iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ebay

Started by Jeff, March 19, 2004, 04:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

How many of you guys do ebay? I am an addict. About the only other website I visit. Lovit lovit lovit. ;D

If enough of you dont mind and think it would be handy, I thought about putting a link over under the find a sawyer link for a quick way to get there.

Just a suggestion. If very many think its not a good idea, ferget you saw me here. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

OK by me.  Know of any GOOD wood fer sale Classifieds ???
Some of us might have something to sell ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Sawyerfortyish

Sounds good to me Jeff.  I have a link in favorites that takes me directly to Stihl chainsaws for sale. From there I go to skidders then crosscut saws. OH NO does this mean I'm addicted too ??? :o

Jeff

Harold you might try listing in our classifieds and maybe they would become a good place.

old3dogg

Hey.
I bought a $170 cell phone on ebay for $20!
Go fer it Jeff B.

Fla._Deadheader

I thought about it, but, I had 1 request for prices since we started sawing.

Once we get a Kiln going, I will definitely list some. The WW has 2 different Classifieds and I have found a couple of others. Just thought I would check with the "Net Guru" ::) ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

redpowerd

yep, good idea, ebay.com is a pretty quick type on the ol keyboard, but you loose the page your currently viewing.
i like it to open in a new window.
im allways looking for farm machinery parts, tractors, jeeps, chainsaws, woodworking tools, outdoor sporting equip......and so on. usually in that order ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Jeff

Thats how I would do it, in a new window. I usually got a forum window open and maybe two ebays then what ever else I am working on.

Bro. Noble

One of the carpenters that's working on our house sells turkey calls and longbows and I think other Native American crafts on e-bay.  I been meaning to look for his stuff.  Now it will be easier.  I hardly ever look at e-bay unless someone makes a post about something for sale there.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Ron Scott

I'm an Ebay regular, buying and selling. Usually in the Antiques, Maritime section.
~Ron

SwampDonkey

I've bought some items off ebay. But, I don't care for the PayPal system which gives you so many credits and when that's gone they require you to jump through hoops to get more credits. Hmmm, why don't they let the credit card company and myself worry about credit? Well that's not a question for the forum. ;) But, none-the-less I never had any trouble with the items I purchased. They were always prompt with delivery. The items I've purchased were under $100 each. I only occassionally go there out of curiousity. Internet shopping isn't that big in Canada, except for software purchases.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

I thinks its a good idea.. I do some buing there and also have a window open to ebay wile on the forum, bought a 3/4 inch drive socket set there just the other day ......and looking for a camera  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

D._Frederick

Jeff,

How about giving us some of your secrets in using E-bay, I have trouble with bidding against the clock running out.

Jeff

I dont bid like that. I usually have a maximum price in mind and thats what I bid. I usually dont bid until the last 15 minutes of an auction though. If its going way past my limit I will know by then and will not have wasted my time.  I spend most of my time searching out poorly listed items or mislisted. Liked the "Lumerjack" wooden clock I got.

shopteacher

Love it, love it, love it.  I visit ebay daily and have been selling there for over 5 years now. Have made a bunch of spare change, however I'm still probably hundreds in the hole from purchases. ;D  UPS has a direct route to my house for deliveries. :D  My newest acquistion was the Hendricks 15' panel saw that I wound up getting for 650.00 FANTASTIC. I've sent stuff around the world, linear actuators to Tiawan, hand planes to Holland, digital dial indicator to the Netherslands,  also items to Germany, Canada, Japan, & Korea. My only problem is getting the time to post items and the packing and shipping.  I got a tailhook off the Aircraft Carrier America, anyone interested?  I use a program called esnipe that bids for me at the last 3 seconds of an auction and up to a preset price. Great for ebaying.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

redpowerd

i need to start sellin off some of my junk, but never sold anything on ebay. i see ebay brokers in the want-ads now!
my pc isnt set up for junk marketing. need a camera.

