TimberKing Sawmills

The Largest Inventory of Used Chainsaw Parts in the World

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Wood Processing equpment. Splitters, Processors, Conveyors

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Margeson Insurance

Peterson Swingmills

Pacforest Supply Company

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Farmi Winch Direct

Comstock Logging

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Timberking B-20 portable bandsaw sawmill for sale  (Read 23398 times)

Offline JD840

• I'm new!
Timberking B-20 portable bandsaw sawmill for sale
« on: November 17, 2012, 06:03:18 pm »
I have read the agreement and do understand.  Selling a Timberking B-20 that needs paint and the small motor.   This mill has been sitting idle outside for about 5 years.   It was bought new but health issues kept it from getting used.  The paint is really faded, the small engine will not turn over and the chains are rusty.  It does have set works, log loader, log turner, dino sharpener, new blades, new drive belt, new tires.  Priced very reasonable.  Im not that great at typing so call if interested.  763-389-4510.  $8500

Online Jeff

• Lead Administrator and Founder
  • Administrator
  • 1920's Sawmill Hand
    • THEE Forestry Forum
Re: Timberking B-20
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 07:43:21 pm »
JD840,

If you modify your topic title, to include "for sale"   It will help with google searches. The Forum for sale section items are automatically copied to our index page, where they get preferential treatment with google. Good key words in the title and in the content of the add leads to the mill being searchable and findable by anyone in the world. :)

Never mind, I'll do it. :) ;)
I don't need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it - Albert Einstein
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Bottle Washer.

Offline moandrich

• Full Member x2
  • Ignorance is the mother of invention.
Re: Timberking B-20 portable bandsaw sawmill for sale
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 09:43:50 pm »
Where are you located
woodmizer lt 40HD
mule 3010

Offline SPIKER

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 01:08:09 pm »
JD:  you might want to post location, (your area code comes back to Minnesota ST Paul area) but anymore that does not mean a lot with cells and right to transfer numbers.

conditions of mill need good description but photos help a lot more...
MM
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Offline mikeb1079

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 01:29:14 pm »
seems like a great deal.....it's got my wheels turning for sure! :)
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • 1920's Sawmill Hand
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 01:37:21 pm »
The mill has been sold. Awaiting contact from the seller. The forum has been contacted by the purchaser

I don't need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it - Albert Einstein

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • 1920's Sawmill Hand
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 05:53:03 pm »
The man that created this ad, and sold this sawmill through the Forestry Forum says that I can not prove that a member bought the sawmill, and that he bought it because he saw the ad here, even though that member notified me that he had indeed bought the sawmill because it was listed here on the forum. He says he is not paying for an ad that only took 4 days to sell his mill with. I debated this with him to the point of it getting ugly. I've said this was on the honor system. Clearly this man has no honor. The Forestry Forum is now out the commission, Tammy and I are out part of our income that we work hard to earn. I'm so angry right now from this guy telling me my work here is worth nothing that I could spit nails. I'll not put his name here, because I still have some Honor left, even though after a ten minute conversation with this guy, I feel as I have none, that it has all been grated away.

Just watch out on your dealings with anyone from Princeton, MN.

Offline Papa1stuff

• Can I trade for an LT70?
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 08:42:04 pm »
I just called the number listed in the ad and the nice man told me the mill sold on craigs list  :D
Mayby a few more should call this nice man ,mayby later tonight ;D
2008 LT40SH/51HP Cat
1994 F700 Ford Grapple Truck
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Offline beenthere

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 09:35:49 pm »
Or visit him in MN
and ask him about his 1912 Monitor wire stitcher for sale.

http://www.enginads.com/classifieds/showcat.php/ppuser/26243/cat/500
south central Wisconsin
 It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Offline NWP

• Nicholson Wood Products LLC
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 09:36:35 pm »
That's unfortunate that he acted that way.  You'd think he'd be happy that he was able to move it in 4 days. 
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1994 Duratech HD8, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 1990 Peterbilt 378 w/ Hood 7000 loader, 2001 Chevrolet, 2005 Chevrolet, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Offline clww

• Senior Member x2
  • Oh yeah? Watch this!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 09:40:13 pm »
What a user! I vote to ban him, too.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
God gave us Two ears and One mouth for a reason.

Offline WDH

• Forester
  • Administrator
  • April 1998 - August 2008
    • hamsleyhardwood.com
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 09:47:12 pm »
We don't need skanks here. 
Woodmizer LT15, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5640SU, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • 1920's Sawmill Hand
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 09:49:29 pm »
Oh, he was definitely banned.

Maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I'm concerned what he did is theft. It was flat out taking money out of the Forestry Forum's pockets. One of his comments was, "what are you out by my posting an ad?"  I'm glad things went alright for the buyer. He seems to be happy with the mill, and that is a positive thing in this deal.  I guess I should get over it. This is the third time this has happened this year, and I'm pretty sure with the format we have it will happen again. One time it happened a few years ago when one member was selling his mill to another, making the arrangements through the private messages. One of them made the mistake of replying to their "Message Notification Email, Do not reply" emails. That email was then sent to the administrative email addresses by default. It said "Make sure you don't mention this on the open forum, or Jeff will want his cut"

Offline SPIKER

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 09:54:03 pm »
Jeff:

Sorry to hear it want away on ya like that.  hope others dont try the same thing.   He had very few posts, (think 6 or something) might have to limit the For Sale items to higher post members?   though that also might keep the FF members from getting a good deal too...

hard both ways..

