iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TJ 330 brake problem

Started by rockwall, October 28, 2012, 06:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockwall

I have a friend with a 1979 TJ 330 with automatic Allison tranny and he can't get the brakes to work. He took the plates(metal&fiber) out and they looked good, he rebuilt the master cylinder. He doesn't know how many plates should be in there . What else can he do to make the brakes work? Does anyone know where to get a set of plates(discs) for that machine? Thanks

rick f

Harold's  logging in hampden should have them and they can tell him how many I bet.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

rockwall

I need to know the serial number and model number of the allison transmisission in my friend's 1970(not 1979) TJ 330. Where can we find the numbers on the machine? The TJ 330 serial number is #333253 model 330.

rockwall

Still haven't found the serial number & model number for tranny. Help!

deerguy

Hey Rockwall, I have a late 60's TJ330 and it sounds like the exact same driveline. I needed a charge pump that bolts onto the Allison, and the pump OEM in Pennsylvania had no trouble identifying my tranny. I also have the complete manual for that machine and for the 353 DD. It was worth it's weight in gold when we had to rebuild and set the governor.
I'll check later this week and see what info I can find and I'll post results for you if you havent already got your answers !!

Deerguy
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!