paypal seems easy, but not if it has 'negative feedback' ;)
anything that makes selling on ebay easy would be welcomed by me. shipping is another one, id like to find a program to estimate costs. i think people are quicker to bid on larger  items if they see shipping is cheap.

anyone need a corporate 14 bolt GM rear axle? freight extra :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Fla._Deadheader

Red, UPS has a link that you can put on each auctionso bidders can check shipping to their area. Ebay is not a real demanding thing to do, just takes time. Cameras ARE essential. I found that no pic pretty much equals, no bids.
   First, it is ridiculed;

shopteacher

Red:  UPS, FedEx and the USPS have sites that will give a shipping cost.  There are programs that make posting easier, but cost to use. As FDH said, no pic = no bid. A cheap camera is better than no camera.
   Don't know about selling off junk though. I started selling on there to get rid of stuff and now I think I have twice as much.

Patty

I think the Ebay link would be fun, Jeff. I don't go there much, because the few times I actually was there, I spent literally hours cruising around. It is a very addictive site, once  I found myself rationalizing why I wanted to bid on a bunch of buttons, for God's sake! Buttons!  :D       Norm rescued me, he rushed in and forced my fingers off the keyboard, and got the monitor turned off just in time. :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

redpowerd

patty, me too, i have to limit myself to a certian search whenever im on, otherwise, nothing gets done.
time is one thing that i have less and less of daily. id need to make at least a hundred the first try, or id give up and not come back.

im sure once i get a camera, id flood the forum with pics first.
theres alot of stuff id like to show you folks, and im sure it would be worth my time, rather than waiting for someone to bid on my forward control willys. ;)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

shopteacher

Youse gots a fooward controls willeys? Wow.

D._Frederick

Shopteacher,

How does your esnipe program work?  Does it switch pack and forth between E bay and your home address and does it use the clock?  Were do you get this program and how much does it cost?

shopteacher

D. goe to http://esnipe.com/   They charge a penny per dollar fee on anything you win nothing on anything bid and not gotten.  It's simple to use. You put in the auction number, your max bid  and set the time you want to bid at before the end of the auction.  Then you forget about it till your notified of a win or loss. That's pretty much it. Been using it for years without a single glitch.

etat

http://bin.vrane.com/login.htm?url=178444623098916

Absolutely free bid snipe program, as long as you only snipe one thing at a time.  Not quite as fast as some, 12 seconds, but that'll mostly do.  Been using it a couple of years.  Bought lots of stuff.  Beware the folks that sell junkl  If you have more questions you can always email the seller beforehand.  My latest purchase, a Dewalt 24 volt reciprocating saw, to replace one that got broke.  My biggest purchase, a welder from Cleveland Ohio.  Sent my dad to pick it up.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

redpowerd

i allways thought of looking for screwed up listings that people dont see. dont know an effecient way of going about it.
i also see how sellers jump into your search queary with the word 'NOT'

yep, as in, you are 'NOT' looking for this, but well get in your way anyhow. >:(

any more tips and tricks for gettin the most outta ebay, this looks like a good thread to brag ;D

teech, i have 3!
ones a DRW ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Patty

So you have a jeep willy!. Norm & the boys bought me a 1955 willy a few years ago for Christmas. It was like a dream come true; I had lusted after that Willy for years. It was a suprise, one of our neighbors owned it, and one day I saw a for sale sign on it. I flew home and told Norm about it, and said I was heading up there to buy it. Well while I was walking up there, Norm called the guy and told him he wanted to buy it for me as a gift and for him to tell me it was already sold. I was so mad at the neighbor for selling it, I ranted and raved and begged, but he wouldn't budge. That night the boys took the jeep and hid it in another neighbor's barn until Christmas Eve. As it happened that Chritmas Eve I was coming down with a cold and after Norm filled me up with cough syrup,  ::), I was totally knocked out by 8:00. Then he and the boys headed out for the Jeep. Of course it wouldn't start after sitting for several months, so they ended up towing & pushing it home through the cold and snow. Christmas morning, I was still a little hung over from the Nyquil, but there in the garage was my jeep with a big red ribbon on it!!   8) :o   I have never been so suprised in my life. What a great Christmas memory!!   8) 8) 8)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

redpowerd

this is off-topic....
sounds like a cj-5?
i have a 75 cj-5 i use in the woods alot, still no cracks in the fiberglass body :o i find it a bit too light for skidding bigger logs, just load it up with friends!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Patty

