iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another day in the South

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 26, 2012, 12:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slabs

[/quote]

Somehow I knew Raider Bill would have something worth saying to that.    ;D       However, I do know a biker can me happy without the bugs.   That's what windshields are for.  ;D
[/quote]

THe guys with the windshields are "Cyclists".  Real BIKERS get out there and mix it up with the bugs.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

WDH

Bill,

That is a little better picture of you than your Avatar  :).  You must have had a bad night and a long day when your Avatar one was took  :-\.  (Hey, I am not saying that you are not a handsome guy  :D).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Quote from: muddstopper on November 30, 2012, 11:27:44 AM
Most of the native Floridians I have met seem to be close to regular southern folks. t of the Yankees i have met, well, their just Yankees. Its the Halfbacks I cant seem to get along with. Those are the yankees that moved to Floridia, found out they didnt fit in and decided to move halfway back. Seems they couldnt get along up north, couldnt get along in Floridia, so they stopped halfway back so they could make everyone else as miserable as they are.

I might even take you off my christmas card list if I ever decide to have one.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

barbender

I have been picked out for being from MN many times by my accent. My mom was born and raised in Wyoming, she's lived in MN for 35 years and still has I tbink 100% of her WY accent. I went to central Georgia once, around Macon, to visit some friends that moved there from up here. High on my list of sightseeing was the true southern redneck (we have rednecks in MN too) Well at a local country gas station, there was a group of 'em standing around the back of a pickup swilling brews from the ice coolers inside the station (we don't have those up here, except for pop, or soda, or coke, ah whatever you call it in your locale  ;D) well these boys were drinkin' their beer under a billboard that said "STDs-get tested, get treated"
  ;D I wanted to snap a picture but I wasn't brave enough ;D
Too many irons in the fire

Okrafarmer

In Greenville, SC, and its "suburbs" (if you can call them that), many of the people who live here now have moved here in the last 30 years, from all over the world. Many have moved down from up north, including me. Seems like only about half the people right in around Greenville have lived in the area all their life. (my fraction may be off, but it's my perception). About  13-14 years ago, when I was living and working down here, I got ready for a trip up to see my folks in Maine. My little car's gas gauge was either not working, or inaccurate, so I filled a little 2 gallon jug to put in my trunk in case I ran out.

I was filling said jug near Greenville, when I looked over and locked eyes with something that could only be described as a genuine southern redneck, complete with perforated rusty dusty classic car, which he was filling with gas. He looked at me, cocked an eyebrow, and said, "Haaaaay, buuhhddy, whaaaaachaaaagooowwnaadooo wiv' dat gassoleeen?"

I was a little taken aback, but not to be seen as nervous, I said, rather quickly, "This is my reserve, in case I run out of gas, I won't be stranded."

He looked at me, a slow grin of understanding dawning on his face. "Guhuh!" he laughed. "You must be a Yankee!"

Not sure how he ever figured that out.  ::)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

stamper

I can reconize what county [in the state I live in] people are from, from what they say or how they say it.
If you don't run, you rust.
-Tom Petty

Magicman

I speak and say Good Morning, Good Afternoon, etc.  Be nice and courteous to folks and they will return the good will.  And even when those few don't, I make them wonder why I am so happy.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Okrafarmer

Quote from: stamper on December 01, 2012, 07:51:01 PM
I can reconize what county [in the state I live in] people are from, from what they say or how they say it.

I almost got that way with people in Maine, but I didn't stay theya long enough to perfect the system. Maine has 16 counties, some of them have some serious differences from each other, in culture, outlook, and accent.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Woodchuck53

Met a engineer from the office out here one day and walked her thru a process we were fine tuning. When she sat down at lunch and was settled i asked her where she was from. Being an engineer she said guess. I told her Ludiwicie (?)
Ga. She couldn't believe I would guess that right. After 30+ years I could still here the southern Ga. melody in her speech. Quit a nice dark lady.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

thurlow

Haven't thought of Ludowici in a looooooooooooong time;  spent some time at Fort Stewart in the late '60s/early '70s and Ludowice was..........at times..............off limits to soldiers.  Can't imagine why   8) :D
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

muddstopper

Quote from: Raider Bill on December 01, 2012, 08:23:16 AM
Quote from: muddstopper on November 30, 2012, 11:27:44 AM
Most of the native Floridians I have met seem to be close to regular southern folks. t of the Yankees i have met, well, their just Yankees. Its the Halfbacks I cant seem to get along with. Those are the yankees that moved to Floridia, found out they didnt fit in and decided to move halfway back. Seems they couldnt get along up north, couldnt get along in Floridia, so they stopped halfway back so they could make everyone else as miserable as they are.

I might even take you off my christmas card list if I ever decide to have one.

Heres wishing you a Merry Christmas, even if I dont get a card.

Woodchuck53

Evening Thurlow. That was were I was stationed also. 92 Engineer's Black Diamond. May 74 thru to Nov. 76. Battalion welder in the motor pool. Small world after all. Helped an old bee keeper in Ludowici build boxes and mill cypress. What a slower pace things seemed to be back then.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!