iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

562XP ?

Started by Pointman, November 13, 2012, 02:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pointman

Hi all,
This is my very first post. I was pointed in the right direction by a friend of mine who has worked with many chainsaws and knows the forum and he told me to come on here and ask what you all think about the 562XP,since I was considering this particular saw.So let me have it,one way or the other.I admit to not being brand loyal and I don't listen to the advertising hype that companies use to sell a product.I do respect the advice of the people who use and work with their equipment everyday.Some of you may already have used this saw enough to give your opinion.
Thanks,
Pointman

thecfarm

Pointman,welcome to the forum. Do you like the dealer? I had a good one,than they sold to another place. Mech is only there a few hours a day. I was going to another guy. Left my saw there,said he would call did not. Charged me about $6 more for a 6 pack of 5 gallon mix than I could buy some place else.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Pointman

Actually,we have about three dearlers in my area that deal with Huskys and Echos but one especially that a friend told me to use because he knows for a fact that he is a real good chainsaw mechanic.He deals with Husqvarna and Echo chainsaws.We have one Sthil dealer close by but he has an old Wood Boss of mine and said he won't be able to get to it for a month.I've heard from others that they know more about their Cub Cadet tractors then their Sthil saws.I figured that out for myself when I asked about some of their saws and they had to go to the books or the computer to answer my questions.I have a feeling that they will have my Wood Boss for longer then I like.You brought up a good point.Thank you.

shinnlinger

I assume you are a homeowner vs professional, what do you need a chainsaw for?  Occasional Storm cleanup or do you put up 10 cord of wood a year?  Echo makes some nice saws too and they usually are a bit cheaper than the Huskys.  Check out the 600 next time you are in.

Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

DDDfarmer

My new 562 xp should be in any day now, I can tell you how I like it shortly after that ;D.  I have always liked the husky's and the dealer in town knows there stuff and has a couple of mechanics that are worth knowing.
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

HolmenTree

If my nearest Husqvarna was 500 miles away I would still buy the 562XP, that's how good this saw is.
I've owned mine for several months now and I make a living with it. In the close to 40 years of running saws for a living I have never owned one that handles and runs this good.
It's "Rev Boost" makes an amazing  hyper powerband, best power to weight ratio out there for a 60 cc saw.
Sips fuel so slowly that I'm waiting for it to run out of gas for a long time it seems.
The master control switch with it's "auto on ignition" saves alot, and I mean alot of finger work through out the work day.
The AutoTune I have found on this saw is flawless.
The only improvement I can see they can do to this saw is adding fuel injection, and that is not too far around the corner. ;)
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

tlandrum

ive got several of the 562xp saws ported and in the hands of tree crews and firewood cutters and they all rave about them. i have one myself and when im in smaller 20'' and smaller timber i use it excluseively for falling and limbing.
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

HolmenTree

All my timbersport saws I own I have ported myself since the early 1980s. My work saws I keep factory stock.
I rely on my pristine hand filing, endurance and not wasting a step when cutting wood. ;)

