Sponsors:

this be wack of logs

Started by captain_crunch, November 12, 2012, 11:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain_crunch

my contribution to pile

Got conned to haul logs co piolit took pics
Dave reconize log yard ?
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Chuck White

Now that's a HUGE whack of logs!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Oh, my eyes.   :o

I would have to pack my lunch before I could saw all of those.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SPD748

Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

terrifictimbersllc

Yikes!  Glad I don't get everything I wish for.  :o :o :o
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Chuck White

Quote from: Magicman on November 13, 2012, 07:40:25 AM
Oh, my eyes.   :o

I would have to pack my lunch before I could saw all of those.   :)

And your sleeping bag!  :o  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dave_

My first guess would be Doug County.  But might be a yard up your way.  Maybe Weyerhaeuser Cottage Grove?

thecfarm

Like that loader too. Or is it a unloader?  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

captain_crunch

Dave
That be the old Sun Studs yard in Roseburg
Big as the 988 loader is it can be what ever it wants to be ;D ;D
Belive the mill goes thru 50+ loads a day
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Okrafarmer

And to think, they said all the whacks were gone from Roseburg 25 years ago!  :o
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Dave_

You fooled me with that camera angle :D
My dad ran their log pond back in the day.  He said he would come home almost everyday smelling like skunky logs after falling in.  In the summer, it was common place to "slip off" the logs and take a cool dunk.  Sun Studs was one of the first mills in the nation to computerize their operation.  They have always been a very fast stud mill.

captain_crunch

Dave
Here you go not real good pic but

customsawyer

Are the logs in the stack cut to length or tree length?
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

mad murdock

random length, 22-40 ft plus 12-14" trim.  depends on the mill spec, some mills out here go down to 12' +trim.  Nice whack of logs CC! that load come off the home place? or are you hauling for someone else? I was through there yesterday afternoon, we have a crew starting a fertilizer job for plum creek betweem camas valley and coquille.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

5quarter

Wow!

A whack like that might keep Jake busy for two, maybe three days... ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Meadows Miller

Gday

I was about to say Roseburg I always remember a good log yard or mill I drove rite past it last year come over the top of the hill and thought this is the beep   ;) :D ;D ;D 8) 8)

You see abit of sapwood on some of those second,third rotation trees our plantation stock here had a 1 to 2" band at 60 to 80 years old  ;). whats wood like that running a ton  ???

It would not take him long at all need another couple of LT70s though  ;) dont worry about Jake  ;) :D I am still thinkin/dreaming of a mill on the West Coast we use alot of Douglas Fir in Australia  and its a very viable option ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

bandmiller2

When theirs that many its a "wonk" of logs. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

customsawyer

I have never cut spruce or fir so there would be a learning curve of a couple of days so it might take me a week. :D :D :D :D :D
Plus another 6 months or 2 years. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Okrafarmer

Ah, you're good enough to run two or three LT-70's at once.
8)

Meadows Miller

Never say never now put those logs through a debarker with a scanner and pocket sorter then run one one dia and length sort at a time two or three mills with everything tied into one console he could do it  ;) :D ;D :) 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Okrafarmer

With the accuset he hardly has to think about it once he's got the log on there the way he wants it! Yes, I maintain, he could run 3 at once.
;D

Thank You Sponsors!