iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

e2300 Blown fuse help????

Started by waorgany, November 17, 2012, 09:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waorgany

Started my e2300 yesterday for the first time this year, everything went well, came up to temp ina  few hours 182, then went back to check on it and no power to the PID/fan, pump was still running. Replaced the fuse and then blew again, tried a few more same result, late and dark then gave up shut everything down went back onto fuel oil heat for the night. This stove was installed by my local Central Boiler Dealer..(they are a joke, and service from them sucks), back in 2008, looking for someone who might know what the issue is? Always happens on a weekend. Thanks for the help.

Paul NNY

beenthere

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Maybe a mouse chewed a wire or two?
That was the reason my AC compressor unit failed to fire up this spring.

Put a test light in place of the fuse to check for and locate the short.

What voltage?

Like most things we buy, it pays to be able to trouble shoot and fix them ourselves or be at the mercy of the service man.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

hockeyguy

I went through the same thing a few months ago that turned out to be a a short in one of the solenoids. Once I figured out which one it was, I disconnected it and ran on one solenoid until the new on arrived.
Did you notice any chattering or buzzing before the fuse blew?

boilerman101

There is a reason for the fuse to blow. I would also guess one of the solenoids has gone bad.
Ohm them out with a multimeter or just pull 1 power lead off each and hook them back up one at a time til you locate the culprit and replace it.

Thank You Sponsors!