Sorry to be off topic, but we are talking about my Jeep, so that takes precedence.  ;D
I think it is a CJ-2, not sure though. It was originally army green of course, and no fiberglass has ever touched it, but somewhere along the line someone painted it bright yellow and put racing stipes along the sides. It is a real beauty. The windshield fell off one day when Norm & I were out for a drive,  :o, so now it is truley a convertable. And what a hoot to drive!  8)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Corley5

I spend a bunch of time on E-bay too.  A year ago I sold a bunch of antique outboard motors there.  This winter I've been selling a few NOS antique outboard parts.  I've also sold tractors, antique cars, and have bought tractors, grain vacuums and any manner of other stuff that caught my attention some of which after I got it I had to ask myself why I wanted/needed it ;D.  Lotsa fun.  I've always got an E-bay window open in addition to the FF and usually one to YTmag also.
Dad and I have a 47 CJ2A Jeep with a hardtop.  We don't use it much anymore but used to run it all the time.  It was our fishing buggy in the U.P.  Grandpa built a rack on it to haul the boat.  We rebuilt the engine in it and worked on the brakes and haven't used it much since.  I doubt if it's got 200 miles on the new engine.  It's parked in the garage at the cabin ready to go should we get the urge ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Patty

I'm really not sure if old Willy is a CJ-2, or what. I had originally said CJ-5, but I knew that didn't sound right. It was an Army jeep to begin with, no soft top or anything that I know of, it is pretty basic. Some one welded the back tail gate shut, it doen't have but two seats, and it came with a wooded stick to measure the gas in the tank (you stick it in the tank and pull it out to see if there is any gas on it). It has twin batteries under the hood to get it started, something it hasn't done in a couple years. I think mice have chewed up the electrical system or something, and I need to hire someone to come and work on it, I have really missed driving it.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

redpowerd

the cj-5 was the civilian model of an M-38A1. theres not too many differences. been a while since up on jeep history.
the cj-2a has flat fenders whereas the cj5s fenders were rounded off in the front.
the 2a was the civ. ver. M38

oh, my cj-5 has an ALL fiberglass body, great for the woods, eh?

meanwhile, im bidding on a fuel injection pump for my truck, not knowing if needed ::)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Sawyerfortyish

I have a 47 CJ2A but Patty I beleive you may have a CJ3B that was made in the 50s . The differance between the two is in the engine. The 2A had a flathead engine whereas the 3B had overhead valves and had a higher hood but still had the flat fenders. Now what was this thread about oh yea ebay. For kicks check out the jeeps for sale on ebay.

Mark M

That's where I found my new truck and I plan to sell some stuff. My wife told me I was addicted too, but I've only been going there since last Friday and I only went once. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I haven't left yet. ;)

redpowerd

cj-5s were built from 55 to 83
3bs were made from 63 to 65
but if'n its army, its a m-38a1, built from 51 to 62. those are the ones you see on M.A.S.H.

i lost my injection pump for 87$ >:(
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Patty

OK, then Willy must be a M-38a1, because he used to be an army jeep. Now that that is settled, would you please send somebody over to help me get him started?! :-/    Toys this old are hard to find anyone to work on them, and I just don't have the skills. I bought a book, but it just sits there on the shelf :P not doing any good at all.

