iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Powerball

Started by Riggs, November 28, 2012, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riggs

With the powerball lottery up to around $500 million, I was just wondering how many here are playing?
I was the only person out of 30+ at my work that didn't go in on a pile of tickets yesterday, of course if one of them hits, I'll be the only one here tomorrow.  :D  I've got nothing against playing, just never liked throwing my dollars away. It is nice to spend it in my head though.

Any cool lottery stories here?
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Cypressstump

I will go put the 2 bucks on one.

I have two stories,

Once while on temp assignemnt in Az., I bought a ticket at a little store in a small town nearby while on my way to play a round of golf after work. Forgot about the thing, it was in my rental car.A few nights later the local news station said no winner had come forward, also said the same store sold the winning ticket...a few million. I start looking for my ticket to no avail. I went out to my rental  car to retrieve the ticket, doors locked... went looking for the keys to no avail..... keys were locked inside the dang car....great !  While I was trying to break into the car using coathangers, wedges and other unlikey measures, a neighbor came out and inquired... I let her know what was going on.. She said that she had heard thru the grapevine that the ticket was sold to a golfer...?????  8) 8) 8)  also said about the same time of which I was at the store... 8) 8) 8) I am thinking SURELY, all this trouble , I MUST have the winning ticket.. I then about tore the door off the hinges, only to find out I did not have a single number... :(

Once later, I had all 5 numbers on my ticket  1 number higher and the PB number was 1 number lower than the winning number...
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Bogue Chitto

gspren

If I win I'm putting brand new tires on the old Farmall! Maybe even new rims!  :D
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I missed winning once by only 5 numbers. And that's as close as I've came.  ::)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

OlJarhead

;D  I once had 5 of the 6 numbers on BC's Lotto649....

Only, it was one on this ticket, one on that ticket and so on.

I think I might have gotten two bucks out of the deal, or even 5 but it was kinda a fun.

For many many years now, however, I haven't played the lotto except once in a blue moon when it gets really high and then it's more for the entertainment value. 

Fun to dream but it seems reality is that I'm destined to work.
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

DR Buck

I'm in.  When I win I'm going to change my name and move.  Might have to change my forum name as well.  ;)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

sandhills

Thought I might buy one, if I win maybe I could farm just one more year......

Al_Smith

I'm in twice .One for me one for Mrs. Smith. Odds aren't favorable but you never know .

I can't think of much off hand I really want at the moment except a brand new super duper LT 70 Wood mizer with all the bells and whistles and a new Bobcat skidloader with heat and air conditioning .After that I'll think of something after I get back from spending the winter in the Caribean .

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well I broke down and bought a ticket for tonight. When I win, I will not forget about ya'll.

Red Oaks gets a BIG bag of grits
Jim gets a grease gun
Magic gets a new weed whacker
I will pay for the Wildlife Department to let out a trailer load of Big Bucks on Jeff's land
Okra will get a small truck load of Moxie
Danny gets a tractor trailer load of kiln dried Walnut and Cherry
Bibbyman gets a life time of Net Flicks
Raider Bill.....ANOTHER motorcycle
Lee gets a Nobel Prize for circular mill construction
Georgia Mountainman gets a BRAND NEW ORANGELT 40 Super HD
Joe and Tyler at WoodMizer Carolina gets an around the world cruise
Ms. Wendy, gets a new BMW
Everyone else I know......I will pay off their bills.  ::)

And me.....a stack of Kohler engines and a Dictionary.

This is a paid advertisement from POWERBALL inc. Any names used are for ad purposes only and not meant to be factual.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chris Burchfield

I'm in for 10 plus the power ball on each.  Bought a party bottle of Kentucky Tavern and waiting on 10 O'Clock to see which one is going to match!  I will remember all my brethren here on the Forestry Forum.  My lowest power ball number is three.  A billion and a half, I can work with.  I will remember the two women working in the station, in front of Walmart that sold me the tickets.  The crew working where I picked up my party bottle, and then, my wife who has tolerated me for all these years.  Anyone know of a nice island for sale?   Catch ya'll in the morning.   8) 8) party 8) 8) party 8) 8) party!
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Planman1954

My street of gold is coming! For now, I am SATISFIED with what I'm blessed with: A great wife, wonderful kids & grandkids, great family, a good job, and fun sawing all my projects! I'm happy, happy, happy!!!
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

SPIKER

I tossed in my 2 bucks at work, so maybe I'll hit & share some, I think about 10 or 15 are in it...

mm
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

WH_Conley

The wife forgot to get my one ticket. Guess I will have to go to work in the morning. :'(
Bill

red oaks lumber

david
i really hope you don't win :D

if i win i'm sending majicman on an all expense trip fishing red horse suckers :) other eats that are supplied,grits and humble pie digin_2
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

easymoney

i will not win the lottery as i have never bought a lottery ticket. i do not like the odds.
also i have heard how winning big has ruined a lot of people.
a lot of them were worse off after a year or so after winning big.
i would not know how to handle several million dollars. that would take all the fun out of life not having to work for anything just being able to just write a check for anything you desire.

JohnM

Quote from: easymoney on November 28, 2012, 08:49:31 PM
i will not win the lottery as i have never bought a lottery ticket. i do not like the odds.
also i have heard how winning big has ruined a lot of people.
a lot of them were worse off after a year or so after winning big.
i would not know how to handle several million dollars. that would take all the fun out of life not having to work for anything just being able to just write a check for anything you desire.

^written by someone that goes by 'easymoney' :D  Poston, look up 'irony' in your new dictionary tomorrow. ;)

btw meant to pick up a ticket but forgot...I want to hold out for a cool BILLION anyway. 8)

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

terry f

Wife bought one, I'm in.

thecfarm

I'm in. But I might just as well take the $2 and throw it out the window driving down the road. Someone would get more of a thrill finding $2. They ask if I want the option. No,I just want to lose $2.   ;D  But I do know,IF I did win I would take it as a lump sum. No way would I trust the state to give me $300,000 for 30 years. With my luck the state would take some of my money to balance the budget and never repay me.
No more farming for me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

In thirty years I'll likely be strapped in a wheelchair slobbering on my bib why bother? :D Seriously, 500 mil is too much for me to comprehend even after the gubermint took their chunk. Our big one is Lotto Max with a grand prize of 50 mil tax free. The gubermint would love to change that but so far no one has had the cojones to try it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Cedarman

If one billion was spent on this lottery, the gov (winner) gets 806 million.  The loser gets 196 million.
I would buy timberland and hire consultants to manage it.  That would use up the money quick.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Chris Burchfield

Well, here it is morning and I did not have the winning lotto ticket.  But, I still remember my brethren here on the Forum this morning.  Told ya'll.  I'm still blessed even without all those monies.  Made some kicker meatball subs last night (first time) on garlic buttered and toasted hoggie rolls, fresh marinara and lots of mozzarella cheese.  It was still a good party.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

clww

My wife and several of her coworkers won a total of $8. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Riggs

No winners at my work....
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Cedarman

Anyone heard from Bibbyman?  Mo had a winner.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!