iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trapped down south

Started by bandmiller2, November 02, 2012, 08:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Haven't been here for a wile,drove my uncle down to Tybee island Ga. to overwinter.Drive down fly back well the storm put the skids to that,Amtrack wasen't even running.I did manage to stay " grit free" but got addicted to that DanG crab stew.Hung out with the local crabbers and shrimpers,outher than the required ribbing fine friendly folks.Up here had no damage,drove by the mill site and noticed a pile of new logs. Many of us should have a good supply of logs for a wile.Strange bedfellows,last winter my uncle said he opened the dumpster to drop a bag,looked in with a flashlight and a coon and a cat were cuddled up togather sleeping,guess those Ga. cats aren't too fussy. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: bandmiller2 on November 02, 2012, 08:06:13 AM
Strange bedfellows,last winter my uncle said he opened the dumpster to drop a bag,looked in with a flashlight and a coon and a cat were cuddled up togather sleeping,guess those Ga. cats aren't too fussy. Frank C.

Glad to hear from you Frank. Sounds like your doing good.
I was in Georgia about a month ago.
Opened a dumpster to drop a bag and saw a GA. DAWG and a SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCK snuggling together. I slammed the door....rubbed my eyes and opened the lid on the dumpster again......it was 2 Possums.
My eyes must have been playing tricks on me.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

two tired

Postonlt40hd could it be a sideeffect of thegorgia peachjuice?
when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: two tired on November 02, 2012, 09:22:33 AM
Postonlt40hd could it be a sideeffect of thegorgia peachjuice?

Or maybe the stuff you mixed in with your branch water...  :D

Herb

thecfarm

I was kinda concered when I read the title. I thought they was force feeding you g...s.  :D I have not seen any damage in my area from the storm, Very lucky.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

This is off base with the post, but post related due to content. What is up with the grits?  I am quite sure If I fixed you boys a good ole southern breakfast, including grits, you would be converted.  If not, well then it would be dust under the rug and forgotten.  Just saying there is a lil science to good grits and then amazing grits.  There really is no such thing as bad grits, only a little to runny, this is why we have biskets, and a little to salty, and, well, these folks have there reasons for this. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

shelbycharger400

On the lines  :D
at work we are all up in the morning around 4-4:30 roughly,  our work day starts at 6 and first brake is at 9 am.  In the usual mannor, im hungry around 8. Usually its talk of food , be its bisquets and gravy, mashed potatoes, hashbrowns , steak and eggs, ect.   I got the boys one morning with gizzards, grits and Hominey  :D

bandmiller2

Here tell grits are much better cooked in milk than plain ole water. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Woodchuck53

Large spoon or two of soft grits, 3 fried eggs layed over top, hash browns snuggled up real close. 2 cat head bisquits and Black Burn syrup. All the coffee you need, black of course and news playing in the back ground just as the sun  starting to come up. Man it don't get much better than that. Of course unless you can get her out of bed in time for the sun to come up. Then that's heaven.

Now that I'm awake I guess I'll go make the coffee. Stay safe. Chuck
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

WDH

Frank,

It is good that you made it out alive  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

eastberkshirecustoms

Quote from: drobertson on November 02, 2012, 06:19:25 PM
What is up with the grits?  Just saying there is good grits and then amazing grits.  There really is no such thing as bad grits...
My sentiments exactly!!! C'mon guys, let's be nice. There is absolutely nothing wrong with those gals raised in the south!  ;) ;D
Frank, Glad you made it back no worse for the wear!

Thank You Sponsors!