Maybe I better do see what is on Ebay today, I looked at the Jeeps yesterday, none are nearly as cool as mine ;D; maybe someone has a box of buttons I can bid on!!  ;D
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Haytrader

I don't have a Jeep story but would E bay be a good place to sell a really old chainsaw?
I have one made by Sears. Still has the decals on it. Looks to be in pretty good shape. Next question. Any guesses what it might bring?
Haytrader

shopteacher

Haytrader, ebays the best place to sell anything, as your selling to the world if you want. A lot of people won't ship overseas, but I'd ship it to Mars if they pay the freight.  Some people ain't got no sense though, just sold a digital dial indicator to the Netherlands,wrote the guy told him shipping by post office was 18.00.  He say hes got an account with Airborne Express (DHL) and to call them and they'll pick it up. Did so and got an invoice, by mistake, the shipping was 63.00.
    As far as price, if you don't know what it's worth set a high reserve, either the most you'd be happy with or something no one in his right mind would pay and see what the high bid brings. That's a pretty good indication of what folk are willing to pay.

redpowerd

haytrader, search chainsaws on ebay and youll find lotsa oldies.

patty, thems oldies are super easy to work on, all you need is gas and spark. unlike todays cars. a part-time mechanic should be able to have it runnin in a few hours. sounds to me like it needs clean wires? start at the battery, should only need one, and work your way out till you have spark. clean all connections and replace any damaged wires.

if you got time to play with it, i can talk you thru, just not on the ebay thread :D anytime you need help, ill do the best i can.

haytrader, i wanna see that ol saw up on ebay soon!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

rebocardo

I mostly sell stuff on E-Bay, close to my 60th sale.

I like to mostly browse for stuff I will never buy, like a bucket truck under $3000 with owner financing
:-D

Haytrader

red,

I put in chain saws and I get like 8 pages of mostly newer saws, chain and manuals.
I get bored quick.
Why don't ya just give me a hunerd and you can put er on E bay and make the big money.

;)
Haytrader

etat

Thin yer search down,   Mostly you'll want to search in business and industrial.  Use the minus sign when needed.  Typing........Chainsaw -manual will eliminate anything with manual in the title.  Typing chainsaw -(manual, new, cheesburger) will bring up titles with chainsaws, and eliminate the ones with manual, new, and cheeseburger in the title.

Try advanced search, lets you program only the catagory you want to search in, and lets you set price guidelies, ie search between 50 dollars, and 500 dollars.  That will also eliminate most of the cheaper junk such as manuals and things.  

Throw in a few of these minuses, add chainsaw used, search titles and descriptions in the right catagories, and you can start narrowing down yer search.

You wouldn't show yer hand playin poker would ya, well ebay's the same way.  GET A SNIPE PROGRAM, everybody else who knows does.  No need of you and somebody else jumping each others bid just to get the price up.  Figger what you want to pay, and ADD A FEW CENTS TO THE SNIPE.  Say you want to pay not over 75 dollars and hopefully not that much.  Set yer snipe at 75 dollars and oh say, 63 cents.  That way if somebody else has the same 75 dollar idee, you'll beat em @ 75 cents.  

My favoriet sellers on used stuff are usually the ones that have sold less than a thousand items, mostly they're the ones who find stuff at sales and stuff, or are cleaning up around their or their neighbors house and unloading stuff on the cheap.  Beware those who have sold thousands and thousands of cheap 'Chinese ;D knockoffs, them ain't bargains, them's mostly junk stuff.  DON"T buy a new oh say reciproating saw for 19.99, I'd much rather find a used name brand with a bunch of life left in it.

They's bargains out there, the trick is knowing what to look for, how to search, and knowing when to email the seller in advance and ask the right questions.  DON"T overbid, if the price goes too high, bid yer time, and wait.  Sonner or later somebody'll sell one cheap.

