iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Since we are on the subject of carburetors

Started by Oregon_Rob, March 22, 2004, 02:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oregon_Rob

::)
Tom, thanks for getting us all warmed up. I believe my 372 is in need of a carburetor rebuild. I have played around in the past with rebuilds and not had much luck. Does anyone have a really good how to for rebuilding a carb? It is  walro of some kind or other and I would like to give her another try, if I can find a good step by step.

Oh yeah, The symptom is that to get the saw to fire, it is taking me quite a few pull, especially after it has sat for any length of time. Once it fire up, runs and idles like a top, if I shut down and start up within 5 minuets or so, no problem, but if I have let is sit a few days, it may take 12-15 pulls.

Thanks,

Rob
Chainsaw Nerd

Kevin

Sounds like a carb problem Rob.
Is the choke operating properly?
Is the plug wet with gas after a few pulls?

Oregon_Rob

The choke appears to be working just fine, don't know about the plug, i will check it next time.

Rob
Chainsaw Nerd

oldsaw-addict

For rebuilding the carb, just get the make and model of carb go to the shop ask for a gasket kit for the model you have, then take the old gaskets out and put the new ones in in the order the old ones came out in. its simple, I did it perfectly the first time I tried it without any IDEA how to do it. Anyone with the tools can rebuild a carb, including you.all you should need is a flat and phillips head screwdriver, an allen wrench or two depending on what type of fastener is used to hold the carb on place, and some patience.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Thank You Sponsors!