iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A long winter

Started by Kingcha, November 28, 2012, 10:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingcha

I think reading the forum nearly everyday will make this a long winter for me as I have decided to buy a mill next spring.   I have been getting so much useful information and learning so much here.   I thank you all.
I am planning on buying a WM lt15 unless the budget somehow gets better and allows me to go bigger.   I plan on only cutting for myself - - well at least the first year.   I have 2 acres of some very nice and straight red pines with a few whites mixed in that I start with.   I also have about 10 acres of mixed hardwoods.   

I will keep reading and learning until I start the hands on learning cutting my own wood for projects.  I hope to place my order by early to mid April.    Tick Tick Tick Tick  yep it will be a long winter

matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Magicman

But so far you are spending the time wisely.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kingcha

Thank you MM.     I spent the last few years researching  wood-fired brick pizza/bread ovens.   I finally got motivated and built one this summer.   I had so much fun building it.  I am one of those people that needs a project to make me happy.   I think sawing wood will be a good fit and give me even more projects then just cutting wood.   I will need some sort of mill shed and a solar kiln too.    I think I will be a busy boy  8)
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

John_Haylow

Welcome Matt,
Yes there are good people and good information here. Looking forward to reading about your progress.
Take care,
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

DDobbs

I am kinda in the same boat got to have something to do. But got to many of them got have something to do deals going........................lol

I would like to see some pics the pizza oven
EZ Boardwalk 40
Ez Boradwalk Jr.sold 11/7/2015
Stihl 650 Stihl 290

Kingcha

Well I guess I get to learn how to upload photos here.    I am actually in the process of putting together a how-to booklet........not sure yet what I am going to do, but I hope to some how make some money on that project.   

Here are some photo's

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You could sell those to Southerns Blondes. "TANNING BEDS".  :)

Seriously Kincha......VERY NICE work. Brick oven Pizza...... digin_2
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Kingcha

Thanks David it really was a work of joy.   I actually never planned on putting a finish look on it...more then just a stucco coat.  The face brick was just for fun.   I am into function more then looks.  Ok I just did not want to spend the money.   It still needs a 2nd coat of stucco with color, but I had already stack wood around it.   I sadly cut a wild Cherry tree into firewood for my oven.   I think that is why I am getting a mill, so in the end it all works out for the good.

bandmiller2

Nice oven Matt,are you going to make a door to fit in the front to hold in the heat overnight.?I say that because a friend has an oven very simular to yours and closes it off partially to hold the heat.PS tell mommy a Logrite cant hook would be a nice Christmas present. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Kingcha

Frank I actually did make a door for it.   I made it out of insulated concrete....about 2" thick.   The oven is amazing and holds the temp very well.   With just a short fire it will hold to 150 the next day easy.

thecfarm

MI,man that's a long ways to go for a pizza. Got an all meat one,with extra cheese?? Here's hoping you can change your signature line to owner of a WM.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Geeg

Hi Kingcha, Very nice pizza oven, would like to build one of those one day when I get some time. I noticed that you have a 45hp Kioti tractor, just wondering what year? and how do you like it. I have my eyes on one with a cab, great for the winter when its cold out and good for the summer for the mosquito's and deer fly's

Cheers,
Geeg
Retired Airbus 380 Captain. Timberking 2200,  Kioti RX6010PC,  Nyle Kiln KD250, Polaris WV850

Kingcha

You know I am not sure what year it is, but I bought it new 10-12 years ago I think.   I like it, but It is not something I'd buy for heavy use.  If your buying something your going to work everyday I think I would buy another brand.  I have a friend that bought a slightly bigger one with a cab.   Overall it has been very reliable though I had some issues with the frame.   I actually thing the motor is too big for the tractor.  I have just learned not to push it to hard.
I am sure it is cheaper then a Kubota though.   Our local dealer actually stopped selling them.

clww

Quote from: Kingcha on November 29, 2012, 10:36:11 AM
You know I am not sure what year it is
It's 2012. For another month. :D
Great looking project you created.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Kingcha

DDobbs

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you for the pics
EZ Boardwalk 40
Ez Boradwalk Jr.sold 11/7/2015
Stihl 650 Stihl 290

Geeg

Quote from: Kingcha on November 29, 2012, 10:36:11 AM
You know I am not sure what year it is, but I bought it new 10-12 years ago I think.   I like it, but It is not something I'd buy for heavy use.  If your buying something your going to work everyday I think I would buy another brand.  I have a friend that bought a slightly bigger one with a cab.   Overall it has been very reliable though I had some issues with the frame.   I actually thing the motor is too big for the tractor.  I have just learned not to push it to hard.
I am sure it is cheaper then a Kubota though.   Our local dealer actually stopped selling them.

Thanks Kingcha for the info, wondering if they have changed the tractor design since then. You said your friend bought one with a cab, how does he like it?
Retired Airbus 380 Captain. Timberking 2200,  Kioti RX6010PC,  Nyle Kiln KD250, Polaris WV850

John25mm

I am in the same boat. The wife and I will be picking our LT 35 with the Diesel engine mid January and I can't wait. I already have a herd of projects i want to make lumber for. I also have been getting some great info here and it is one of the reasons we decided on that particular mill. Good luck on your choice and have fun.

Kingcha

I have no idea Geeg if they have changed the design.  I would think whomever sell them near you could help with that.   My friend had a few issues(not sure what) but I believe he got his all fixed.  I know he loves having a cab.   Have not heard anything else bad.

Thank You Sponsors!