iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-2400 anti bridging rods

Started by Local4Fitter, November 10, 2012, 08:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Local4Fitter

It's my first season with the e-2400 and so far I like it. I fill every 12 hours or so and usually do my creosote scraping once a day in the evening. I recently removed the anti-bridging rods because they only got in my way when scraping. When loading for a 12 hour burn the wood load barely reaches the bottom of these rods. A dealer I know who runs a 2400 said he took them out immediately.  If I were to load for a 24 hour burn I'm sure the rods would come into play, but I dont see any use for them in my situation. Anybody else do this?
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

Ohiowood

I thought they were there so you do not cover up the air holes?
Still have mine in place never a problem.

Local4Fitter

Quote from: Ohiowood on November 10, 2012, 11:02:38 AM
I thought they were there so you do not cover up the air holes?
Still have mine in place never a problem.
If that's the case why do they hang them from 3 feet above the air holes. Either way they dont seem to help in my situation. If I have the need to load for a 24 hour burn then I can put them back. Until then I will enjoy clear scraping.
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

boilerman101

I've left mine in over 2 winters of use.
I just scrape back and fourth 1/3 of the wall at a time, bumping up the rods and they swing back & fourth from the high mounting point.
I too just load however much wood into the firebox for my normal loading time which is 24 hours for me. When I open the door, I've burned down to mostly coals and some well charred log remains. I feel they do keep the wood away from the side holes for better air flow and if wood lays up against side wall, I think it creates more wet creosote that can run down the side walls and into those airholes creating extra cleaning time. As for me, I vote for leaving them in...I've had great luck with it.

Thank You Sponsors!