Oh and ..............less time wasted at the fuel can too :D

Pointman

I'm certainly not a pro. I am mainly going to use it on the farm and clean up my woods where there is quite a bit of uprooted trees that have fallen.I don't cut that much big wood in a year to constitute the use of a big saw in the 70 and above cc class of saw.Although some of those uprooted trees are some pretty big stuff.My being almost 66 years old now,a big saw might put a whoop-in on me.I just need a good dependable saw around here that will handle everything I have without to much sweat and at the same time,not being over kill.I know the 562xp runs near the neighborhood of $700.00 or so and I certainly don't want to have buyers remorse after buying a particular saw,in other words,no regrets.I've done some research on different saws,Sthil,and Echo to name a few but come back to Husqvarna for some reason or another.some complain about the air filtering system on the Sthil saw and when I went to the dealer to check out the MS362,he alone had a heck of a time taking the cover off to check the air cleaner for me and then when he was trying to put the cover back on by pushing and turning on four screws,I thought he was going to toss the screwdriver across the room.I wonder what happens when those screws get pact-ed with oily sawdust and dirt.I don't need hassles like that so I pass on the 362.Echo does look like a nice saw and I recently bought a CS355T for doing some limbing from my tree stands and odds and ends stuff on the horse trails.It's a nice saw.I haven't used it much but from what I can tell,it is a little screamer and starts very easy.I am sure Echo has improved a lot in the chainsaw department but then I read that they may burn up unless you modify them to improve what EPA regs did to them.I don't want to spend money on a saw that may burn up because it leans itself out or holds heat in because of a cat muffler.Now these are thoughts that just come to my mind as I read the reviews on them.I have no experience  with any saws other then an old Wood Boss that has done pretty well through the years but there where times where I needed to get a job done before I wrapped things up and come out of the woods when a backup saw would have made life easier on me.
I am here to hear whatever you say,I am all ears too.You guys are the pros and if anybody knows what they are talking about,its you.I appreciate all your input.Thanks.

NCFarmboy

I want one!!!!!!! 562 that is.  Have over a hundred saws wife would have a hard time with another.  She will get over it.  Time heals.  Everything I've read about the 562 has been very very pos.  They have worked out a few initial bugs so it should be good to go.  However, for the money an Echo CS600P is hard to beat.  $400 on Feebay.  I don't worry about warranty I repair them myself that way I know it's done right and no trips back and forth to the dealer.  Closest servicing dealer is 80 mi. round trip.  UPS will drop parts @ my door.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

DDDfarmer

My saw is in!!!!   get to pick it up in the morning  8)
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

Pointman

Quote from: DDDfarmer on November 15, 2012, 03:31:52 PM
To late. I already beat you to it. Got mine before you actually. And I am not even going to tell you how nice it is.Yes I will. It is effortless cutting and very smooth running.You WILL like it for sure.I can't see how you can't possible like it.Ok,now try and get some sleep....if you can.

DDDfarmer

Quote from: Pointman on November 15, 2012, 04:50:29 PM
Quote from: DDDfarmer on November 15, 2012, 03:31:52 PM
To late. I already beat you to it. Got mine before you actually. And I am not even going to tell you how nice it is.Yes I will. It is effortless cutting and very smooth running.You WILL like it for sure.I can't see how you can't possible like it.Ok,now try and get some sleep....if you can.

Thanks a lot >:(   Now it's going to take a lot of barley juice to get me to sleep now   ::)

DDDfarmer

Well I picked up my saw this morning  8)   Started limbing a big field spruce with LOTS of branches and niiiiiiiiice  ;D

Yet twards the end of the tank something wasn't right, in between cuts if I let the saw idle for a few seconds and eased into the throtle the saw would stall.. Yet if I hit the throtle wide open the saw would jump to life right to the max.  Another thing I noticed was that if I run the saw wide open with no load after a few seconds there would be a little hesitation every second as it ran.

I tried the full throttle run cutting a large tree for the 3-5 minutes as the book calls for but no difference.  I am just on the third tank of gas so could this still be the break in?  I am going to try to get out again on Sunday and use the saw, at least I know I have a great dealer to go back to if need be.

HolmenTree

The rev boost feature disables the rev limiter for a few seconds for the saw to run at max rpm for it's powerband, but the rev limiter will cut back in after those few seconds that's why you feel the pulsing.

This saw was designed to run full throttle in the wood so I don't mess with easing in or low rpm cutting.
I don't ever recall mine stalling like you explained about yours. Put some more tanks through it and you'll be smiling ear to ear.