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

redpowerd

QuoteSet yer snipe at 75 dollars and oh say, 63 cents.  That way if somebody else has the same 75 dollar idee, you'll beat em @ 75 cents
is that a typo or somekinda confuzin math inequality? ??? ;D
i gotta try that cheatin program ;D
dont forget to exclude 'texas chainsaw massasacre' ;)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

etat

typo  ;D ;D ;D a course .75

not showing yer hand ain't cheatin! ;D

Haytrader

I learnt sumthin today.
Didn't know about the minus thing.
Thanks CK
Haytrader

D._Frederick

cktate,

Tried your example of using the minus sign and it didn't work. Can you check your example and see if you typed it wrong?

etat

http://pages.ebay.com/search/items/basicsearch.html?ssPageName=h:h:fitem:US

that will take you to advanced search

chainsaw -manual
Don't forget to put a space betyeen the w and the -

chainsaw -(cheeseburger, massacere, manual, new)

again a space between the w and the -but no space before the ( ) and you have to use a comma and a space between each word

was gonna post a link to a search but it blew the thread all out of porportion.

You can narrow it down more by typing in the name of the chainsaw yer hunting before you start with yer minuses.

Also I noticed more chainsaws was in the home section under tools than business and industrial.

OneWithWood

Been doing some e-baying.  Recently bought a Delmhurst R-2000 moisture meter for the kiln (still on the to-do list).  Yesterday I won the bid on a Stihl 019, should get it this week.  I was bidding on a couple of 020s and an MS200 but got outbid on all. So which one of youse is 'Wayooper'?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Frickman

I look over at ebay once in a while, find some neat stuff. A neighbor girl does the bidding for me. She does one of those esnipe things. So far I've mostly bought original manuals for equipment we own. It's great as alot of the things I buy aren't available new.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

beenthere

frickman
Help me out with understanding the "esnipe" thing, please.

I too, find e-bay will (can, does) take up a lot of time, because it is amazing how many things are on there at anyone time.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Frickman

Beenthere,
Esnipe is just another name for a proxy bid. I don't get too involved as I'm still not too good at these computers, but as stated above, you set your max. bid and esnipe bids on your behalf. If you win you pay a small fee and if you don't you pay nothing.

I'll give you an example. Suppose I see a book I want that is currently at $5.00 with twelve hours ago. It's out of print and I really want it, so I place a proxy bid with esnipe for $50.00. I then walk away and allow esnipe to take over. Esnipe monitors the auction, and a few seconds before close the high bid is $12.50. Esnipe places a bid for me at the next higher increment, say $13.00. The auction closes and I am high bidder at $13.00. I pay for the item and esnipe a small commission for their service. If the high bid is $75.00 shortly before close esnipe does nothing as I have been already outbid. In this case I pay nothing. Esnipe does not automatically bid your max. price, only what you need to win. This all works the same as proxy bids at equipment auctions. The auctioneer may get a proxy bid from a bidder not present, and he bids on their behalf. Hope this helps.

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Larry

We do quite a bit of Ebay stuff.  Sorta runs hot and cold.  Stuff we sell runs from junk to hi dollars.  The boss does all the buying usually Fenton art glass for her collection.  Kathy does the descriptions, packing, and emails.  I do the pictures, computer work, and shipping.

Click on about me, page and it will give a link back to the FF if you dig enough.  Haven't really promoted it much as the web site is not completed.  With Jeff's help I'll get it done some day.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

isawlogs

Jeff....
  You gonna put a link to ebay or ya still debating it  :P  or is it that I didn't seez it  ::) ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

UNCLEBUCK

I found ebay 3 weeks ago and have bought and sold and I am addicted to it ! I look at feedback on the seller and love to browse for heavy construction stuff but I did get myself a nice chess set the other day  :D Its unbelievable what some forklifts and payloaders go for ,I mean nice junky ones ! between ebay and the forum I flip back and forth almost every night !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Mike_P.

I am soliciting some marketing and Ebay advice.  

Jeff and I have been visiting about the possibility of my offering some Rust Reaper product on Ebay.  The goal would be to sell some product, and also to make more folks aware of Rust Reaper. I was thinking of offering a "Handyman's Starter Kit" and, perhaps, another package.

I've bought some things on Ebay ( a hog oiler, old Caterpillar ads, manuals, etc.), but never sold anything.  

