iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lucus Slabber Owners - where ya at?

Started by Cypressstump, November 19, 2012, 10:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cypressstump

I'm trying to locate a Slabber Mill owner local to the south, La, Tx, Miss, Ark, etc..
I tried to contact Lucus via email for local owners to no avail.

I'm toying with the idea of slabbing out a 5'-6' dia log if all goes well. Definately no rush, but may need to speak to such a mill owner for such a job.

thanks, Stump
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Nomad

I'm out of your range, but somebody should come along shortly.  Don't discount Peterson mills either.  They make a dedicated slabber too, and I believe a slabbing option as well.  Even a fella with a big Alaskan CSM could do the job for you.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

sigidi

Swamp sorry mate, I'm got a bit of a large creek to cross to get to ya, but like nomad said, someone will be along soon, make sure to give us some pics of that bad boy ;D
Always willing to help - Allan

Cypressstump

Thanks, I forgot about Petersons. I will drop them a line as well for local owners.

sigidi, I agree, quite the creek ehh mate? :)  Pictures will definately follow this little adventure !

Apreciate ya's. Stump
Stump

Case 586E 6k forklift
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

paul case

I have been searching for the same thing, someone to slab a couple bigguns fer me and cant seem to find one yet. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

fishpharmer

Cypressstump, I have a 50" Lucas slabber. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Nomad

Sorry Fish, I forgot you had a lucas too.  I bet you could "bibby" a 6' log, with a bit of effort.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Cypressstump

Good deal Fish, !

I'll be dropping you a call when I get some more info gathered up.
Thanks. stump
Stump

Case 586E 6k forklift

fishpharmer

Sounds goood.

Guess I need to update my profile.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sigidi

Good onya fish  8) ;) knew I wasnt gonna be the closest for these lads
Always willing to help - Allan

logboy

QuoteI'm trying to locate a Slabber Mill owner local to the south, La, Tx, Miss, Ark, etc..
I tried to contact Lucus via email for local owners to no avail.

I'm toying with the idea of slabbing out a 5'-6' dia log if all goes well. Definately no rush, but may need to speak to such a mill owner for such a job.

thanks, Stump

Baileys is the US distributor for Lucas. You need to call them. Call 1-800-322-4539
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

Thank You Sponsors!