Pointman

Farmer,
You have three tanks of gas through yours already? I'm jealous. Between my honey-do list and deer hunting,I haven't even had time to reach for a tooth pick.
I must have over looked the break in procedure in my owner's manual.I didn't see it.I just skiped through it though.I went to the only wood that I had not cut yet and that was an 8 inch catalpa tree branch and made about a half dozen cuts on it and then a few small branches.That was it.After that,I heard from a friend that you have to sink the saw into the biggest,mean tree you can find and go full throttle so that the carb can set itself,not so lean or they will burn up.I still have to find where it says that in the owners manual but I put my saw up till I can get back to the big woods and have at it.I am afraid to use it till then.
One thing though,in the short amount of time that I used it,it never stalled but like I said,I didn't do any lengthy cutting either.When I sat the saw down,it just idled and purred like a kitten.
At the shop where I bought the saw,I asked the mechanic if there was a break-in procedure on that saw and he looked puzzled and just smurked and said,no,just run it.I wonder now.I better read that owners manual again.

JOE.G

The running it full throttle isn't like a typical break in ( Piston cylinder bearings and so on ), it is more to let the autotune/carb adjust it self.

The 562Xp is a great saw, I ran a stock one for a few cuts and it was real smooth and cut great, Mine is ported  MM and has a pop up piston and this saw is great smooth and cuts like it is angry at the wood. If I was only able to have one saw around this would be it ( I did have to use my rancher the other day to get it un pinched ). You still have the wood boss? I always take at least two saws with me when I go out cutting.

I think you will be very happy with it, Mine is good on fuel but not as good as a stock saw I don't think, I run 20 " bar and Stihl Chains on mine ( I have a 18 " bar but have not use it yet the stock saw I ran had a 18 " bar ).
Husqvarna 562XP Woods Ported .025 pop up MM
Husqvarna Rancher 55 2005
Husqvarna 450 Anniversary Edition 2010
STIHL 009 1998
STIHL HT 131 Pole Saw 2012
STIHL FS 110 R Trimmer 2010
STIHL BR 600 Magnum Blower 2012

HolmenTree

Quote from: Pointman on November 17, 2012, 05:17:58 AM
I must have over looked the break in procedure in my owner's manual.I didn't see it.
Page 29...Maintenence section

DDDfarmer

Might not have been the biggest meanest tree around but I think its acceptable.

Dealer just said for the break in to fire it up and run it, just dont do anything out of the ordinary.

And ya.... I'm already smiling ear to ear. ;D

Pointman

Page 29,got ya. I read it.Thanks. I took the ATV to the big woods today so I could check some trail cameras and low and behold,I ran across a big old oak tree that had fallen from a storm.Guess what my 562xp and I are going to do.
DDDfarmer,that picture is worth framing.

HolmenTree

Quote from: DDDfarmer on November 17, 2012, 10:43:46 AM

Might not have been the biggest meanest tree around but I think its acceptable.

Dealer just said for the break in to fire it up and run it, just dont do anything out of the ordinary.

And ya.... I'm already smiling ear to ear. ;D
Where about in northern Ontario are you DDD? No snow...looks good! We've had snow -winter here in Manitoba for over a month now.

DDDfarmer

We had an inch of snow so far and temps down to -14° already but now its summer again  :D

Firewood is called off again due to the temps on the warm side for the next week  >:( 

I'm at the northern end of Young street in a little town called Cochrane Ontario.  Birthplace of a famous Canadian you might of heard of, Tim Hortons? 

Now im waiting for the cold temps to get back at the wood and to give the 562XP a real workout.

HolmenTree

Quote from: DDDfarmer on November 18, 2012, 12:19:16 PM
I'm at the northern end of Young street in a little town called Cochrane Ontario.  Birthplace of a famous Canadian you might of heard of, Tim Hortons? 

Cool.
I read that Yonge Street is the longest city street in the world at 1,896 km or 1,178 miles long :o Was first constructed in 1795.

Make sure you install the supplied winter kit to keep that 562 running good below -5C.

bill m

The local Husky dealer won't bring in the 562xp. Isn't crazy about the idea you need a computer to adjust the carb.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

HolmenTree

Well in the very near future he probably won't be able to sell a saw then, seeing they are going the way of the computer.

Where can you buy a new car or truck today or even a 20 yr old one without a computer?

Thank You Sponsors!