iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: Lost it?

Started by Fla._Deadheader, March 11, 2004, 08:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

8) 8)  I didn't like that place, either. 8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ARKANSAWYER

There was a thread about building tables and I wanted to play but have lost it.  So where did it go?  I want to put my table in.  I bet Jeff hid it because he did not want me to play.

ARKANSAWYER

CHARLIE

Now that chunk of wood has some nice character!  Nice table Arky!  What kind of wood is it?
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

etat

Solution to the problem, send the table to me, and I'll enter it in the contest for ya!!!!   :)

For real, that's a really  nice table!!! :) :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Fla._Deadheader

CK, Didja check out them laigs???  Arky's got them curved trees, too ::) ;D :D :D :D

NICE table.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Patty

That is a very nice table Arky; one I'd be proud to have in my home. I live just a little ways north of you  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

shopteacher

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

redpowerd

thats nice, i like the curl. :)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

pappy

Arky,

nice table  8)

how did you attach the legs to the underside??

termite
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Paul_H

Pretty Cool!

It's got legs like ol' Butch.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

shopteacher

Paul_H:  I knew I really liked that table for some reason.  Just couldn't put my finger on it. :)

Jeff

That thing does look like its about to walk off. I aint conceading victory though. It took Arky 6 months to make his. If I would have took 6 months on mine it coulda looked like a Lexus.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ARKANSAWYER

How about this one I just finished it today?

This one is ERC and the legs are tenioned into the bottom.  The first one is red oak and the legs are notched into the bottom.  The top was a slab that had been thrown over the hill.  It was slabed heavy because of the defects and a limb.  It was from a customers log and I sawed it the way  that they wanted.  I saw that it had not checked because it was sawn on a waxing moon and a rainey day so I made a table out of it.  Lady comes by while it was still in the rough and left 3 Bens for it so I finished it most quick.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

WV_hillbilly

Nice tables Arky.  See and most people think that slabs are just a pain in the behind to get rid of .  :D
Hillbilly

Patty

Wow!  :o   3 bens is a pile of money. Good job Arkansawyer! So I guess that means it isn't heading up north to my house.  ::)        Do you have a retail outlet as well? Does a relative keep it open, or do you show by appointment only? Do you sell much in finished projects, such as the tables, or is this a sideline in your free time?  So many questions....
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

shopteacher

Wow Arky, that's rich. Watch out Jeff, he's pulling out the big guns.

Jeff

I gotta checker table that took 4 guys in 4 states to build that is priceless. Not worried. 8)  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ARKANSAWYER

Yea Jeff and it probly takes 6 guys in 2 countrys to play a game on it. :o
  Patty,  I just mess around with the furniture.  I like to keep a bench, picknick table or something sitting around the mill all the time so wives can look at them while the guys are picking up their lumber.  I also have a booth in a fleamarket/antique store and sell alot in there.  I could sell more if I would build it.  I build some very unique pieces and starting to get custom orders.  The lady who got the oak coffee table has a kitchen table on order now.  I should finish it this week.  I would have just asked $150 for the oak table but she named her price and I accepted.  She will take great pride in telling her friends how much she paid for the custom made table.  The cedar table will go for $100 to $125 depending if I have to haul it to the booth or not.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Fla._Deadheader

Arky, my Daughter wants to know where the flea market/ Antique Store is located??? She left there in '96???
   First, it is ridiculed;

ARKANSAWYER

Harold,
  It is where HY 62 runs into HY 65 there at Belfonte called Junkshun Barn.  It was built about 2 years ago.  I have been in there since last May because I had alot of stuff I could not sell at the mill.  I take lumber over there that I can not sell here like shorts and thins and jack the price up and it moves over there.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks. Is the Weigh Station still there???
   First, it is ridiculed;

ARKANSAWYER

Nope! it is gone and I am glad.  The Junkshun Barn is just across the road form where it sat.  You would not know the area now.
  Has any one notice that Jeff has not told where the thread went on the table contest ???  Maybe, just maybe, he is throwing in the towel?
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!