iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Had (another) one of those days today

Started by jd540b, November 11, 2012, 04:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd540b

After loosing the tire off the grapple friday.  Went into the woods today with the excavator to put one of my trails to bed and clean out a small stream crossing.  Threw one of the tracks on the machine, got that back on with help from a buddy-then got a branch up into the fuel tank and (1 in a million) broke the *DanG drain off the fuel tank!  In a panic to get away from the stream-threw the track again!  If was like a neat-o' Monte Python skit....managed to get bucket under and save fuel....easyout and plugged the tank, put the track back on and went home.  Oh ya, and got a flat on the trailer moving the machine around to the back of the lot on the way.   Oh man.........tomorrow's another day. :) 

g_man

I didn't know a day was long enough for all that  ;D   yikes.
That's what tomorrows are for - good luck

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ron Scott

~Ron

thecfarm

Fuel and water,not a good mix. You was some lucky. was not all bad luck.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

colincb183

If one thing goes wrong, every *DanG thing goes wrong. Sorry for your misfortune. Good luck tomorrow

jd540b

Today went much smoother. (knock on wood)
Breakdown gremlins must have been on someone else job today.  :)

barbender

The gremlins do seem to like to get together and gang up on a fella. I had the hydraulic line between the drive and driven pumps on the forwarder blow on the back of the tract, Ponsse didn't have the hose on hand and couldn't make that type. So, I took a day off, went and got the hose the next day, installed it (that's the short version  ::)). By the time I got it on and moved a couple loads, it was a 10 1/2 hour day. Came in the next morning, picked up the last load on that sale, moved across the road to the next sale, and blew something out of the rear differential on the first load >:( So, off to Ponsse went my machine. 20 hours and 4 loads for the week ::) I'd.still take my week over JD540b's bad day though ;)
Too many irons in the fire

sawguy21

Tell Murphy to take a hike. Sheesh, if it weren't for bad luck you would have none at all.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Cypressstump

They say bad things happen in 3's..... sound like you got all 3 of yours at the same time, sorta silver lining maybe.... ???

I had a thought to go out in the boat and hunt hunt some sinker logs last weekend. My baot was low on fule, did not want to drag it out to the store for gas. I had four 5 gallon cans I had washed out and filled with freash 93 octane 100% gas a couple days eariler, went fetched them up and started siphoning gas into the boat tank. On the 3rd can , I saw the gas was milky. Stopped, got a glass jar, filled with the premixed gas, sure enough, plumb full of water.Rats.... disconnected the fuel line to the EFI injectore rail, pumped out all the gas I had just put in, back into the cans. I then had to remove the top access  to the tank, where the fuel suction / return. vent and float is located. This is a bass boat with a tank that ain't meant to be removed.... 3 hours later I had finished,,cleaned out all the residual fuel/water from inside the tank, buttoned it back up, resumed to fill with the last can of fresh gas I had left.
As I stuck the siphon hose into the 'fresh' 5 gallon can of fuel, I realized I had inadvertantly picked back up one of the water contaminated cans.......... Lord was helping the feeble minded that day. !
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Thank You Sponsors!