iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

i met the dumbest person i ever met in my life

Started by timberjack97, November 11, 2012, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack97

he    called  me to go look at his timber  that  he  is selling   it was 2 brothers that own the timber they met me at their property  they had a kubta mule with a dump bed on it that we rode in to look at the timber  you  want to talk about no common  sense  the  guy kept runing  in to trees  and stumps with it there was a tree branch  across the road in the air and he drove right  in to  it  sprung  back with pressure on it  toward me if i wont of moved  at theright time it would broke both my legs or worse  i  got cut up lots of places he tryed to  go up  real steep hills and almost rolled it over and then  he went went out on the paved road with the  mule  and  had  the dump bed lever engaged and the dump bed went up as he was driving and his brother rolled right out the bed and started rolling down the road  . i thought at first we was dead but  than god he was ok just cut up and bruised up  after  this  i  got off the mule and walked back to my truck  before this guy killed  me . i cant believe this  guy was this stupid he was in his 50s  he should of known better  i  would  hate to see him on a skidder he  would kill him self  on it  any thoughts thanks

thecfarm

That is not dumb. That is plain stupid. What did his brother say-do after the "dump"? My brothers and me did a lot of mean and dumb stuff to each other,but you said you thought he was dead. We never did anything to break any bones,for a wonder.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

timberjack97

his brother didnt say much to him after  that  i just thought it was time to leave before i  got hurt  its one of those things that you need to see to belive how stupid this guy was

timberjack97

Al_Smith

So now it's assumed this fellow would be the poster child for birth control or something .? Maybe it's something in the water or residue from the acid wars of the 60's .Could be a mushroom gatherer who got in to a bad fungi growing the hills of western Pa .

Well just don't let him drive any more .Better still run the other way if he does . :D

1270d

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

timberjack97

it was ok  timber  it was got in the early  80s  mostly  oak and cherry hard maple

timberjack97

has anyone else ever had a smiler thing happan to them ?

sawguy21

I had to laugh, I didn't expect you would stick around long enough to look.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

I would of started walking after the second stump or tree he hit or the tree branch he hit. Which ever came first.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Okrafarmer

Thankfully, I've never seen it quite that bad. Maybe half that bad, but not quite. At least not in somebody that age!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Ernie

Half the population is below average in intellectual capability.  It sounds like he is at the bottom of the bottom half.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

barbender

I know I've had a few experiences, I can't think of any offhand. Had a friend running a forwarder on a Federal timber sale, this junior forester gal came out and made him get out of his machine, she was going to show him where he needed to build some brush piles (way outside of her authority, she was power tripping, he's a very soft spoken fellow). So they got in her pick up and she backed into a huge stump, Ka-Bam!! She was red in the face, he was having a hard time holding in the chuckles :D Now I remember, one time I went fishing with a guy, he had an 18' Tuffy bass boat with a massive 200 horse or so engine  :o We landed the boat, there was a narrow twisting river channel to get to the lake, full throttle all the way I thought I was going to die :o
Too many irons in the fire

Ianab

Reminds me of Homer Simpson.

"Owww... Why do the things that always happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

barbender

I forgot to add, on the way in we met a few smaller 14' boats, we had to about have tipped them over, I then noticed the NO WAKE bouys :o At one point in that adventure, I asked my wife's uncle who was with, if he would hold my hand, cause I was s-s-s-scared :) I was wondering how the boat pilot could have lived through 40 years of that type of behavior just to kill us all that day. Needless to say, I try to avoid those types of situations, I don't like trusting my life and limb to someone else. I've never flown, for that reason. My luck, I'd get on the plane and see my boat guy going in the cockpit :o Did I mention he looked like Chris Farley?

