iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Gang Saw

Started by Kevin_H., March 23, 2004, 03:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

Well right now it's only got 2 blades on it, As my wife told me " I cant point any faster so theres no need for you to put any more blades on it"  ;D

It's really a TimberKing edger model 802, We picked it up on our trip to see Al and Linda. Took us a while to get the motor running and to get the rollers set up like we wanted.

We called TimberKing a couple of weeks ago to see if we could still get saw hubs so that we could add atleast one more blade ( Shh, dont tell the wife). Anyway, the person that answered the phone at TK said we had a model that was out of production and that we needed to talk to one of the OLDER guys to see if there was still parts...Some one else picked up the phone, we told them what we had and found that there is some saw hubs still availible, 8)

Here are a few pics.

We added the wheels, as we need to move the saw back a couple of feet to get the bobcat in to pick up the finished product.

We left the axles a little long, incase we need to put a different kind of wheel on to hold the weight.

If I get a chance we will snap some more pics later.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

sawyerkirk

Looks good, by the way your blades are done, I saw em settin in line waiting to be shipped while I was at resahrp in madisonville today! Those guys have got alot of work to do, blades everywhere! What size arbor does your gang have?

Kevin_H.

Hey thanks for the heads up on the blades, I dont know what size the shaft is. I dont know how other saws work but the hub screws together holding the blade on the shaft with a set screw.

I will put a tape to it tomorrow and get the size...How's your gang working out?
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

sawyerkirk

Haven't used it much since we got it going, been working on a big wedge order. one thing we have a problem with is the 3' stakes wanting to slip down between the blades, I have two options, one is to cut out a piece of metal that rerstricts the blade height, so the lumber can slide across the current  bushings or get some 8 bushings, which I'm sure will be very pricey.

Kevin_H.

We have the same kinda problem when we try to run 18" stuff through, on the 36" stuff we are doing ok.

Next I would like to build a air operated kicker to clear the out feed side on to an accumalation table. I think I'm going to run it off a micro switch so it can be automatic.

sawyerkirk

An air operated kicker would sure be better than my Big Mac powered!! We don't have a problem on the long stuff either, but we run alot of short stuff! Or just letting them pile on the floor!!

ElectricAl

Kevin,

Our morgan has a piece of flat stock 1/2" thick 2" wide right beside the staisionary blade it keeps short stock from being pushed down. I'll try to get a photo for you. If I forget remind me. It will fix your problem.........with the edger that is ;)

Boy that's some edger :o
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

ElectricAl

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Thank You Sponsors!