iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Storage Shed Build progress pics.

Started by MReinemann, November 20, 2012, 08:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MReinemann

Figured I'd post some pics of my current project in progress.   Building a 12x24' shed to store all my tools, atv, tractor, etc... in.  May use it as a small workshop too.
-Matt

haywire woodlot

Dave

tomkat001

So it's all green sawed wood,right? What kind of wood? What are the dimensions?
Sorry about all the questions, but I'm thinking about doing the same type of shed.
Very cool!!!
Boardwalk Jr. , JD 5075E with 553 loader, Stihl 290 Farm Boss,

MReinemann

All green pine, poplar and some ash here and there.  12'x24'. 

Lud

Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

thecfarm

Looks good. I'm still trying to get the roof boards on my wife's veggie Shack.  ::) Too many other projects this summer. That is 12 X24 too with a 6 foot porch. made mine out of hemlock. Just about killed one of my friends picking up the 2X8 rafters.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Slab Slicer

I'm planning the same type of project for the spring. 12 x 16 looks like the size for now. We already have a 16 x 24, but that will become my wood working shop, and the newest one will be for storage of alot of the stuff that gets in the way of my woodworking.

Nice work by the way. What type of siding will you be doing? I'm planning on board and batton for mine. Keep the pics coming. It'll be nice to see the finished product.  smiley_thumbsup
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Planman1954

Thanks so much for documenting your fine work with photos for us to see. That is one of the top reasons I like the forum...seeing projects being built! Good job!
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

lumberjack48

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

samandothers

Leigh Family Farm

Nicely done! You said you used green lumber, will that effect the structure after it dries? Eventually want to build something like that.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

MReinemann

Siding will be board and batten.  I'll keep the pics coming.  As far as framing with green wood from what I've researched on here I believe it will be fine.  After all it's only a shed, at least that's what I keep telling myself.     

eddiebo

If you are ashamed of HIM, then surely He will be ashamed of you in His Kingdom.

Jasperfield

You're doing a good job on that.

Have you had any help or have you built it by yourself?

If you're like me, the worst thing about building sheds is that they take up more of my limited amount of level ground.

MReinemann

Quote from: Jasperfield on November 24, 2012, 06:37:06 PM
You're doing a good job on that.

Have you had any help or have you built it by yourself?

If you're like me, the worst thing about building sheds is that they take up more of my limited amount of level ground.

I had my father in law help me set the ridge beam and through up some of the walls and help me with1/2 the roof.  Got the wifey spreading some of "uncle Matt's" secret wood preservative on the floor and beams under them.  Other wise its been a one man show from dropping the tree to what you see in the pics.  Very grateful for the help when it is here.  The shed does take up more of my level ground.  The house is on a hill and I have about 50' of level ground to work worth minus the flat spot by the stream I have but the stream turned into a river last year with all the rain so I'd rather not build down there.
-Matt

MReinemann

Progress continues slowly but surely.  Door is temporary till I build the wood door and do the siding.

Woodchuck53

Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

clww

Man, that building sure looks solid! Great pictures and narrative. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

MReinemann

Got most of my stuff moved in.  Still have to do the siding and door.  Gonna have to build a barn now.

beenthere

Nice and cozy.
Suspect it doesn't take much wood in the stove to keep it good and warm in there.

Are you in for some snow soon?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

MReinemann

The stove heats it up no problem even with no siding or insulation and a tarp on the door.  Might be in for a little snow before Christmas time will tell      :christmas:.

swampbuggy

I like the keep out sign. Is that so the tractor knows not to go out in the snow?  ;D ;D :-X
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

MReinemann

Doors are done.  Hopefully can get to some of the siding this week in my free time.

beenthere

That buttons it up pretty good. No more flapping plastic.

A good warm fire will melt that snow off too.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

roghair

Very nice shed and good project. I am planning to build one for my tractor too and was wondering how thick the floor boards are to hold the tractor.
This will be the first project with the lumber I will saw with the DIY banmill that is near completion now.
built a sawmill

MReinemann

Floor is 2" thick by 12" wide.  On 4x8x12 ash beams 4' on center.  Holds the "tonka toy" just fine.  Figure the tractor is around 3500lbs with the weight box I built for the back.  Kubota L2800 HST.
-Matt

WDH

I see it is for sale.  How much ?  :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

That is nice. I just hate to see a tractor outside when not in use. I park the car outside and the tractor gets the garage. Good job.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on January 14, 2013, 09:23:21 PM
I see it is for sale.  How much ?  :D

Better check the shipping first.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

JuniperBoss

Storage shed?!? Aren't you going to live in it? I looked at that and I thought the only thing worthy of being in that building is a family. How much does your "storage" pay in rent?
     Haha just joking around. But seriously, that's a beautiful build and you and your stuff will be nice and toasty with that wood stove! You inspire me  :'(.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

Qweaver

It looks like you are going to end up with 3 layers of wood on your shed.  I did that with my cabin.  You sure have to saw a bunch of logs to do that...but I like it.  Nice Job!
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

MReinemann

It does take a-lot of wood.  The inside walls are only 1/2" thick to save some logs but the outside sheating and b&b use up a-lot.  I'm a hard head and would rather use my own wood for the sheating instead of OSB. 

justallan1

Geat job. Something like that is high on my list of things to do. I'm to the point of having to drive up to the company shop to work indoors because mine is full of ATV's, riding mowers, extra tools and even a darned canoe.

MReinemann

Well here's some pics of the finished product.  I just have to run the real deal electric wire.  I have to build a pole barn next and will run a feeder off that to power this thing so I can get rid of the extension cord "service" line.

clww

That shed looks great, but the pseudo-Confederate Stars and Bars looks a bit out of place in NY.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

MReinemann

Sure does.  Keeps the liberals away...

OlJarhead

Very nice.

Gives me an idea or two ;)
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

WDH

Very nice, General MReinemann, Suh.

Thank You Sponsors!