iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A great day.

Started by customsawyer, November 24, 2012, 07:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

As many of you know on here I bought WDH's LT15 some months back. Well it wasn't for me but for a young friend that lives out in Colorado. The main thing he wants it for is building rustic furniture.

Here he is with the mill loaded up and ready to go. We had to saw one log just to give him a taste.

He brought two beds and two benches with him so this was the need for the trailer.

This is one of the beds sit up on the deck that he wants me to sell.

This is the other bed that he built for me. If you look close you can see my wife on top of the head board. :D I will not mention how hard it was on this older feller to tote my end of the head board into the house.

Thanks to WDH for helping me make the young mans dreams come true. 

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Holmes

Congratulations on another good deed done. The furniture is beautiful, but is that bed big enough? ;D It looks huge...
Think like a farmer.

isawlogs

Jake, you really should let her know that the mattress would be much more comfortable, just saying...  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Nomad

Quote from: isawlogs on November 24, 2012, 07:56:31 PM
Jake, you really should let her know that the mattress would be much more comfortable, just saying...  :D

I bet she'll figure it out.  Jake, you'd better let her know that if she figures on having you move it very often she's gonna have to cook up for another clan gathering every time!

Congrats on the good deed, and on the great looking furniture too!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Paul_H

I see a lot of talent,great furniture  8)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Okrafarmer

Quote from: customsawyer on November 24, 2012, 07:17:30 PM
This is the other bed that he built for me. If you look close you can see my wife on top of the head board. :D I will not mention how hard it was on this older feller to tote my end of the head board into the house.

Now now, Jake. Don't complain. I mean, think how hard it must have been on her to carry HER end of it.  ::)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

customsawyer

Quote from: isawlogs on November 24, 2012, 07:56:31 PM

She has always wanted a bed like this so she was floating on cloud nine and that was where she landed. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

samandothers

Gorgeous beds and benches!  He is talented.   Does he join the logs with mortise and tenon  or screws or both?  I know he is excited to get the mill and get home to play.

WDH

You know, he may have a problem.  I could never cut round lumber with that mill  :D. 

That is some awesome furniture!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Okrafarmer

Quote from: WDH on November 25, 2012, 10:26:49 PM
You know, he may have a problem.  I could never cut round lumber with that mill  :D. 

Need lathe-mizer. I think it will fit on the LT-15, won't it?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

scsmith42

WOW - that's an impressive bed, to say the least!

(and it looks like there is an alien off to the right side of one of those pix Jake....)
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

drobertson

Nice Custom!  lots of work for sure. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jeff

Is that bed bigger than a king size?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

You folks sure build rugged furniture. ;D Looks nice though. But, you need a king sized mansion now.  :)

Is that a treadle Singer sewing machine to the right. Got two here. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

customsawyer

Jeff it is a king size bed. It just looks bigger than it is.

Swampdonkey that is a treadle Singer. We got it from her grandmother over on the Miramichi. Good eye.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

What a nice looking mill ;D.   Alien notwithstanding  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

I saw on one of the antique shows just a while back. They said that one of them Singers, back when they were first sold in the mid 1800's, was $125 brand new. That was a lot of money back then. ;) Mine here are ones my great grandmothers had.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fishpharmer

Customsawyer, for a second there, I thought you had your own Tinkerbell, like Peter Pan. Cept better, she's real.  8)

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

Quote from: customsawyer on November 26, 2012, 08:23:52 PM
Jeff it is a king size bed. It just looks bigger than it is.

Swampdonkey that is a treadle Singer. We got it from her grandmother over on the Miramichi. Good eye.

We have a giant log bed and a treadle sewing Machine in our Bedroom as well. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

Good to see a mill headed off to a happy new owner!

I slept in a king size bed once. Rolled over a few too many times and needed a passport to get back to the other side.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

You must have been in Texas  :D.

Okrafarmer

I've never slept in a king-sized bed, except maybe once at a hotel. Somebody tell me, are they the same length as doubles and queens? I need extra length in a mattress, not width (well some of you may think I need more width, but thankfully Mrs. Okra is shaped more like a string bean than I am  ;D and we do ok with a double, sorry if that's TMI). My point is, I need more length on my mattress. WHY? I'm only 5'10, so what's the big deal? The big deal is, I prefer to sleep, at least sometimes, with my arms stretched out over my head, and "bonk" they hit the wall, while my feet are all the way down at the end of the bed.  I sure would like to have a mattress that was an extra foot or two longer. I'm sure a few 7' tall guys would like one, too.

thecfarm

Nice looking bed. And sewing machine. My wife has 2 treadle singers and a white. The machine was cheap $10,the cabinet was $150. The white she called the company and they sent her a manual and parts break book for free.
I use to have a king in my other house. I have no idea about size. Google it.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Much longer Okra.

