iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now this is scary!

Started by Den Socling, November 09, 2012, 02:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

From ABC news.

A tiny tick might be to blame for a rash of meat allergies in central and southern regions of the U.S.

A bite from the lone star tick, so-called for the white spot on its back, looks innocent enough. But researchers say saliva that sneaks into the wound might trigger a reaction to meat agonizing enough to convert lifelong carnivores into wary vegetarians.

"People will eat beef and then anywhere from three to six hours later start having a reaction; anything from hives to full-blown anaphylactic shock," said Dr. Scott Commins, assistant professor of medicine at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville. "Most people want to avoid having the reaction, so they try to stay away from the food that triggers it."

Texas Ranger

Ain't hurt a Texan yet, we love our rib eyes. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Den Socling

Den Socling

And don't head for "Crazy California".

Los Angeles is hoping to persuade people to become vegetarian – at least one day per week. Under a resolution unanimously approved by the city council this week, all future Mondays in the City of Angels have been declared "Meatless Mondays."

ashes

I'm in "crazy CA" but on the north side. We DON'T have meatless Mondays here.

Well I guess I should speak for myself. There are plenty of vegetarians here.
:D

Den Socling

:D I knew I was going to offend someone! When I was a kid, I worked at a gas station in Phoenix. We said that we could spot Californians as soon as they pulled in. :D

ashes

I'm definitely not offended. There are plenty of crazies. :)

Meatless Mondays though........ ::) That is another level all together.

thecfarm

They can have all the meatless Mondays,tuesday,wednesday, ect they want. As my Father would say,more left for me.  ;D But I do know about all that is being said about the meat. seems like every month something is going on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!