iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1st Oregon Forestry Fair -

Started by Stephen_Wiley, March 20, 2004, 12:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen_Wiley

Frank Pender, with rough carved bear at the first Oregon Forestry Fair..  Frank donated the WRC log and his friend / associate did the carving.

" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Stephen_Wiley

Several items were donated for a silent auction.  Frank Pender donated the WRC log and his friend finished the carving.  Frank will have to help me out here. As I did not get the name of the above winner of the bear.

Stephen_Wiley

Frank Pender and the winner of silent auction.  Frank had found out that her retired occupation was the same as his, another teacher .

Stephen_Wiley

Frank and his friend (chainsaw carver) Rick ?  Sorry Frank, I can't remember his name.

Stephen_Wiley

Well sorry about the clarity, still trying to figure out best way to get pics on here with better resolution.

The fair was the first of its kind here in Oregon. Sponsered by the Oregon Small Woolands Association.

Last I heard was 550 people in attendance.  

Woodmizer had one of their 40's set up. Folks down from Everett Washington, had log trailer with 3 point grapple boom (Patu). Also had information on their larger stock Forestrii. Other equipment included:  Future Forest, ATV and hand log arches. Kubota's new diesel four wheel drive unit with dump box.

Even had brief entertainment provided by a very talented juggler, magician and comedian.  Especially enjoyed his humor with current events. (while walking barefoot on top of swords and juggling knives).  Will see if I can get his name from show administrators.  He is definately worthy of any large functions you may be looking for entertainment for. He noted he recently returned from Canada for show. So I know he travels.

Seminars were short and concise (10-15 minutes per speaker) but were very thought provoking.  A few legislator's and candidates were in attendance as well.

I believe this is going to be a very worthy must attend event in the future as it grows.

Hey BWW,  I think you would have enjoyed this fair. Not quite as far as Eugene.  Hopefully, next year others will here of this years success and bring equipment.

Frank_Pender

Stephen, you really out did youself at the event on Friday.  You were a great help for many who attended.  I sure apppreciate your taking the pictures of the silent bid winner.   She was actually doing the bidding of for her husband who was attending one of the speaking sessions.  I had placed a minimum bid requiremnt of $300 as bears thius size out of Western Red Cedar run around $150 running foot. The bear went for $450.  ;D I also donated two 4" x 8" x 48" Balck Walnut gunstock blacks and we did not get one bid. :'(

The bear carver's name is Richard Nosiglia out of Salem, Oregon.  

Frank Pender

Duane_Moore

:D :Dwich one is Frank in the first pict?  Duh---Duane
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Frank_Pender

Who do you  think?   :-/ The good looking one in the fur coat! 8) 8) 8) ;D  Thank you Duane. :)
Frank Pender

Duane_Moore

Frank, tryed sending some E-Mail on logging auctions to you but they came back, want me to try again? Duh---Duane
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

BW_Williams

Looks like a good show, but that can't be Orygon, it's not raining and what's the bright yellow thing up in the sky? :D  Stephen, your pics look good to me.  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Frank_Pender

Duane:  That would be terrific.   However, I doubt I would be able to leave as one of my loggers just began a 320 acre logging job about 51 miles away and I need to be on site as the timber and land manager once in awhile. :-/

BW:   You think I have my hands in my pockets because it is warm?  WRONG!  :'( Kind of like the Eastern slope of the Cascades this time of year, lots of Sun and some good chill. :-[
Frank Pender

Stephen_Wiley

Hey BWW,

We only have rain -  when we know were going to have visitors  :D  :D  :D

Thank You Sponsors!