Any thoughts, advice, suggestions that you might have would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

wiam

I personally like to see clear pictures.

William

Furby

I like to see a couple of good clear pics, a very detailed description on the item, as well as ALL terms including shipping cost up front.
 I really don't like the ones where they say: "email for shipping cost" or "link to shipping cost". This is for within the US, others contries and stuff is an excetion.
Other then that I would think that any way you would normally advertise the product would work great.
For a newer product I would like to have a really good idea of what to use it on, so some pics of it use would as well as the product would be great.
Also, to get more hits, add some names of the competion. Like "Rust Reaper not WD40", or "works better then WD40".

Jeff

I gotta disagree with furbys advice. Promote the product on its own merit. It ticks me off when I see one of those "Not" listings and I wont buy from them.

I would not list the product under simply its name. People are not looking for "rust reaper"  I would list it under its potential uses.

Gun and rifle lube
sawmill and machinery lube tool
old engine disassembly aid
hit and miss disassembly aid\
etc...

wiam

I am with Jeff on the "not" listings.  I won't buy from them.

William

Flurida_BlackCreek

Something along the line of: Have you tried penatrating oil, lubracants etc... etc.. and not been able to blah blah blah... ? Try Rust Reaper.

I'd also try some creative wording to work the word "blaster" "blast" etc.. in there...

If it's as good as everyone touts, you may want to look into the maritime industry, (Ship building) they used to buy a lot of PB.
I'm happy anywhere south of the mason-dixon line.
-- cdb

Jeff

Ebay does not allow that many words in a title and only words in the title are searchable. Who is on ebay looking for penetrating lube? Nobody I bet. BUT, People looking on ebay for stuff that they are interested in can discover rust reaper as a product that fits a need.

Flurida_BlackCreek

Well ok then, Jeff_B.

"sawmill and machinery lube tool
old engine disassembly aid
hit and miss disassembly aid\ "

Those sound good, go for it.....
-- cdb

Fla._Deadheader

May as well throw this in. What do you do when you have a complaint with a non shipping seller, and the form for submitting the complaint won't submit it??? Keeps returning to the form, wanting the info you just typed in, over and over and over?????  There is NO contact phone # listed for ebay, that I could ever find ???????
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

Anytime we have had a problem we have had no trouble getting the other party's phone number from ebay.

Harold, I wonder if you might be having problems getting places because of your system? I know you mentioned its older. You dont get Java, you cant see movies, perhaps your system does not handle the javascript that is used to pop windows on ebay?

etat

Fla._Deadheader

Jeff, puter is 3 years old. Has Windows ME, and more software than I can even list.

Our computer Guru was supposed to change to Win2000, 3 months ago, and get rid of all kinds of stuff that I never use. ::) ::)

He always has trouble getting here (1 mile) , but knows who to call when he needs help moving heavy furniture, moving his Mother to a different house (twice), etc, etc. Well, we are supposed to replace the roof on his Mobile Home, and I have all the roof liner rolled up in my garage.

It's nearly the rainy season here, (every day) and guess who's NOT going to be around when it starts raining.  ;) ;) :)

HOW do you get ahold of EBAY ????????????
   First, it is ridiculed;

shopteacher

Harold, try this. http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/index.html

A while back I had my account broken into and taken over by someone overseas. They had put 2 wide screen plasma TV up for auction at 2500.00 each and under my name. I couldn't access my own account as they had changed the password. I couldn't find a way to contact ebay directly so I went to their chat room and found a person with ebay.com as their email address. Told her what had taken place and to please forward it to the dept. that would be able to take care of this. They shut down my site and it took about a month to clear it up.

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks Teech. If the deadbeat wasn't in Montana, We would take a trip. ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

shopteacher

Well, if you decide to, stop on the way and I'll go with ya. ;D

Flurida_BlackCreek

I don't buy from e-bay I just browse it. That was a good link CK.

I'll second what teach said, as long as you have room for my fishing gear....

