iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

GMC Help?

Started by bama20a, October 27, 2012, 12:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bama20a

Need some help,It's a 2000 GMC,, 5.7 (350), Really don't know where to start asking ::),It will not start,Here is the strange part,You can unhook the coil wire & it will hit, Which I don't see how on a gas burning motor ,But it will.
I'm gone alot,But my son has changed alot of the parts. He's just guessing,New coil- fuel pump,Plug wire's & more.
When you hook up the coil wire you won't get any fire from the coil,The coil has 2 wires going in & with the switch on you get power to one of the wires,So I guessing we are getting power to the coil?
Has anyone every had this problem or tell me what to check,I've got to go back out again tomorrow so I don't have alot of time,Thanks Mark,,,,,
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

gandrimp

Not sure what model you have, but the 350 wasnt used in any of the 2000 that I was aware of. I checked a few models and found this to be also. I had 2 99 models and 1 2000 model that also used multiple coil packs.
More info is needed to be able to help.
LM2000

ScottAR

The 2500/3500 trucks still were the older body/chassis till 2001. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

WmFritz

For '00 2500 Sierra's, 350 ci and 7.4 l were still used.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

bama20a

Quote from: WmFritz on October 28, 2012, 12:15:20 AM
For '00 2500 Sierra's, 350 ci and 7.4 l were still used.
Yep, Thats what mine is. Thanks,Guess I should gave more info,Sorry about that.

sandhills

When you turn the switch on (without turning the engine over) you should here the electric pump in the fuel tank run for a second or two, if you don't I'd start there, it's a common problem with GMs and when that pump goes they're dead in the water.  I won't tell you about the cost  :-\.

bama20a

O,k, Fuel pump not working,Checked & I'm not getting power to the fuel relay,Now to find where the power comes from to supply the  relay. :-\

SPIKER

Check the BUMP/CRASH switch which kills power to the fuel pump should be by the kick panel or on the fender well not sure on your GMC but fords are by drivers kick panel.  red button pops up if impact and truck dies.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

moosehunter

Bama20a,
GM does not use the "bump/crash switch that Ford does.
If you have no spark AND no fuel pump you most likely have a power/ground issue or a security system problem.
Check fuse "ECM1" and Fuse "ECMB" in the underhood fuse box.
Look for a small flashing light on the dash if it is a security system problem.
I can send you a wiring schematic if you have a fax #.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thank You Sponsors!