MM
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Offline redprospector

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 12:01:51 am »
My Dad used to tell me (when this kind of stuff would happen to me) that every one has a price that they will take for their integrity. Thankfully most of us want more than $425 for ours.
It takes all kinds, I guess.

Andy

Offline Okrafarmer

• Senior Member x2
  • Away down south in the land of sweetgums. . . .
    • Genesis Hardwood Lumber
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 12:15:50 am »
Well, the person I just bought something from, said he was fixing to send you your percentage.  ;) It wasn't a very big ticket item, but every bit helps.
No matter how conventional wisdom may fly in the face of radical thought, it's still the most popular type.

"By pith and power, til my last hour, I'll mak this declaration-- we are bought and sold for English gold-- such a parcel o' rogues in the nation." --Robert Burns

Genesis Hardwood Lumber

Offline Chris Burchfield

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 06:43:28 am »
Jeff, sorry for the scank ripping the Forestry Forum off like that.  I don't see where it would be a bad thing not allowing sales except for members with 100 and more post.  Should a person have less post but has something to sell, they could email or contact you through admin.  They may know of someone who has 100 or more post that could do their bidding.  Then the percentage would be more likely to find it's way to the Forums coffers.  This would not prohibit non members or persons with 5 postings to purchase something.  We/you do depend on honesty from our members.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Offline stumper

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 08:14:06 am »
Well we may consider requiring submission of the commission in advance for anyone with less then *** posts and ** months.  If the items sells for less, the difference in commission would be returened to them.  If the unit sells as a result of a different add, thanks, you bought your ticket you took your chances.  If I place and add in my local paper and craigslist the paper does not refund my money if it sell because of craigslist.

There will still be theives that close an add saying they decided to not sell, but I suspect those will be fewer, and if we have their money and beleive they are thieves then we could potentially refuse to return it.

Offline MotorSeven

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 10:18:30 am »
I have a better idea. Many forums have paid and non-paid member packages. Paid members can list items for sale for free with no sell fee, non paid can not list at all, but are free to yap as much as they like ;). Most memberships run from $15-25 a year......I would have no problem becoming a paid member here.
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • 1920's Sawmill Hand
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 10:51:32 am »
  The reason we have a commission at all on the commerce area items is to try and raise revenue, as we have made a promise to never have a members feel they need to donate or pay to participate in the Forestry Forum as a member. The Forestry Forum is part of every single thing Tammy and I do. Every part of our lives is wrapped within it. Because of that, it has become my full time job. No matter where I am or what I am doing, the forum is first in line along with family on the things I must protect and serve.  While we do have sponsors, our income is still pretty minimal compared to what I used to do, so the idea of a commission was created to try and supplement the sponsorship income.

It has always been a challenge to find ways to create income without changing the dynamics of the Forestry Forum because the Forestry Forum was never created with income making in mind, because at the time, I was a full time, well paid commercial sawyer. The Sawyer days being over now due to 5 shoulder operations that resulted from wear and tear from 25 years on the job sawing over 100 million board feet.

Placing an ad within the Forestry Forum's for sale area does more than place the ad in front of our members and guests. Because of the popularity of the forum, (4,746,581 page views for example in November) Google considers us a site valuable enough to be indexing almost constantly. Knowing that, I have the for sale board configured to simultaneously place the ad on the homepage of the Forestry Forum, where within just a few hours it ends up searchable in google for the whole world to be able to find. If anyone in the world is using google to find what you are trying to sell, they will find it.

When entering the for sale area, I honestly don't know how one can miss the red type instructing you to read the terms upon which we set to use the for sale area.  With members that have no posts, there isn't a new topic button available. Whenever a new topic is created in the for sale section of the forum, Tammy and I are each sent an email with a link to the topic. Then, if we see it is a very new member, or someone with very few posts, we may either send them a personal message making sure they understand the obligations of posting an ad, or we may actually pull the ad and then send a note.  In the case of this timberking sawmill ad, you may notice the posters first line of the ad. That was a result of pulling the first ad, and asking him if he understood the obligations. Shortly after he posted this as saying that he did. At that point I volunteered to help him make the ad search engine friendly or help with photos. It's obvious he understood what he was doing by those actions, which he denies that he did, and that the item was sold because of the ad, which he denies.  So, no matter whether the dude would have had several posts under his belt or not, he had no intentions of ever paying the commission. That has happened many times over the years that we know about resulting in the loss of several thousand dollars, while at the same time we have members that sell something and insist on paying more than what is due, 10% sometimes.

While typing this, motorseven posted. That is something that could be an option, because it still lets members be members without having to pay to do so.