iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Preventing stain on SYP 8x8 and 12x12 beams

Started by FeltzE, November 18, 2012, 07:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeltzE

I have an opportunity to provide 8x8 and 12x12 blocking (syp) to a distributor.

My concern:
- With my Nyle 200 I can't drop the MC to a level which will prevent stain and mold effectively or cost effectively

- I'll need some kind of package saw to cut the blocking to 22 inch lengths

- what is the market value of that size ungraded (can be knotty but must be structural)

Eric

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

A fan shed with excellent air flow should work well in your area.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

shelbycharger400

Dont know of any seller of a giant chop saw or radial arm saw, But I have seen one that was an amish built with a 26 or 28 in blade, powered by a honda small engine.

This is why I bought about 5 to 7 buzz saw blades. Only needs one blade, so Im going to use the rest for other "projects"

Rooster

"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

FeltzE

Doc, I havn't had good luck with fans alone here in NC the summer humidity is too high but I'm sure it will help.

Rooster, yep that's a package saw. Found one in Oregon on sawmill exchange but I'm sure shipping would kill the cost.

Thank You Sponsors!