iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Had my post removed.

Started by old3dogg, March 19, 2004, 11:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

old3dogg

There was a fellow on the woodweb asking about chat rooms for us wood people.I told him about this forum because I feel it has a lot of knowledge,gets a lot of action and is a fun place to "chat"
The good people at woodweb felt that my post should be removed?
I even made Jeff mad and he didnt remove my post!
I took the woodweb out of my favorites and removed my self from there.Now that I have found this forum I dont need them anyhow.
Mike.

Jeff

Not mad, remember, just peeved.  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

old3dogg

Sorry Jeff.
Not mad just peeved :D
On a side note.I just flipped over "good ole boys,red neckin,nascar,southern home grown,budwiser,Dale Earnhardt#8 racin hat.
Made in China :-/
I give up man I really do!

Pete J

I have no love for woodweb either. They need to re-think how they treat people if they want to stay in business.

beav

Frickman

I used to go over to the Woodweb a good bit. In fact, it's how I found out about the FF. Bibbyman had a link to the FF on a response he made, and I've been coming here ever since. Seems that in the past year things have been going downhill over there. I guess that they wouldn't allow a link to over here anymore.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Bro. Noble

I usta think the way you guys do but I read where one of the 'professionals' there is taking flatsawn lumber and resawing it into quartersawn boards.  Now that's something I need to learn :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

old3dogg

Bro.
When you figure that out will you let the rest of know how you did it?
I could get out of this kiln dry stuff and start sawing for a living!

Bro. Noble

I'm thinking he must have awfully big lumber or else is satisfied with really small boards :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

old3dogg

On another note about WW.What ever you do .dont complain about an advertizer over there!
That is a big no no!

Jeff

Well, I aint going to allow sponsors to be banged up here either any more then I would allow a member to. I sure don't fault them for that. There is absolutely no reason to bad mouth a sponsor or other member here in public unless you got an axe to grind and at the Forestry Forum we grind our axes in the shed. Our sponsors will go the ten thousanth mile to take care of customers and they are here most everyday in case you have a question. We have behind the scenes abilitys to contact them and get information using the instant messages or the full members board.

It makes sense for any board to protect thier sponsors and advertisers from a public flogging.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

The complaint dept. here should also be a no, no.
  It is always better to try to resolve the problem privately. If that doesn't work, then a mild "heads-up" would be the way to go. No-one wants to get "taken", but, with todays employees, there MAY be a problem that management is un-aware of.

Besides, whadda I know??? ::) ::) ;D
  SHOOT, Jeff done beat me to it ;) :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

old3dogg

Jeff B.
And I dont blame you for that.
I wasnt the one complaning on the WW about an advertiser I was only offering advice on how I would handle the situation but my post got pulled.
I had trouble with the same company and was telling the complaner how I handled the problem.
Im looking to the left and I dont see the advitiser.

old3dogg

I need to get rid of that darn "z" :D

Den Socling

Hey Mike,

I was thinking of suggesting to that guy that he come here but I knew it wouldn't fly. Did you tell him in email.

WoodWeb really has been on a slide. Really lame post. Was going to elaborate but I guess I'll stop there.  :D

Den

PS That 4/4 RO will really take a wackin'. I can dry it as fast as in a RF kiln.

old3dogg

Hi Den.
I did send him an email to come here.Hope he does.
We decided to re dry the 4/4 RO in a vac kiln.
The 60% MC stuff turned out great.I took a few over to the D-Plant and ran them through the sander and WOW!
Even the sap wood didnt crack.Maybe I should flood all of my kilns during drying!
Up next is 4/4 Popular and 8/4 RO after that.
I have 4 days to dry the Pop.and 2weeks to dry the 8/4 RO.
I have a feeling that Im not going to be out of work long.
The boss says that if China wants this stuff we will send them all that they can handle! ;D

EZ

I still browse over at WW just to see whats going on, I very seldom post on there cause I'm just a p-on. But when I first started the sawing thing, I did learn alot, but then again most of what I learned was from the same guys thats on The Forestry Forum. ;D
EZ

RevCant

Well, I joined up here because I got pxxxed at the WW.  There was a particular thread on sawing where the "Doctor"  was expressing an opinion.  Someone challenged his opinion, and within 1/2, that post had been deleted.

I'd been a "guest" here for over a year and a half.  That day I ponied up and gave Jeff all my darkest secrets to become a "member." :D  Seldom go back to WW now.  Great forum Jeff.

RevCant
If cows could only tail....

J_T

Never posted over thare can' t spell profeshinal so I an't one .Here you are treated good even if you can't type or spell. As a fact I never typed till I came here wife got tired doing it  :D So here I am 8)
Jim Holloway

DanG

Your typing skills are coming right along, Jim. :)  You've been blathering on for 275 posts now, and I can usually tell what you are talking about. ;D :D :D :D   I, for one, am enjoying it. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

J_T

Thanks Dan G Wish I was closer like to see that row auto's  and other goodies you got stashed around . 8)
Jim Holloway

BW_Williams

Mike, I took WW out of my favorites file about a month ago,  I will not participate in a forum that treats my friends like they do.  The "professor" over there would have a coronary if he saw how amauteurs like myself do out West!  Life's too short to waste on people like that.  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

shopteacher

I only got time for one forum and this is it. Like it or not I'm staying and so is Butch. ( He might not like, but he ain't got no say in the matter ;D).
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

oldsaw

This place is full of the best people I've ever encountered on a forum.  A lot of stuff gets covered in the course of a day and all I ever seem to see is "nice".  Not mean, spiteful, or posts designed to get someones goat.

Jeff, you run a good playground here.  All these kids play well with others.  I like it here.
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

etat

Somebody else mentioned FF on the same thread, they bounced that post too.  The administrator finished with a post about legitimate discussion.   ???
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Thank You Sponsors!