iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rut is in

Started by jdtuttle, November 04, 2012, 05:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdtuttle

This is one of my favorite times of year. Bow hunting with my Daughter & Brother, especially when the rut is in full bloom  :). Yesterday a big bodied, big racked 10 point came within 80 yds of my stand. He was following a doe and had one thing in mind. Had two button bucks under my stand for over an hour last night at dark. I let the little guys walk so they can grow up.
It's funny how sometimes it's hard to get up in the morning at 6:00am and go to work but during hunting season it's no problem getting up at 4:30, happy as a Lark.
Hope the rest of you hunters are having as much fun as me 8).
jim   
Have a great day

Magicman

We are having fun watching, but our season (gun) does not open until the 17th, and our rut is seven weeks away.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Just starting the rut down here. Bow season is in the third week. Our two-week rifle season starts for me on the 17th.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

MJD

Rut is going strong here in Wisconsin, saw four this afternoon Bow hunting and  a buck chasing a doe around me until she got down wind.

SwampDonkey

About 9:00 am yesterday I saw an 8 pointer on the back of a pickup heading to the registry in town.  Came off dad's upper farm everyone called the Klondike. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

This week my son is here (WI) hunting with me, and we both have observed the deer heavy into the rut. He took this 190# field-dressed 8pt buck Sunday evening.
We both saw at least 12 deer, mostly doe, yesterday in about 3 hours of hunting. Light snow showers in the morning likely helped.
A 2" tree snatched my arrow this morning, just a couple feet from making it to the heart of an 8pt buck. I think I'm going to cut down all 2" trees on the property.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice thick Buck. Looks healthy too.
Congrats.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SPIKER

I would post a link to a trail cam photo on my facebook page note sure with external pics not aloud and I dont want to clog FF data.  it is a good 16 point tho [ic is right at dusk so a bit hard to see.

OFFSITE PHOTOS ARE NOT ALLOWED! PLEASE UPLOAD TO YOUR FORUM GALLERY!

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Jeff

What do you mean by, you don't want to "dog forum data"?  You've posted plenty of photos to the forum in the past so you know the drill....
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This Buck was hunting!

My neighbor last night wakes me up at 1:15 am. He hears a BIG BANG out on the secondary road. He looks out the window and sees a guy walking in front of his head light.
:D :D :D Well Jim knows what has happened.

After the car leaves, he walks to the road with his flashlight and finds blood in the road. He wants me to come over and help him find the Deer that ran off after getting hit.

Not a chance.....Good-night Jim, I'll talk to you in the morning.

At 8 am this morning, Jim calls and he is on his way to my house to show me something.

This 8 point had been hit at 1 am this morning, ran off in the field and laid down.
Within 7 hours the Coyotes had found him and just about cleaned him out.

Jim's gonna just take the head over to Ken's and let the Beetle's work on the skull.
Should make a NICE European skull mount.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ron Scott

Darn coyotes. It doesn't take them long to get on a kill.
~Ron

Ron Scott

Beenthere, where did your son make the arrow hit on his nice buck and how far did it go after the hit?
~Ron

beenthere

Ron
He hit it right where it shows, and was using the Rage blades that open up on impact. Bled out quickly and dropped right at 50 yards.
He knew the hit was further back than he'd hoped for, so we waited over an hour to look for it. Left a good trail.  The large entry and exit hole was pretty impressive.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Scott

I thought that the hit was far back, that's why i asked if there was much of a tracking job. I always like to know the bowhunters kill details as each one is a learning experience.
~Ron

beenthere

Ron
He shot a one-antlered buck this morning in the neck. That was his only window and it didn't go far either.

No doe opportunity yet however.
south central Wisconsin

Thank You Sponsors!