iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ebay

Started by Jeff, March 19, 2004, 04:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

How many of you guys do ebay? I am an addict. About the only other website I visit. Lovit lovit lovit. ;D

If enough of you dont mind and think it would be handy, I thought about putting a link over under the find a sawyer link for a quick way to get there.

Just a suggestion. If very many think its not a good idea, ferget you saw me here. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

OK by me.  Know of any GOOD wood fer sale Classifieds ???
Some of us might have something to sell ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Sawyerfortyish

Sounds good to me Jeff.  I have a link in favorites that takes me directly to Stihl chainsaws for sale. From there I go to skidders then crosscut saws. OH NO does this mean I'm addicted too ??? :o

Jeff

Harold you might try listing in our classifieds and maybe they would become a good place.

old3dogg

Hey.
I bought a $170 cell phone on ebay for $20!
Go fer it Jeff B.

Fla._Deadheader

I thought about it, but, I had 1 request for prices since we started sawing.

Once we get a Kiln going, I will definitely list some. The WW has 2 different Classifieds and I have found a couple of others. Just thought I would check with the "Net Guru" ::) ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

redpowerd

yep, good idea, ebay.com is a pretty quick type on the ol keyboard, but you loose the page your currently viewing.
i like it to open in a new window.
im allways looking for farm machinery parts, tractors, jeeps, chainsaws, woodworking tools, outdoor sporting equip......and so on. usually in that order ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Jeff

Thats how I would do it, in a new window. I usually got a forum window open and maybe two ebays then what ever else I am working on.

Bro. Noble

One of the carpenters that's working on our house sells turkey calls and longbows and I think other Native American crafts on e-bay.  I been meaning to look for his stuff.  Now it will be easier.  I hardly ever look at e-bay unless someone makes a post about something for sale there.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Ron Scott

I'm an Ebay regular, buying and selling. Usually in the Antiques, Maritime section.
~Ron

SwampDonkey

I've bought some items off ebay. But, I don't care for the PayPal system which gives you so many credits and when that's gone they require you to jump through hoops to get more credits. Hmmm, why don't they let the credit card company and myself worry about credit? Well that's not a question for the forum. ;) But, none-the-less I never had any trouble with the items I purchased. They were always prompt with delivery. The items I've purchased were under $100 each. I only occassionally go there out of curiousity. Internet shopping isn't that big in Canada, except for software purchases.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

I thinks its a good idea.. I do some buing there and also have a window open to ebay wile on the forum, bought a 3/4 inch drive socket set there just the other day ......and looking for a camera  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

D._Frederick

Jeff,

How about giving us some of your secrets in using E-bay, I have trouble with bidding against the clock running out.

Jeff

I dont bid like that. I usually have a maximum price in mind and thats what I bid. I usually dont bid until the last 15 minutes of an auction though. If its going way past my limit I will know by then and will not have wasted my time.  I spend most of my time searching out poorly listed items or mislisted. Liked the "Lumerjack" wooden clock I got.

shopteacher

Love it, love it, love it.  I visit ebay daily and have been selling there for over 5 years now. Have made a bunch of spare change, however I'm still probably hundreds in the hole from purchases. ;D  UPS has a direct route to my house for deliveries. :D  My newest acquistion was the Hendricks 15' panel saw that I wound up getting for 650.00 FANTASTIC. I've sent stuff around the world, linear actuators to Tiawan, hand planes to Holland, digital dial indicator to the Netherslands,  also items to Germany, Canada, Japan, & Korea. My only problem is getting the time to post items and the packing and shipping.  I got a tailhook off the Aircraft Carrier America, anyone interested?  I use a program called esnipe that bids for me at the last 3 seconds of an auction and up to a preset price. Great for ebaying.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

redpowerd

i need to start sellin off some of my junk, but never sold anything on ebay. i see ebay brokers in the want-ads now!
my pc isnt set up for junk marketing. need a camera.

paypal seems easy, but not if it has 'negative feedback' ;)
anything that makes selling on ebay easy would be welcomed by me. shipping is another one, id like to find a program to estimate costs. i think people are quicker to bid on larger  items if they see shipping is cheap.

anyone need a corporate 14 bolt GM rear axle? freight extra :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Fla._Deadheader

Red, UPS has a link that you can put on each auctionso bidders can check shipping to their area. Ebay is not a real demanding thing to do, just takes time. Cameras ARE essential. I found that no pic pretty much equals, no bids.
   First, it is ridiculed;

shopteacher

Red:  UPS, FedEx and the USPS have sites that will give a shipping cost.  There are programs that make posting easier, but cost to use. As FDH said, no pic = no bid. A cheap camera is better than no camera.
   Don't know about selling off junk though. I started selling on there to get rid of stuff and now I think I have twice as much.

Patty

I think the Ebay link would be fun, Jeff. I don't go there much, because the few times I actually was there, I spent literally hours cruising around. It is a very addictive site, once  I found myself rationalizing why I wanted to bid on a bunch of buttons, for God's sake! Buttons!  :D       Norm rescued me, he rushed in and forced my fingers off the keyboard, and got the monitor turned off just in time. :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

redpowerd

patty, me too, i have to limit myself to a certian search whenever im on, otherwise, nothing gets done.
time is one thing that i have less and less of daily. id need to make at least a hundred the first try, or id give up and not come back.

im sure once i get a camera, id flood the forum with pics first.
theres alot of stuff id like to show you folks, and im sure it would be worth my time, rather than waiting for someone to bid on my forward control willys. ;)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

shopteacher

Youse gots a fooward controls willeys? Wow.

D._Frederick

Shopteacher,

How does your esnipe program work?  Does it switch pack and forth between E bay and your home address and does it use the clock?  Were do you get this program and how much does it cost?

shopteacher

D. goe to http://esnipe.com/   They charge a penny per dollar fee on anything you win nothing on anything bid and not gotten.  It's simple to use. You put in the auction number, your max bid  and set the time you want to bid at before the end of the auction.  Then you forget about it till your notified of a win or loss. That's pretty much it. Been using it for years without a single glitch.

etat

http://bin.vrane.com/login.htm?url=178444623098916

Absolutely free bid snipe program, as long as you only snipe one thing at a time.  Not quite as fast as some, 12 seconds, but that'll mostly do.  Been using it a couple of years.  Bought lots of stuff.  Beware the folks that sell junkl  If you have more questions you can always email the seller beforehand.  My latest purchase, a Dewalt 24 volt reciprocating saw, to replace one that got broke.  My biggest purchase, a welder from Cleveland Ohio.  Sent my dad to pick it up.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

redpowerd

i allways thought of looking for screwed up listings that people dont see. dont know an effecient way of going about it.
i also see how sellers jump into your search queary with the word 'NOT'

yep, as in, you are 'NOT' looking for this, but well get in your way anyhow. >:(

any more tips and tricks for gettin the most outta ebay, this looks like a good thread to brag ;D

teech, i have 3!
ones a DRW ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Thank You Sponsors!