iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First Cold Day

Started by g_man, November 30, 2012, 05:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g_man

The going in the woods is good. Things are freezing up with the cool dry November. I switched over to firewood this week and today was the first cold day. I don't know if it is just me but there seems to be a special feeling on the first cold day. It was hovering just above zero all morning with a fresh covering of powdery snow but no wind and a low sun. It was a little slower getting going but it didn't take long to get comfortable and feel right at home.

Here are a few pictures of my little tractor in the woods this week

thecfarm

No white stuff here,yet. But was 4 above in the night. Hanging around inside for now,15°. It will warm up some more. I don't have to be out there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

That sounds like a very cold morning. BRRRR! Lowest we've had at the cabin so far has been 18 degrees F.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ed_K

Dec 1 came in with 20 degs and white stuff,maybe 1" acumalation expected.
Ed K

DDDfarmer

Just this week we saw down to -28°C  or -18°F and have 5-6" of snow.  The only problem they are calling for rain and warm temps for the start of this week.  I would rather keep the cold and snow than rain right now
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

lumberjack48

If i was logging i would be praying for colder weather, theres only 14 weeks until road restrictions go on, makes a short season.
We've had -7 F one day, snows melting to day, not good if your logging.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Thank You Sponsors!