Mattress Sizes: Twin--39 x 75 inches, X-Long Twin--39 x 80 inches, Full--54 x 75 inches, Queen--60 x 80 inches, King--76 x 80 inches
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

That's the width. A queen and king are same length. So I guess 5 inches difference from Double.

slider

What I want to know is what"s in those blue can's on the trailer some sort of new energy drink ?
al glenn

customsawyer

Slider there is nothing in those blue cans, if there was I wouldn't have sit it down. ;D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

SwampDonkey

thecfarm

I said I had a king size,but it was a California King,72X84. Four inches narrower but 4 inches longer,just where Okrafarmer needs it.

http://www.dormia.com/sleepcenter/dimensions.asp

Like the remark about the blue cans   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

Quote from: Magicman on November 27, 2012, 08:41:52 AM
Much longer Okra.

Mattress Sizes: Twin--39 x 75 inches, X-Long Twin--39 x 80 inches, Full--54 x 75 inches, Queen--60 x 80 inches, King--76 x 80 inches

Just measured mine 78X84 must be a Florida King.  ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Okrafarmer

84 inches sounds better.  Maybe some day, when I can afford to buy a new bed-- and a bigger bedroom to put it in!

Magicman

That made me wonder about the Google search, so I got my tape out.  I normally would not allow a ruler in my bedroom, because it would lie.  Well anyway it actually measured 76"X80", so I guess ours is a Mississippi King..
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Magicman on November 28, 2012, 09:25:43 AM
That made me wonder about the Google search, so I got my tape out.  I normally would not allow a ruler in my bedroom, because it would lie. Well anyway it actually measured 76"X80", so I guess ours is a Mississippi King..

??? What would the ruler lie about? Or were you afraid it would lie on your bed? Isn't a king a ruler?

Well, one day, maybe I'll have a king-size bed or at least a queen. Maybe I'll have a custom-made Texas-King-Size.  :)

WDH

I normally would not allow a ruler in my bedroom, because it would lie. 

I definitely understand  :D :D :D.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on November 28, 2012, 09:36:00 PM
I normally would not allow a ruler in my bedroom, because it would lie. 

I definitely understand  :D :D :D.

Change the numbers on it.....they want know the difference. :D I prefer the International rule myself. I get more wood footage. :D :D :D :D

Magic.....have you been using the Doyle all these years?  say_what  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Okrafarmer

Well, I'm still not sure what I'm in the dark about, although I have a feeling Poston is on the wrong track. . . .

If we're talking about girth of our torsos, I'm afraid even the Doyle isn't going to make me look any better.  :-[

Why do I feel like I'm wandering around in the dark bumping into TMI?
candle_smiley

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Okrafarmer on November 28, 2012, 10:07:10 PM
Well, I'm still not sure what I'm in the dark about, although I have a feeling Poston is on the wrong track. . . .

If we're talking about girth of our torsos, I'm afraid even the Doyle isn't going to make me look any better.  :-[

Why do I feel like I'm wandering around in the dark bumping into TMI?
candle_smiley

Magic started it!  :D

thecfarm

Okra,you know sometimes the more a person talks the deeper they dig themselves in,
Well stop posting.  ;D  ;D   ;D

Okrafarmer

Quote from: thecfarm on November 28, 2012, 10:09:44 PM
Okra,you know sometimes the more a person talks the deeper they dig themselves in,
Well stop posting.  ;D  ;D   ;D

Ok, ok, ok! I get the hint!
:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

WDH

TIME OUT!

Everybody behave.  (Magic did start it, but then I went and threw gas on the fire, and David called in the Fire Department.  There is not much that gets by that boy. :)).

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Yawwwn......Sooooo.......what species of tree is growing through your shop roof Danny?

WDH

Magicman

Quote from: WDH on November 28, 2012, 10:17:19 PMMagic did start it, 

Say what ??  All I did was take an accurate ruler and measure the bed and it was 76X80.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on November 28, 2012, 10:51:42 PM
Quote from: WDH on November 28, 2012, 10:17:19 PMMagic did start it, 

Say what ??  All I did was take an accurate ruler and measure the bed and it was 76X80.

QUIT BRAGGING!  :D

Okrafarmer

Customsawyer, I'm sorry we got so side-tracked on your thread.  :'(

SwampDonkey

As I told ya's you have to learn the metric side of the tape. The one with the numbers printed closer. :D

JohnM

I'm not sure I've ever seen a thread get so side tracked when it didn't involve food.  :D  Too funny!

Sausage anyone?

JM

(admin, just go ahead and delete my comment...I understand. ;) :D)

PS that is a some impressive furniture!
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Nomad

Quote from: Okrafarmer on November 28, 2012, 10:58:40 PM
Customsawyer, I'm sorry we got so side-tracked on your thread.  :'(

;D ;D ;D No you're not ;D ;D ;D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!