iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Scary Pictures from Halloween 2012

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 31, 2012, 07:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Here are my wife and Son before going out "Trick or Treating".
Not to scary......but they'll pass.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

We were down on trick or treaters this year. Probably because of the weather. I'm guessing we had about 150.  Tammy sat out dressed as a good witch and handed out candy, Pigroast Steve was reincarnated as a Halloween guest, and I sat on a mill can in the corner waiting for people to figure out if I was real or not. :)

We noted that this year, the costumes seemed to show more imagination as there was some really good ones, and the kids on the whole, were politer then usual. I didn't get any photos of the real good costumes, as I felt its kind of freaky having someone taking pictures of your kids. We took pictures of some kids we knew.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

We have only had one group to come by.  If something does not happen soon, I will have to eat a whole bowl of candy.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Red Clay Hound

Poston, your son looks just like you! :-)
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jeff........The old man at the front door.....real person? I like the face.  smiley_thumbsup

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Red Clay Hound on October 31, 2012, 07:49:37 PM
Poston, your son looks just like you! :-)

Well, I'm proud of him....they say the apple don't fa.............HEY....WAIT A DANG MINUTE!  say_what  :D :D :D

Jeff

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 31, 2012, 07:50:59 PM
Jeff........The old man at the front door.....real person? I like the face.  smiley_thumbsup

That'd be me.

beenthere

Quote from: Jeff on October 31, 2012, 07:57:21 PM

That'd be me.

Can tell by the beard :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bill m

We had a grand total of 0 trick or treaters this year.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Jeff

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on October 31, 2012, 08:11:26 PM
Quote from: Jeff on October 31, 2012, 07:57:21 PM

That'd be me.

Can tell by the beard :)

It....well, HE looked like one of them stuffed characters you see sitting on a porch. I was thinking, this Old Man would look great sitting down at the mill with a checker board in front of him.  :)

Mooseherder

My daughter Elvira with her guy Beetlejuice.

Magicman

We are now up to a whopping 8.   :-\  Guess it is about time to turn out the light.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on October 31, 2012, 09:46:06 PM
We are now up to a whopping 8.   :-\  Guess it is about time to turn out the light.

Come on MOTEL6.....leave the light on.  ;D

Okra might come by.  :D :D :D

WDH

No trick or treeters here in the woods.   :)  Just me and the Ents.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Brucer

We got the usual 2 this year -- my daughter and grandson #1. It'll probably be the same next year. After that we'll probably get a 50% increase as grandson #2 comes of age.

I'm not sure why the sparse turnout. I doubt that it has anything to do with my quarter mile unlit driveway that winds through he forest ???.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

sandhills

I don't know if we had any as my wife has night classes on Wednesdays and I was chasing around a group of pre-teen tricker treaters, but I did have a lot of fun last Saturday night.  My sister and BIL along with others from their community have an annual haunted house, this year it was in an old house destined for demolition and my wife and I got to help out as part of the ghost cast.  They've been doing this for seven? or so years now and the special effects equipment they've gathered is pretty neat considering it's all out of their own pockets and they don't charge any admission.  In a town of 700 or so they usually get around 100 people a night and trust me, it's a LOT more fun to hear the adults scream than the kids  ;D

Chuck White

I think the count here was 8.

The left-overs fit in my hunting coat pockets a little at a time!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Roxie

We had about 30, and they were all local children and so cute!  I'm out of the loop of understanding the difference between a power ranger and a transformer, but one little four year old informed me he was a transformer, but not to be scared, because he wasn't REALLY a transformer.   :D

Say when

pigman

We had two more than last year. Let's see  0 + 2 = 2 
After the two tell their friends we should have more next year, or maybe not. When I opened the door for the two little nine year olds and thanked them for bringing me candy they were speechless. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

nas

We had none, except our own 4 that went out.

The mad hatter, the girl from hunger games, a pirate, and of course my little princess ;D
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

clww

Great looking kids, all. We only had about 15 here in VA Beach. Never have had any in Williamsville.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!