Started by captain_crunch, November 26, 2012, 11:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain_crunch

Day in life of milling
Fir tree in center is what I am after

the hole it has to go thru

372 Husky and face cut

The out come

M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Meadows Miller

Gday Brian

lookin good at 16-18inches on the butt from the looks of it and its down hill to its final destination too  ;) ;D whats the final use for the timber Mate  ???

Reagrds Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

captain_crunch

Chris
gonna be a bunch of 1x6 me hopes wish you were help me  ;D ;D Forever sory missed you Mate when you passed thru
Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Meadows Miller

Gday

Brian don't stress about us missing catching up last year  ;) I have the feeling we will get to meet next year as ill be over again and it looks like ill have a project sourcing salvage and recycled timbers form the United States next year but as things are atm Ill be hapy to take 2/3 months of ever year or two and have a good holiday n catching up with memebers in person Mate  ;) ;D

Regards Chris

captain_crunch

Brucer

Nice tree. Nice falling job.

Hmm ... 16-18" butt.

12" top at 52' = 1.9 cubic metres.
1 - 8x8 x 12'
1 - 8x10 x 12'
1 - 8x12 x 16'
2 - 6x8 x 10' FOHC
... for a total of $550. Plus
220 BF of 1" lumber for $150.

$700 dollars gross income at my place  ;D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Meadows Miller on November 28, 2012, 07:37:47 PM
Gday

Brian don't stress about us missing catching up last year  ;) I have the feeling we will get to meet next year as ill be over again and it looks like ill have a project sourcing salvage and recycled timbers form the United States next year but as things are atm Ill be hapy to take 2/3 months of ever year or two and have a good holiday n catching up with memebers in person Mate  ;) ;D

Regards Chris

Yeah, I don't think you've had any Moxie yet, have you? You have to come back!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Jim I got plenty of Moxie Mate ( http://www.answers.com/topic/moxie )  ;) It ticks me off alittle that things went the way they did and i missed meeting you Jim (i drove rite past your place  :( ) and alot of you to be with her but like i said to her you cant have someone drag their butt half way round the world to be with you then turn round n treat them like crap and try playing head games with em  ;)

Ill be back there is still alot of people to meet and things to see i have seen 38 states but want to do it at a more relaxed pace this time  ;) ;D ;D 8)

My thinking on any business i do in the States or Canada  Ill just line it up from this end as i access to more demand than i can supply and handball it onto afew of you good people  ;) ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris 

Okrafarmer

Sounds like a fun plan, Chris!  oz_smiley Sign me up for the sweetgum part of it!  :D :D :D :D
smiley_roller smiley_flipping I'm digging a hole
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Okrafarmer

Well, you've got me beat, Chris, I've only been to 2/3 the Australian states, and you've been to 3/4 the United states. I have been through the ACT too if that counts.  :D I have been to 6 Canadian provinces, but I think you've actually been to more United states than I have! I think I've only been to 26 US states, unless you count touching down in airports, in which case I could add about 3 more.  :-\

captain_crunch

Chris
If I ever got to your part of planet might not want to come back to this mess :P :P my family got to Oregon in 1850 so me be spoiled I only have 120 acres left(thru division) of the 300 acres  I grew up on but even with what is left me feel crouded too much pioneer still in blood just wish I wern't so old ::) ::) ::)

Meadows Miller

Gday

Im not too sure bout that Sweetgum sounds about opposite of its name Mate :-\ ??? we have Bastard Box here and it saws like its name states its a bastard to saw and hard on saws  ;) :D :D :D spose we could cant it out and send it to the china Mate   ;) :D ;D ;D ;) ;)

yeah seen alot of states at 80mph or in the middle of the night been through the Rockys,  Bad Lands drove around Yellowstone the UP,MI and down the east coast up the center and back once clear across Texas  and all that too you do live in a Beautiful Country  :) :) :)

Jim your rite mate the ACT  dont count for much  ;) :D :D and Brian it aint that much different here in the second most American country in the world Mate  :) :) :) the ACT  just full of alot of tools who think they are more important to the people and the country than they realy are and cost us alot more then they are worth  :) ;D >:( Like i said to my mates out the front of the poling booth last time we had the election They all would be screwed if i ran and got into power  dadgum you, Charlie! smiley_devil as they all would have pollys wages cut by 60 odd % to $40 grand a year and it would be preformance based and if you where not doing anything cosidered productive work you would get the butt  ;) :D :D smae goes for quotes on govt jobs im sick to death of hearing stupid prices being paid for govt works anfd then also blowing out by upto 10 fold it would be run like a business not like they have the keys to the bloody bank  ;)

Brian  120 acres is still a bloody nice patch of dirt and to have it in the family that long is priceless imho Mate  ;) My familys been here since 1901 my great grandfather came to log and build a railroad and bridges for a timber company in the area and we have been in it for 4 generations where i have my new mll site 30mi away is actually just 10 miles from the end of the old logging railroad  ;) ;D 8)  its crowded here in some respects but as long as you stay out of the citys its not to bad the bad thing is when they come up here and proceed to tell us what to do and how to live our lives here in the country as if they have any bloody rite to tell us how to live rite  :o :) :)

You will have to come for a visit when im rolling theres alot more on the go here than im talking about yet untill they are in the bag  but im on target to put out around 2million+ bft this year out of my mill alone but thats a comfortable number and i might just stick to it ;)

Have a good one fellas  ;D

Regards Chris

Okrafarmer

Chris, I agree with you, but have you ever heard of Restricted Topics?  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!