Ron Wenrich

"Think how stupid the average American is.  Now realize that half up them are stupider than that."  -  George Carlin
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

grassfed

When I was in the Coast Guard we had these things called Cushmans (a golf cart mule cross). One day I was riding on the passenger seat and the driver was going full speed down a dirt road. We came to a fork and I thought he was going to the right so I leaned hard to the right; well he went left and I left on the right and rolled on down the trail.
Mike

barbender

Grassfed, who was the dumb person in your example? ;D

Phorester

A couple years ago we were on vacation, and I had to take my son to the local  emergency room early one morning, 2 or 3 o'clock, with blood coming from one ear and severe pain. The nurse asked him what had happened, he sheepishly told her that he'd been sword fighting with his cousin......  She looked at him quizzically over her glasses, and he explained that the "swords" were foam tubes, and he'd gotten whopped upside his ear. ( Turned out to be a minor ear drum pressure puncture, it healed on it's own after a couple of painful weeks.) 

It was a small town, small hospital, we were the only ones there that time of the morning.  After the nurse got my son squared away, I asked her if anybody else had come in that night.  She said "two cases", then started laughing.  First one was a guy who had a fishing lure stuck in both hands.  He had hooked one hand and while trying to get that one out had hooked his other hand with the other end of the same lure.  I asked how he drove to the hospital, she said his brother drove him. Said the guy's brother was carrying the fishing pole in with him, line still tied to the lure stuck in both his brother's hands.  She said she asked them if they had caught anything else that night, she said that joke went right over their heads.

Second case was a guy who had put a hair restorer on his scalp.  Thinking it would work better if he kept it on all night instead of washing it off as the directions said, he wound up with chemical burns over his entire scalp. She said his scalp was entirely red, and his natural hair was falling out in patches.

Al_Smith

I've heard of some very interesting emergency room situations calling  for the removal of objects one wouldn't normally think should be in that portion of the anatomy . In the interest of a mixed crowd I'll  elaborate no further on that subject .

Tree Killer

Quote from: timberjack97 on November 11, 2012, 08:23:05 AM
he    called  me to go look at his timber  that  he  is selling   it was 2 brothers that own the timber they met me at their property  they had a kubta mule with a dump bed on it that we rode in to look at the timber  you  want to talk about no common  sense  the  guy kept runing  in to trees  and stumps with it there was a tree branch  across the road in the air and he drove right  in to  it  sprung  back with pressure on it  toward me if i wont of moved  at theright time it would broke both my legs or worse  i  got cut up lots of places he tryed to  go up  real steep hills and almost rolled it over and then  he went went out on the paved road with the  mule  and  had  the dump bed lever engaged and the dump bed went up as he was driving and his brother rolled right out the bed and started rolling down the road  . i thought at first we was dead but  than god he was ok just cut up and bruised up  after  this  i  got off the mule and walked back to my truck  before this guy killed  me . i cant believe this  guy was this stupid he was in his 50s  he should of known better  i  would  hate to see him on a skidder he  would kill him self  on it  any thoughts thanks
LOL What county in Pa. ? I may have looked @ the same piece! We were glad to make it bak to the truck that day.

Solomon

Quote from: Ernie on November 11, 2012, 09:58:51 PM
Half the population is below average in intellectual capability.  It sounds like he is at the bottom of the bottom half.
I think you're a little over optomistic Erine ,  maybe it just living in the metropolitan area but I think the ratio is more like 80%  of the population today is inheretly inept and just plain stupid.   The worst part is they think they are the smartest people on the planet.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Solomon on November 28, 2012, 11:46:11 AM
Quote from: Ernie on November 11, 2012, 09:58:51 PM
I think you're a little over optomistic Erine ,  maybe it just living in the metropolitan area but I think the ratio is more like 80%  of the population today is inheretly inept and just plain stupid.   The worst part is they think they are the smartest people on the planet.

What you're getting at could be right, Solomon, but statistically, half the people in a given group are by mathematics, dumber than average.  :P  Although I guess maybe it would be better to say median rather than average,   ::) in that case you might be able to have 50% are dumber than median, and, say, 80% dumber than average.  :-[  In order for that to be the case, a very few people would have to be SO much smarter than average  8) as to raise the level enough for average to be around the 80% level. 
???
Whatever I just said didn't make much sense, did it?  :D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

240b

Takes more permits to put in a septic system,than to foul up the gene pool.  I think the "information age" is making it worse. People don't need to actually know anything, just google it. Everyone is a genius now.

Thank You Sponsors!