iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Veterans Day

Started by Riggs, November 11, 2012, 07:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riggs

For the freedom that I sometimes take for granted, I would like to thank any and all who have served.

Happy Veterans day.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

thecfarm

A very nice thread to start for all of the Veterans that have served our country over the  years. I stand up and give all the Veterans a big Thank You.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

I, as a Veteran will take that "thank you" most ceremoniously and also thank all of the other millions of veterans for their service and sacrifices.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

I give a shout out to all those that have served this country of ours, too. Please stand up!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Chris Burchfield

For those past and presently serving, Thank You!  For keeping my family and friends safe in our country.  A thankless job to those who take our freedoms for granted.  I was too young for Vietnam which ended April 1975.  I didn't turn 18 till 1976 and graduated from high school.  And for those who have and keep the home fires burning while a spouse is away serving a big Thank You.  I know it has to be tough and weighted times till they return.  I pray for God to Protect the innocent during such times and to bring all our troops home safely.  For those survivors who have lost a loved one that was serving, my words of appreciation are lost against the greatest of sacrifice.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Autocar

Even better tomarrow we get to eat free at alot of resturants here in our area. But thankyou and a thankyou from me also on everyone that served.
Bill

sandhills

Thanks to all of you, past and present.  I can't imagine my kids growing up anywhere else and I know it's because of all of you and what you've done.

Woodchuck53

I appreciate the "thank you" also. Almost all the boys in my family served. Stay safe. Chuck
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

martyinmi

A humungous, sincere Thank You to all the forum members who served to insure my freedom.

You all can't even begin to imagine the debt the rest of us owe to you smiley_clapping smiley_beertoast
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

thecfarm

I shouldn't be this way,but 8 posts and 96 views.  ::)  I way more than shocked,and disappointed
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

1270d

Another heart felt, sincere thankyou to all who have served, both stateside and foriegn, in war and peace.  Thank You

sawguy21

We observe it as Remembrance Day and it is taken very seriously. I grew up in the fifties and sixties, knew many veterans of the two wars. Some them paid a heavy price.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

rick f

Thank you to all the Veteran's, because of you we can enjoy all the freedom's that we have.

God Bless you all.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

DouginUtah

Remembrance Day

He was getting old and paunchy
And his hair was falling fast,
And he sat around the Legion,
Telling stories of the past.

Of a war that he once fought in
And the deeds that he had done,
In his exploits with his buddies;
They were heroes, every one.

And tho' sometimes to his neighbors
His tales became a joke,
All his buddies listened quietly
For they knew whereof he spoke.

But we'll hear his tales no longer,
For old Bob has passed away,
And the world's a little poorer
For a Soldier died today.

He won't be mourned by many,
Just his children and his wife.
For he lived an ordinary,
Very quiet sort of life.

He held a job and raised a family,
Going quietly on his way;
And the world won't note his passing,
Tho' a Soldier died today.

When politicians leave this earth,
Their bodies lie in state.
While thousands note their passing,
And proclaim that they were great.

Papers tell of their life stories
From the time that they were young.
But the passing of a Soldier
Goes unnoticed, and unsung.

Is the greatest contribution
To the welfare of our land,
Someone who breaks his promise
And cons his fellow man?

Or the ordinary fellow
Who in times of war and strife,
Goes off to serve his country
And offers up his life?

The politician's stipend
And the style in which he lives,
Are often disproportionate,
To the service that he gives.

While the ordinary Soldier,
Who offered up his all,
Is paid off with a medal
And perhaps a pension - though small.

It is not the politicians
With their compromise and ploys,
Who won for us the freedom
That our country now enjoys.

Should you find yourself in danger,
With your enemies at hand,
Would you really want some cop-out,
With his ever waffling stand?

Or would you want a Soldier -
His home, his country, his kin,
Just a common Soldier,
Who would fight until the end?

He was just a common Soldier,
And his ranks are growing thin,
But his presence should remind us
We may need his like again.

For when countries are in conflict,
We find the Soldier's part,
Is to clean up all the troubles
That the politicians start.

If we cannot do him honor
While he's here to hear the praise,
Then at least let's give him homage
At the ending of his days.

Perhaps just a simple headline
In the paper that might say:
"OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING,
A SOLDIER DIED TODAY."

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

mrcaptainbob

Nicely done, Doug. Thank you to all of our Veterans.

Onthesauk

thecfarm,

Not really shocked or disappointed and not to worry.  Army, 1965-1968, two tours in Vietnam.  Many simply went home and went back to their lives.  Some never let go and maybe they need the help more then anyone.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Roxie

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis

To all who have served...Thank you! 

Say when

thecfarm

I would pick a soldier.
Doug,thank you for sharing. Very nice.

1270d

The Soldiers Prayer "And When He Gets To Heaven, To Saint Peter He Will Tell; One More Marine Reporting Sir, I've Served My Time In Hell" - Marine Grave inscription on Guadalcanal, 1942

Our God and soldier we alike adore. Even at the brink of danger; not before; After deliverance,both alike requited. Our God's forgotten,and our soldiers slighted. - Francis Quarles (English poet), 1632

You ve probably all heard these before, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded.

samandothers

Thanks to all the veterans for their service!  I remember stories dad told of WWII.  Those that serve are owed so much. 

Texas Ranger

Quote from: thecfarm on November 11, 2012, 08:15:51 PM
I shouldn't be this way,but 8 posts and 96 views.  ::)  I way more than shocked,and disappointed

Not to worry, we know who we are, and we appreciate the thought, but a lot of us are quite about those days, long ago.  And plan to keep it that way.  My Doctor is Viet Namese, one of the boat people, and he asks me at all visits about serving, what can you say?  I had a very short combat tour, and really want to forget it.

So, thanks for your thoughts and salutations, but, no one hates war more than an ex soldiers. 
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

clww

So, thanks for your thoughts and salutations, but, no one hates war more than an ex soldiers.
[/quote]
That's a FACT!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

I know many,if not most,don't talk about it,war. I would not want to hear most of the stories either. I could not handle it or understand. I know of many Veterans and if I did not know they served I would not know that they was in the service,older and younger than me. BUT I do feel we should REMEMBER all the Veterans that have served in a war or at peace time. If all of us,no matter who we are or where we are,take all the Veterans for granted and don't care about them,that is something that I can not understand.

Riggs

I simply wanted to say thanks to the Veterans on the forum.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

thecfarm

Riggs,you did a real good thing. I am truly sorry.

Thank You Sponsors!