iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fish and white beans

Started by thurlow, October 26, 2012, 10:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thurlow

Swmbo'd boss is CEO of her bank and is also our state representative;  someone running for office will often throw a 'feed' for the masses.  I got volunteered to help feed about 500 follks yesterday afternoon/evening.  Menu was fish fillets/white beans/french fries/slaw/hush puppies/dessert; I got volunteered to cook the white beans.......50# of 'em. 

Soaked 'em overnight;  took every pot in the house, including this 24 quart one.

To start, I sauteed 6 or 8 lbs of onions and a like amount of sliced/coarsely chopped country ham for seasoning.

My fish cookers hold about 8 gallons each;  took 4 of 'em to cook the beans.....

Had about one pot of beans left;  got all the stuff loaded on the trailer and it's sitting back in the barn.  The pots have got the bean residue still in 'em;  rained overnight;  when it quits, I've got to go heat 'em back up, wash and clean 'em so they'll be ready for the next time.  We had a blast...........
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Raider Bill

You sure have that figured out and the equipment to make it happen!

My Friends in Tenn. call the Great Northern white beans I use "Yankee Beans" They say  "well their not pinto beans".....
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Texas Ranger

My yankee wife calls black eye peas "cow feed".
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Norm

Now that's some serious cooking going on there Thurlow!

Thank You Sponsors!