iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Southern Illinois Log Cabin is DONE! Thank you!!

Started by Doug_D, November 12, 2012, 05:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug_D

Hey all.  It's been forever since I've posted about my cabin build.  We'll it's finished and up and running.  I apologize for not keeping you guys updated.   I received lots of good advice from members on this forum and wanted to say thanks! 

Even though it's out in the Shawnee National Forest in southern Illinois, I was able to get Google to do a street view which will allow you to walk around the cabin like you were there.

We have since built others and expanded our cabin business and have been very blessed.   I have a tendency to give our customers too much information about how the cabin was built and often have to remind myself to stop talking.  When something like a cabin build consumes you for a couple years, it's hard to just stop when you have intimate knowledge of every detail. 

If anyone reading this in the St. Louis, Nashville, Memphis, or other area surround Southern Illinois and is thinking about building a log cabin, just rent mine for a night I will happily talk your ear off all night at no extra charge ;-)

You can even see my woodmizer sawmill outside the cabin door if you look around. 

Google 3D Street Tour of the log cabin (http://goo.gl/maps/3EtRa). 

http://goo.gl/maps/3EtRa

Thanks again for all the help!  Be safe out there!
Doug DeVore and Family
Our adventure in Building a Log Cabin Rental Business!
www.cabinstartup.com

Doug_D

Sorry guys.  Don't know how to tweak the system.  Copy and past the URL.  It's in google short version...

goo.gl/maps/3EtRa

Thats should take you right there.

Yes.  The expose beam ceiling is real (and a pain to build!).  I used 8" SIPs panels.  Cabin is amazingly efficient!
www.cabinstartup.com

jueston

it looks great, i really like the ceiling in the kitchen and the barn door...

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Doug_D

Sorry Beenthere.  Never got around to taking the time to set it up.  I've got a few pictures of it on my cabin blog, but the 3D google tour is just down right cool.

www.cabinstartup.com

reride82

Doug, That looks great! How did you get google to do a street view like that? If I ever make it to Illinois I'll be giving you a call  ;)
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

Doug_D

We have a guest from Chicago who puts on a photography work shop in the Shawnee National Forest a couple times a year and they stay with us.  He is also a Google photographer.  He mentioned it to me and I thought it would be a good tool for potential guest to really get an idea of the cabin before booking it.

www.cabinstartup.com

MotorSeven

Is that white cedar logs? Looks great! I-phones have a downloadable app that takes 360 photo's.....it's very cool.
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Thank You Sponsors!