iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

purchased a mill

Started by ND rancher, November 24, 2012, 02:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ND rancher

I got home late last night with my sawmill. 820 mile round trip! Had to get going early this AM to feed all my animals since they were letting me know supper was late. Now to start working on getting it going.I got a timberking b-20 that needs some TLC. Will post pictures later. Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

VictorH

Congratulations on the new to you mill.  Where did you have to go to pick it up.

ladylake

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Magicman

Congrats on the "new to you" sawmill !!!   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tree Feller

Congratulations on the mill. Looking forward to the pics.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

shelbycharger400

I was wondering if you ever did get it.
Was it the guy I was thinking it was with the 1800-1900's shingle mill?
Chris?

Meadows Miller

Gday

A Big congrats on the new mill the B-20s are a good little mill im running one for a fella atm  ;) ;D 8) what year is it  ??? and we want pics  ;) ;) :D ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Sixacresand

Congratulations on getting a Mill.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

valley

I run a b-20 as well has been a good mill seems to be very solid built, I've had mine a year this month it's an 09 had 40 hrs when I got it now approaching 600 in other words I've had 500 and some hours of pure FUN  ;) ;) ;)
Have a great day unless you have other plans !!!

thecfarm

A sawmill is great to have on a Farm. Or anywheres else too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ruffneck

That sounds like a road trip! Glad you got it back safe. Can't wait to see some lumber from it... Congrats!
What do you plan on sawing?

Tom the Sawyer

ND Rancher,

Congratulations on getting your mill.  There are a bunch of us B-20 owners on the Forum, ask questions as they come up and keep Timberking's phone number programmed in your phone until you get comfortable with your mill.  :) :)
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

ND rancher

Thanks everyone,I worked on it over weekend and got almost everything working.I've got to call TK. and ask about the log set box( ? ). This mill has not been used for years, so lots of little things to get working.If any b-20 owners have tips I need to check out before I put a log on and start getting rust off the band wheels. Once I saw some junk wood up to polish things I figure I will square things up and be ready to make lumber. Now to answer your questions , SC400  yes.      LL  yes ?     Ruffneck , oak,ash, cottenwood, box-elder, and any thing else I find. Keith

ND rancher

I forgot the other question. Until I call TK I will call it a 97-99.

Leigh Family Farm

There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

redbeard

Welcome and congrats on your mill, I sure enjoy my 06 B20 lots of info here and dont be afraid to put it to the test its a tough mill once  you get everything dialed in level and plumb it will gain your confidence. Good luck and Mike at TK tech support is your guru.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

drobertson

sounds like a kid before Christmas to me, happy for you 8) be patient, it will work,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ND rancher

I've talked TimberKing and found that this mill was built in Nov. of 1999.Just about ready to run something through it to shake all rust off, then check the settings.Then we can sent our part order to TK. Should I order the complete lube setup or does anybody have other suggestions?Only piece left is the elbow and pipe.

redbeard

Most of what you need is available at hardware store. Your cold weather will be a factor on heavy duty plastic jug. I haul mine in shop when below freezing.

the adjustable nozzle is handy I been looking for new one, mine is all taped up from blade breakage wounds over the years.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

rogdan

Redbeard,
I couldn't tell if you were talking about the lube or fuel jug but I just recieved a replacement nozzle for my 1220 lube jug which looks to be the same as on other TK mills.
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=39487&catid=816

And the whole jug or "carboy"
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=22677&catid=816&clickid=emailrecommended

shelbycharger400

Now this is why I like comming here.
People finding usefull products all of us can use.
I was planning on putting on a water lube setup on my slabber to help cool it.
Couldnt find a slow flow on off nozzle before.

Thank You Sponsors!