granddaughter asked me if I was going to set the train up. You all know what I said to that.

We went with no lights again this year,except for the angle on the top.

isawlogs

Lara , I think your tree is the best lookin' one yet  ;D
  We have not  put the tree up yet but that will come soon. My wifes brother and his family are flying in from Samoa next weekend and this place needs to be decorated, the outside was done today as the weather was mild. When the tree gets put up and decorated I will have a picture on here of it.

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

LIL

Jeff and Tammy your tree got an "ohhhhhh wowwwwwwwwwww"  The cfarm, Lara tells me yours is "more beautiful than ours"  So two seals of approval.  Thanks for sharing your trees - It's so neat for the whole family to enjoy the forum :)

LIL

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
From Lara
Hobbies and Interests  

Brucer

We don't have our indoor tree up yet, so I took this picture of our outdoor tree just for Lara :).

Even though we live in the middle of a forest, there are no smallish trees in front of the house -- I cut them down for fire protection. But there is a small Grand Fir across the parking lot that is finally big enough to support a string of lights. It's nicely visible from the kitchen window and of course any visitors get to see it.

I got the lights up and working the day before the family came over for supper. My almost-4-year old grandson was just as excited about the tree as Lara is about hers.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!