---------
Registrant:
eBay, Inc. (EBAY-DOM)
2005 E. Hamilton Ave., Ste. 350
2125 Hamilton Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
US

Domain Name: EBAY.COM

Administrative Contact:
Payable, Accounts (PFZHEBJLGI) hostmaster@ebay.com
2145 E Hamilton
San Jose, CA 95125
US
408 376 7400

Technical Contact:
Master, Host (WZCTOKYPUI) hostmaster@ebay.com
2145 E Hamilton
San Jose, CA 95125
US
408 376 7400
------
-- cdb

BW_Williams

Harold, where about's in Montana?   ;)
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Furby

CK,
That's funny!!!! But..........if that guy's an engineer...........why did he buy it to begin with?  :D :D :D

etat

Don't know about the engineer part but the guy is a marketing genus.  I run across the link prowling another forum for a minute.  Did you see the bid!!  

Frickman

Thanks for the link ck. That auction is a riot. I'm laughing myself silly right now.

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks Black Creek

Guess who showed up last night, about 4 hours after I posted about my Computer Guru???  He took the machine and worked it over and I got it back at 4PM today ::) ::) ::)

Must have ESP ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

redpowerd

is there another web auctionplace like ebay?
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

etat

WARNING!  IF YOU RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING DELETE IT!  IT IS NOT FROM EBAY!!!!  It is a SCAM!!!!!!!!!!

Replying to:

Dear eBay member,
We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your eBay account from a foreign IP address and we have reasons to believe that your account was used by a third party without your authorization. If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual login attempts may have been initiated by you.

The login attempt was made from:
IP address: 67.125.163.226
ISP Host: adsl-67-125-163-226.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net

By now, we used many techniques to verify the accuracy of the information our users provide us when they register on the Site. However, because user verification on the Internet is difficult, eBay cannot and does not confirm each user's purported identity. Thus, we have established an offline verification system o help you evaluate with who you are dealing with. The system is called ebay PowerSafe and it's the most secure eBay wallet so far.

If you are the rightful holder of the account, click on the link below, fill the form and then submit as we will verify your identity and register you to ebay PowerSafe.

Register with eBay PowerSafe

********(A CLICKABLE LINK WAS INSERTED HERE)**********

To make eBay.com the most secure site to place or bid on your auctions,every user will be registered to PowerSafe.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporally suspend your account.

* Please do not respond to this e-mail as your reply will not be received.

Regards, eBay Inc.

Replies:      

Again, this is NOT from Ebay, It is a SCAM!!!!!!!

Norm

We average about one of those e-mails a week from a fake ebay or paypal. First time I got one about a year ago I called paypal direct and asked if they knew about this scam. I was told they were aware of it. When I asked if they wanted the true ip addy where it came from they said no. Gave me the impression they were less than vigilant about this stuff.

Mark M

etat

Sorry nope, not me.  However I wouldn't mind havin the guy working for me selling jobs!!!!! :)

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

etat

Sawyerfortyish

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D It hurts from laughing but hey it,s up over 5000  I'll wear a dress for 5000 ???

SwampDonkey

$17,100 now, are they buying a bus? Must be the poor sap that's modelling it. :D :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

OneWithWood

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last bid was $800,100.  Do you think someone hit one too many zeros?

:D :D :D :D :D :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

SwampDonkey

I'de have to suggest, 4 too many zeros :D :D :D

westpalm

try www.bid-alot.com its free to join and ya get 15 dollars to start ya ,,,its run by a friend of mine ,,, plus the commissions only 3% ,,,its worth a look ,,,he has live help so if ya wanna sell something and are stuck some one will help ya ,,,,and if it aint got its own catogery yet he'll make 1 for ya ,,,

Kevin_H.

I watched this guy on the today show this morning...At least he has a good sence of humor about all of this...

He did say that they had to start the bidding over because someone bid a million dollars...Well at least he almost got enough to cover the ring.  :D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

etat

On a more serious note, ebay email scam information..

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3404534/

Thank You Sponsors!