iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beef roll mops

Started by Mike@Norwood, October 29, 2012, 03:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike@Norwood

I was in the mood for a slow cooked dinner.

So I bought a top round roast, sliced it and pounded out each piece to about a 1/8" thick. Then I seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic and put a piece of bacon and some onion inside then rolled them up. I used toothpicks to keep them together.

Here there are seared to perfection and ready to simmer in gravy for a few hours in the oven until fork tender or just about ready to fall apart

I served them over a bed of mashed taters w/ a side of stuffing and corn. Of course, there was a fresh loaf of bread to lop up the extra gravy and drippings. They're also good over egg noodles

thanks for looking

Raider Bill

White crusty bread?

Looks Delish!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Now that is a different twist for sure.   digin1
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

Those look real good.  We call them Rollades.  They are also great made the same way but with grated 3 cheese like asiago, Romano and Parmesan.  Lay them flat,  sprinkle the grated cheese and roll away.  Very tasty.

Jeff

Mmmmmmmmm......
What Bill said. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norm

Mike you've been holding out on us haven't you, this looks really good!

But the bread for the gravy...who doesn't love a good meal with fresh bread.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!