iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A dam shame when ya hear bad news.

Started by Tree Killer, November 30, 2012, 04:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tree Killer

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/614044/William-A---Bill--Keith.html?nav=5009                                                          Got the news that a old friend died the other day. We hauled logs off of him when he cut/skidded for Bissel&Babcock in Sherman,Ny. he was a great guy, always had a good story 4 ya when got to the landing. RIP Bill

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

timberjack97

sandhills

Tree Killer

Quote from: timberjack97 on November 30, 2012, 07:13:40 PM
thats ashame  how did he die?
He had a heart attack while workin . i was talkin to a couple of friends of his about the old 440a he completly rebuilt. he was proud of that old skidder, it was his back -up. he had a 540D that for a main machine.

CTL logger

RIP Bill they sure don't make them like that anymore. The worst part is his wife passed a few months before him, hospice and the bank took his farm to cover the cost of her care, wonder how people who take peoples homes sleep at night. I always enjoyed seeing Bill and he always followed you out of job to make sure you made it out safe.

lumberjack48

The guy just lost his wife, then they take the only thing you have left, all your memorizes.
Died from a broken heart, sad  :(
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

joedodge

New here but I felt compelled to comment.. Sucks when some one works hard, is a good soul ,loses a loved one and the bank/hospital comes and takes their farm/home. Nothing like kicking someone when they are down..People just don't give a *DanG about others anymore...

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum joedodge

It does seem unfair, but then whose money should be used to care for someone, as in this case?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CTL logger

I was just giving a little back story on Bill  didn't intend to offend anyone just thought it was a sad ending to a good man's life. Don't think Bill expected anyone to pay his debts for him, guess it's good he passed away so they can take whatever else he might have owned.

Mooseherder

Sorry to hear about your friend CTL.
No need for apologies here.  Thanks for sharing his story.
I'm sure he is grateful you thought about him.

Thank You Sponsors!